GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony's master plan"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 11/11/00 at 17:28
Regular
I have recently been thinking about the way the whole pre-ordering system is completely knackered, and I came to this conclusion. Perhaps the chaos wasn't a mistake on Sony's part at all. Perhaps they have loads of PS2 units, but are simply lying to put the wind up us.
'But why?" I hear you scream ( or at least murmur). I reckon it's advertising.
Think about it. If Sony had released a statement saying that everyone who pre-ordered was going to get one on launch day then everyone would rest back on their laurels, safe in the knowledge that they already have a PS2. But by being cagey and not really telling anyone anything, no-one really knows what the hell is going on.
Christ, it was in the papers this morning ' thousands could be in for dissapointment'. And they say no publicity is bad publicity.

Then again, whoever's in charge might just be a colossal plug.

( as you can probably tell I am big on conspiracy theories, and am generally paranoid)
Sat 11/11/00 at 18:13
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
As far as we know Sony were quite cautious in issuing the pre-order forms.

I think it is quite unlikely that anybody who pre-ordered on an official form will be disappointed
Sat 11/11/00 at 17:28
I have recently been thinking about the way the whole pre-ordering system is completely knackered, and I came to this conclusion. Perhaps the chaos wasn't a mistake on Sony's part at all. Perhaps they have loads of PS2 units, but are simply lying to put the wind up us.
'But why?" I hear you scream ( or at least murmur). I reckon it's advertising.
Think about it. If Sony had released a statement saying that everyone who pre-ordered was going to get one on launch day then everyone would rest back on their laurels, safe in the knowledge that they already have a PS2. But by being cagey and not really telling anyone anything, no-one really knows what the hell is going on.
Christ, it was in the papers this morning ' thousands could be in for dissapointment'. And they say no publicity is bad publicity.

Then again, whoever's in charge might just be a colossal plug.

( as you can probably tell I am big on conspiracy theories, and am generally paranoid)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.