GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RECCOMEND STUFF HERE"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/07/02 at 18:46
Regular
I have recently worked out that Ican afford 5 new GC games if I preorder 2 that will come out in September. An internet company I've been using for what seems like years is having a half price day on the 23rd for the cube.
I am going to preorder Die Hard and the new Turok. I can only afford 3 games that are already out so I might get SSBM and ISS2 and maybe Red Card Soccer but I'm not sure.

What should I buy?
Wed 24/07/02 at 08:45
Regular
"'Excellent....'"
I would strongly recommend super smash bros melee, its a great game and it will take you abit to complete.

It has loads of characters:

Dr.mario
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Captain Falcon
Ganondouf
Falco
Fox
Kirby
Ness
Pikachu
Pichu
Zelda/Sheik
Link
Young Link
Jigglypuff
Samus
Mewtwo
Marth
Roy
Mr Game & Watch
Ice climers

Also it has loads of stages and it has three one player modes(you have to unlock one)

Go out and buy it now you'll love it!!
Fri 19/07/02 at 21:05
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
Nice one Cookie, you tag line says it all :) I'd kick ya butt at Monkey billards though :P
The next game that I'm getting is Lost Kingdoms, it looks so cool! I have to admitt SMB was the one game that was constantly in my little black 'Cube when I first got it. Have they got a U.K release date for SMB2 yet?
Fri 19/07/02 at 21:00
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
**Kerrang!** wrote:
> cookie monster wrote:
> DO NOT GET SSBM!!! It is unbelieveably boring. Get monkey ball
> instead, it will last loads longer and is more fun.
>
> You stand up for SMB in any situation :), he is borrowing SSBM off me
> :) I think he should get SSX tricky. But SMB does house a lot of fun,
> Gon Gon kicks monkey butt!

Yep :) SMB is the only game that is essential on the cube right now. i played it again today, and was pleasantly surprised when i managed to land 5 bananas and a 500 point bouy on the first round. Still not anywhere near the 15,000-ish record though.
Fri 19/07/02 at 20:57
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
cookie monster wrote:
> DO NOT GET SSBM!!! It is unbelieveably boring. Get monkey ball
> instead, it will last loads longer and is more fun.

You stand up for SMB in any situation :), he is borrowing SSBM off me :) I think he should get SSX tricky. But SMB does house a lot of fun, Gon Gon kicks monkey butt!
Fri 19/07/02 at 20:24
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
DO NOT GET SSBM!!! It is unbelieveably boring. Get monkey ball instead, it will last loads longer and is more fun.
Fri 19/07/02 at 19:49
Regular
"$hit happens"
how do you know what games are on sale?

are they all on sale and i would definitley get SSBM i am borrowing it and it is really good and has so much to do!
Fri 19/07/02 at 18:17
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
Yes there's a half price day on the 23rd for gamecube games {£19.99} but sadly not all of them, i think you find it's the games what aren't that popular, but i hope i'm wrong. There's also GBA games from £4.99 and GBC games as well!!!! I'm staying up midnight on monday to see which games they are, if it's a good game, you can't go wrong really, ps2 game's sold out by 6:00pm last week for Ps2 day. By the way on the 30th July there's allsorts day. :)
Thu 18/07/02 at 19:57
I am going to but I don't know what else. I might get sonic battle (or whatever it's called) aswell.
Thu 18/07/02 at 11:26
Regular
"Long time no see!"
You should DEFINITLEY get Super Smash Bros. Melée!!
That is THE game to get on the GameCube right now!

I'd also pre-order Mario Sunshine on that day, or you could get Super Monkey Ball - another fine game from SEGA's Amusement Vision.

I might have to check it out on the 23rd too.... :)
Wed 17/07/02 at 19:09
Try a website called gameplay.co.uk the 23rd of July is the Nintendo day, it wont say on the website until that day so not many people know about it. you can request a catalogue on the site.

Someone reccomend something!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.