GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"First Buffy Review!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/07/02 at 16:29
Regular
Hiya,

CJ's off at the moment, but hold back those tears as the GAME newsletter this week is as good as ever.

Before he vanished he had time to get to grips with Buffy on Xbox to provide the definitive review of arguably the best title to hit the machine since Halo...

I have just quoted that from an email I just received, before commenting read the review from GAME! Visit here for more details!

http://www.game.uk.com/lowdowns
Sat 20/07/02 at 14:22
Regular
According to OXM it is great - 8.3/10.
Sat 20/07/02 at 10:43
Regular
"accidental superher"
Nomad_Soul wrote:
> I've never expected Buffy to be anything else but mediocre.

good to see someone agrees with me on this on...remember this is only a personal opinion...i'm actually ALL FOR IT BEING GREAT!
Sat 20/07/02 at 08:56
Regular
I've never expected Buffy to be anything else but mediocre.
Fri 19/07/02 at 19:46
Regular
"accidental superher"
scores from xgamer

Graphics: 8/10
Totally smooth and competent

Accessibility: 9/10
Plug and play, baby

Gameplay: 5/10
Initially good, but soon repetitive

Depth: 4/10
Whack stuff. Collect Tthings. Open doors.

TOTAL: 6/10
A sound but yawnsome affair. Fans will be coffin into their tea.
Fri 19/07/02 at 19:44
Regular
"accidental superher"
was just moping around in gamefaqs.com forums and searched for buffy to see whether there were any reviews...
in the forums there apparently xgamer have a review of it...and they gave it a BAD review
anyway i'm still waiting for the IGN and gamespot review
Fri 19/07/02 at 17:38
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> garbe123 wrote:
> Not true! Read their Prisoner Of War one, they have a lot of
> negative
> comments about that and say to stick to other titles due to slow
> gameplay and poor graphics!
>
>
> Poor graphics? On the mighty Xbox? Surely not! It's so easy to
> create games for, there's no excuse for such things... unlike that
> beastly PS2 thing that no-one can get to grips with!
>
>
>
> See, I was right - it IS down to lazy developers! :-)

LOL, Ah yes, the comment I mae when I first came onto these forums! Although it was on the official Codemasters Website aobut easy programming for the Xbox I did exhaggerate it slightly, LOL, anyway yes poor graphics for both the PS2 and Xbox versions so I will be leaving that one well alone! As for Buffy, that will be my next Xbox title after I have purchased Shenmue 2 for the Dreamcast.
Fri 19/07/02 at 17:10
"High polygon count"
garbe123 wrote:
> Not true! Read their Prisoner Of War one, they have a lot of negative
> comments about that and say to stick to other titles due to slow
> gameplay and poor graphics!

Poor graphics? On the mighty Xbox? Surely not! It's so easy to create games for, there's no excuse for such things... unlike that beastly PS2 thing that no-one can get to grips with!

See, I was right - it IS down to lazy developers! :-)
Fri 19/07/02 at 16:54
Regular
Cinnamon wrote:
> From what I've seen, Buffy the game doesn't look that convincing. And
> I'm not surprised GAME gave it a positive review seeing they want to
> sell as many copies as possible.

Not true! Read their Prisoner Of War one, they have a lot of negative comments about that and say to stick to other titles due to slow gameplay and poor graphics!
Fri 19/07/02 at 16:51
Regular
By the sounds of that review we are in for a very good title! I can't wait to get this now, I haven't ever doubted this game unlike some people *coughtitlawhirlcoughwookiecough* only kidding! I would like to see scores though for graphics, sound etc, IGN should have them soon!
Fri 19/07/02 at 16:50
Regular
From what I've seen, Buffy the game doesn't look that convincing. And I'm not surprised GAME gave it a positive review seeing they want to sell as many copies as possible.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.