GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"CONSOLES-PLEASE HELP"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/07/02 at 16:13
Regular
Hi. I have wanted to know for ages what console I should buy. I like most games and that's why it is so hard to choose which console to get. The Gamecube is the cheapest but I don't really know if it's the best. Icould get an x-box which has the best graphics of them all. Then there's the PS2 which has tons of cool games. PLEASE HELP.
Thu 18/07/02 at 17:30
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I'd say GC, but I also have a PS2.

Just say no to the X-Box.
Thu 18/07/02 at 17:23
Speaking of PS2s you heard that sony are now making 2 million a month ww. Sales have soared in europe and the usa
Thu 18/07/02 at 17:14
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> Sud wrote:
> Then there's the PS2 which has tons of cool games.
>
>
> You just anwsered your question yourself there.
>
> If you think the Playstation 2 has the best games and they suit your
> game playing style then get a Playstation 2.
>
> Get the console which you think has the best games, not the most
> powerful my friend.

Sorry monkey. I meant that it has the most games that are good at the moment. But what about when Mario Sunshine comes to Gamecube. And then when shen mue 3(which I think will be wicked) comes out for the X Box.
Thu 18/07/02 at 16:19
Regular
Well said MWA.

I think the one 1 with the most games is the best because they will keep you entertained for longer.
Thu 18/07/02 at 16:18
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Just wanted to mention even if a console has immense capabilities if a developer cannot use them to the max tech specs become obsolete and the games, which should have been priority in the first place becomes priority.

If I was you, get a Gamecube. Or a PS2 (I have both, and I'm not biased either way). I just feel GC games, although there are fewer, they are just generally better than alot of PS2 games (although there ARE exceptions)
Thu 18/07/02 at 16:18
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Depends how much money you've got and how many games you want.

At the mo get a PS2 cos of the choice / price of games and the amount of games available. Wait another three months and the GC will have more choice of games and will have some more great titles ready.

Wait another 6 months and you'll be able to pick up an X Box and 1/2 dozen games for a fiver :D
Thu 18/07/02 at 16:15
"Uzi Lover"
Sud wrote:
> Then there's the PS2 which has tons of cool games.

You just anwsered your question yourself there.

If you think the Playstation 2 has the best games and they suit your game playing style then get a Playstation 2.

Get the console which you think has the best games, not the most powerful my friend.
Thu 18/07/02 at 16:13
Hi. I have wanted to know for ages what console I should buy. I like most games and that's why it is so hard to choose which console to get. The Gamecube is the cheapest but I don't really know if it's the best. Icould get an x-box which has the best graphics of them all. Then there's the PS2 which has tons of cool games. PLEASE HELP.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.