GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The ups and downs of gaming."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/07/02 at 19:20
Regular
As soon as a game is in your hands you can't think about anything else but inserting it into your beloved console, well maybe you may think about one other thing but its natural :) The only destination you wish to arrive in is within range of your games console.

So there you are at the most exciting part of gaming; putting the game in for the first time. Reading reviews, reading previews even watching a rolling demo of the game does not come anywhere close to what it feels like to get a new game. The excitement is indescribable, only you will know what it feels like. You are thinking ' I hope this game was worth my hard earned cash'. Well that is what we worry about right? You could be sitting there in the next ten minutes of putting the game in with thoughts of disappointment and regret. For the next few hours you are either glued to the television screen in anticipation of some even greater gaming to add to you’re gaming knowledge or are on your way back to the shop.

The most satisfying feeling you can get from gaming is the feeling of completion. You've finally shown this game who is boss and now you can look back on the worlds you have just conquered. Or can you? Have you really conquered the game, these kinds of thoughts and questions bring us to playing the game again; reliving the games best moments.

The worst thing about gaming in my opinion is when you have nothing to play. It very rarely happens but I'm guessing you've sat staring at your games collection thinking 'erm... what shall I play'. That is probably the worst thing that can happen, not being able to play on your console due to not having a game that you wish to play on. This can be reduced by choosing games that will last you a while. You notice that I did not say 'this can be stopped', well inevitably your games only have so much life in them .It is like living creatures we are all going to die someday. Some games will die quicker than others, which is a shame.

From the highest high of gaming to the lowest low, we love it and will carry on to be feed as long as the gamers produce good quality food for us to digest. What ever console you own you will see some of the most awful moments of gaming and you will definitely see some great moments which will stay at the top of your gaming experiences.

What has been your best/worst moment in your gaming experience?

**Kerrang!**
Fri 19/07/02 at 19:13
Regular
"$hit happens"
Very good post Kerrang,
the thing i do is buy the game and try it, if i dislike it i take it back!

I know you all do it, don't deny it. lol

But i agree with the watching every cut scene in case they are extrodinarily good, like in FFX but it is the way it has to be done. You want the full story not half of it, you want details!

Good post
:)
Thu 18/07/02 at 22:41
When i get a new game nothing else matters and when you put in the machine you dont touch the buttons incase of that incredible cut-scene.

The best experiance i have ever had would have to be...........Halo for excitement and project gotham racing or hitman for the graphics..but undoubtably the worst experiance ever would be BLAST CORPS for the N64 at first i thought i would get used to it but after 1/2 an hour i was bored and wanted my money back

Good post kerrang a good subject another good one is the feeling of completeing the game, bordem or relief. You are happy its over and you have conquered yet you think what do i do now.
Thu 18/07/02 at 21:10
Regular
Excellent post Kerrang! I agree with what you say about expectation when a new game arrives, thats why i normally rent out a game first to sort of give it a trial run. Thats why my worst moment was probably when i brought agent under fire, and well i expected a lot, and the game didnt live up to the hype. Well done on the post.
Thu 18/07/02 at 19:20
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
As soon as a game is in your hands you can't think about anything else but inserting it into your beloved console, well maybe you may think about one other thing but its natural :) The only destination you wish to arrive in is within range of your games console.

So there you are at the most exciting part of gaming; putting the game in for the first time. Reading reviews, reading previews even watching a rolling demo of the game does not come anywhere close to what it feels like to get a new game. The excitement is indescribable, only you will know what it feels like. You are thinking ' I hope this game was worth my hard earned cash'. Well that is what we worry about right? You could be sitting there in the next ten minutes of putting the game in with thoughts of disappointment and regret. For the next few hours you are either glued to the television screen in anticipation of some even greater gaming to add to you’re gaming knowledge or are on your way back to the shop.

The most satisfying feeling you can get from gaming is the feeling of completion. You've finally shown this game who is boss and now you can look back on the worlds you have just conquered. Or can you? Have you really conquered the game, these kinds of thoughts and questions bring us to playing the game again; reliving the games best moments.

The worst thing about gaming in my opinion is when you have nothing to play. It very rarely happens but I'm guessing you've sat staring at your games collection thinking 'erm... what shall I play'. That is probably the worst thing that can happen, not being able to play on your console due to not having a game that you wish to play on. This can be reduced by choosing games that will last you a while. You notice that I did not say 'this can be stopped', well inevitably your games only have so much life in them .It is like living creatures we are all going to die someday. Some games will die quicker than others, which is a shame.

From the highest high of gaming to the lowest low, we love it and will carry on to be feed as long as the gamers produce good quality food for us to digest. What ever console you own you will see some of the most awful moments of gaming and you will definitely see some great moments which will stay at the top of your gaming experiences.

What has been your best/worst moment in your gaming experience?

**Kerrang!**

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.