GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is it me, or is my PS2 pre-order totally mucked up???"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 11/11/00 at 15:04
Regular
I pre-ordered 2 weeks ago hoping to get it on launch day. Then I found it was likely I would get it before Christmas, but not launch day, and now its January!!! Also, I don't know whether you need to pre-order PS2 games or not, so I haven't. AND, I STILL haven't recieved a blue pre-order form from theslammer.com or a letter from Sony, even though I pre-ordered exactly 2 weeks ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I AM IN DISTRESS!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

PS- Damo, I'm still thankful, as January is actually pretty early compapred to some sites.
Sat 11/11/00 at 15:04
Regular
"I like cheese"
I pre-ordered 2 weeks ago hoping to get it on launch day. Then I found it was likely I would get it before Christmas, but not launch day, and now its January!!! Also, I don't know whether you need to pre-order PS2 games or not, so I haven't. AND, I STILL haven't recieved a blue pre-order form from theslammer.com or a letter from Sony, even though I pre-ordered exactly 2 weeks ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I AM IN DISTRESS!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

PS- Damo, I'm still thankful, as January is actually pretty early compapred to some sites.
Sat 11/11/00 at 15:21
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I don't think you need to worry about pre-ordering games all that much, although its probably safer to do so to make sure you get a copy of games you want.

As for your confirmation letter not arriving, all i can say is that your still on a waiting list for when one comes in, the shop is probably telling you these sliding dates to sugar coat it.

My friend who has one pre-ordered recieved a booklet during the week which has apparently gone out to all the people that are recieving their PS2 on the release date. It basically contains stuff like the process of the PS2 reaching them and upcoming games.
Although if its anything like the last leaflet / booklet that came with the PS1, half the games in won't be seen for over a year.
Sat 11/11/00 at 15:35
Regular
They have totally messed up, they should have fixed this problem ages ago, that had lots of time to do it but still it didn't happen, hopefully with Nintendo GameCube out next year it should give them enough time to plan.
Sat 11/11/00 at 15:36
Regular
"Whatever!"
I still reckon it is all down to hype. The only thing is no-one is sure just what the hell is going on, I havent had a finalised confirmation letter yet from Sony but I have had a letter from Special Reserve saying I have one from their first allocation of stock - so Im obviously sticking to what SR have told me.
As far as I know no-one has had a final letter from Sony yet, and they seem to be cutting it a bit fine as its less that 2 weeks now till release.
All this talk of Sony cutting the UK allocation this late on I reckon is just to keep us all in suspense. Surely they wouldnt tell people that they havent got a PS2 so near to the launch. That would put a lot of people of the machine and would be a bad marketing ploy.
I think everyone who pre-ordered will get a console before Christmas and it shouldnt be too long before they start to stock the high street shelves with them (This is just wishfull thinking as I am just living in hope that I get my machine!!).
Sat 11/11/00 at 15:53
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
There are 2 people i know that have had confirmation letters from Sony, my friend and another guy i know from work.
Sat 11/11/00 at 15:53
Regular
Who have to put the blame where it belongs. Or so Willow from Buffy says, anyway.

So don't worry, it's not your fault, and you can't do anything about it, so let it lie.

Damn Willow is nice.

Anyway, Sony made a big mess of things, which should have turned out to be a great big adverisment for them, but it seems that many are now refusing to bother buying PS2's now anyway, and going for another console instead.

(Special Reserve are out of Dreamcasts at the moment, which may have something to do with it.)
Sat 11/11/00 at 15:57
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
2 weeks ago! are you crazy? I know someone that ordered it early this year and won't be seeing it until Febuary/March! not trying to put you off or anything, personnaly I don't think it's worth buying yet.
Sat 11/11/00 at 16:15
Regular
It's better if people got it next year, except the lure of Microsoft and Nintendo's new machines might be too much to resist.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.