GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Michael jackson, Black???"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/07/02 at 20:14
Regular
Its bugs the hell out of me that Michael Jackson is campaigning against racism in the music industry because he thinks he is being racialy discriminated by white people when really his new album is just crap and not alot of people like him anymore. Oh and another thing, he aint black! He lost the right to do things like that when he changed his colour and now hes just an old annoying crazy women like plastic doll who is in a bad mood because no one likes his album.
Sat 20/07/02 at 00:07
Regular
I doubt he is happy with himself, especially when you consider that his face is nearly always covered and I aint seen him without a hat on for time...
Fri 19/07/02 at 17:34
"High polygon count"
Or†ega wrote:
> Techinally he is still a black person, the whiteness was becasue of a
> rare skin condition or somthin wasnt it?

I'm sure it was part of his plastic surgery. I seem to remember reading that he had a series of skin-lightening operations.

Whether or not he's a fruitcake is debatable, but one thing's for sure - he certainly wasn't happy with who he was. Question is - is he happy with who he is now?
Thu 18/07/02 at 21:23
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Well he is the man, I'll give him that. I actually put in my History album for the first time in a long time today. I wanted to hear him get angry at the end of You Are Not Alone. Oh it cracks me up every time. Then I thought I'd listen to Earth Song, Billy Jean, The Girl is Mine and Don't Stop till you get Enough.

Earth Song's lyrics were more terrible than I remembered. "What about elephants? Have we lost their trust?" That's just painful to listen to!

However, while listening to Don't Stop Till You Get Enough, I suddenly realsied just how funny it would be to have Chris Tucker performing You Are Not Alone in Rush Hour 3. I can imagine him getting all angry at the end.

Anyway, yeah, Invincible sucks. My sister bought it and the only (and I mean ONLY) good thing about it is Chris Tucker at the beginning of You Rock My World (is that the one?). Oh and that song.
Thu 18/07/02 at 15:33
Good points made Or†ega.

I've not heard his abum, but even so, 11m sales is still heavyweight in the industry, not many artists can sell 45m albums these days.

I've not heard much about this MJ battle with Sony, but I think I have got the drift. This is just the latest in a line of high-profile stars becoming disgruntled with the Suits in the Leather Chairs in record company board roooms.

Think back to Prince who changed his name to make the point that all the songs he had written were "owned" by his record company, and he had no legal right to the original masters.

Then came George Michael, I can't remember the precise reason he splitt with Sony, but he wasn't happy with the lack of artistic freedom or something, then he came out with "Older" which whooped @ss.

Now it's Michael Jackson... Though I don't think he has a leg to stand on regarding the racism claims, he probably does have a point regarding lack of publicity, I have heard hardly anything about it.

It might sound funny, but I think artists get a raw deal. They get loaned money to make an album, which they have to, in effect, pay back through sales.
Wed 17/07/02 at 23:34
Regular
If he's fighting for what he thinks is right/wrong then let him get on with it...

Techinally he is still a black person, the whiteness was becasue of a rare skin condition or somthin wasnt it?

Although I must admit the man is chatting crap about Sony not promoting his album enough.

Its perfectly understanable why Sony didnt spend crap loads of money to promote his latest album. Just look back to his HIStory album. The promotion for that album included giant floating Michael jackson statues on eight europeon rivers and heavy investment in publicising singles taken from the album. Which included a $7M contribution towards the cost of making a video to promote 'scream' the first single. Sony also subsidised sales of a cassette version of the 2nd single 'you are not alone'. It was sold in the US for 49 cents compared to the normal market value of $3.49. The single sold about 2.4M copies but the large discounts meant sony were unlikely to make a profit. Sony were content to suffer losses on the singles provided the album sold well...but the 11 Million sales of HIStory b 1996 were well below sony's expectations...

Putting that into context, Thriller sold 45M, Bad 22M and Dangerous 23M

Would you pump loads of money into promoting the guys album after how crap his last album did for them.
Wed 17/07/02 at 20:14
Regular
"Tagline?"
Its bugs the hell out of me that Michael Jackson is campaigning against racism in the music industry because he thinks he is being racialy discriminated by white people when really his new album is just crap and not alot of people like him anymore. Oh and another thing, he aint black! He lost the right to do things like that when he changed his colour and now hes just an old annoying crazy women like plastic doll who is in a bad mood because no one likes his album.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.