GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best ever Zelda game."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/07/02 at 10:19
Regular
What do you all think was the best Zelda game ever made?
Of course, I loved Ocarina of Time, but I completed far to quickly for my liking. I also liked the colour gameboy games too but my favourite has to be the one on the snes, which will be coming to the GBA =).
A link to the past is actually one of the best games I have ever played, though the snes had many great rpgs and secret of mana was quite brilliant also.
Anyway it would be cool to see what you guys think.
Thu 18/07/02 at 10:19
What do you all think was the best Zelda game ever made?
Of course, I loved Ocarina of Time, but I completed far to quickly for my liking. I also liked the colour gameboy games too but my favourite has to be the one on the snes, which will be coming to the GBA =).
A link to the past is actually one of the best games I have ever played, though the snes had many great rpgs and secret of mana was quite brilliant also.
Anyway it would be cool to see what you guys think.
Thu 18/07/02 at 10:35
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'd have to say that Ocarina of Time is definitley the best Zelda game i've played, and certainly the best RPG i've yet to have experienced!
The only other 2 Zelda games i've played are Majora's Mask and Oracle of Ages, which are both pretty good.
I really need to get back to OoT very soon to comlete it, but the lame cartoon really put me off of the idea of playing any of the earlier Zelda titles. Shame, i've missed so much. :(

But i'm glad to see A Link to the Past coming to the GBA.
It is regarded by many as THE best Zelda game, and the multiplayer features just add to that!
I also can't wait for the new Zelda on the GC! :D

When you think about it, there are actually quite a few decent RPG's on the little GBA - like Golden Sun and Breath of Fire aswell as Zelda.
Thu 18/07/02 at 20:40
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Ocarina Of Time without a doubt. I never played A Link to the Past and I was never a fan of gameboy games but I did play Majora's Mask (which I was extremely disappointed in) and the gold cartridge Zelda on the NES.

Ocarina of Time though, is my favourite game of all time. I did think FFX was going to ssteal it's crown but no, it's still Zelda.
Thu 18/07/02 at 21:57
Ocarina of time is pure and simply the best of the zelda games, no doubt about it. It's going to be extremely hard for nintendo to improve on it enough in the new zelda to topple OOT off its pearch.
I agree with Vottanator about Majora's mask being a dissapointment. It started off well but its magic seemed to dissapear the more you got into the game, especialy the last temple, what a dissapointment that was. Not that im saying Majoras mask was bad game in fact it was very good but it didn't live up to expectations. "Celda" better though!
Thu 18/07/02 at 21:59
Regular
OOT most definetly, though I feckin loved Links Awakening.
Thu 18/07/02 at 22:02
Regular
A Link To The Past is still my favourite in the series so far...though that's not including the original two, Oracle of Ages and the new GameCube game seeing as I haven't had the chance to play those yet.
Thu 18/07/02 at 22:09
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> OOT most definetly, though I feckin loved Links Awakening.

Links Awakening was amazing although very difficult. I managed to complete it in the end, which felt great! That eagle castle was impossible.
The only Zelda I haven't played is Majora's Mask so I might nab a copy off someone....
Fri 19/07/02 at 16:49
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Yeah, you SHOULD get Majora's Mask iif you're a Zelda fan.
It's still a good game, and a Zelda one at that, even if it doesn't live upto post-Ocarina of Time expectations.

Link being able to transform into the other creatures using masks is a unique experience in it's own right.
But a lot of characters and places you WILL instantly recognise from the previous game - under different names.

And the Time Limits offer a real challenge here.
Fri 19/07/02 at 17:04
Okey Dokey, I'll see what it's like and it should hopefully get me through some of August. For now I might begin A Link to the Past yet again, ooo I love that game too much. But even after completing it several times I can never get maximum hearts =(
Fri 19/07/02 at 18:14
Definitely Ocarina of Time... I loved it!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.