GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SR new rules - LONG BUT GOOD (i think)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/07/02 at 17:55
Regular
The following is the Code of Conduct for the Specail Reserve Forums. The rules in this Code of Conduct should be adhered to at all times. If members feel that they will be unable to abide by these rules they should not post to or be active on these forums.

These forums are yours to use, but not yours to abuse. We’re not here to stop you guys having fun, but we do feel it’s our responsibility to protect members of the GD community from exposure to unnecessary materials or behaviour.

Rules within the Code relating to forum members are arranged according to severity, with Grade A being the most severe and Grade C the least. Any breach of the Grade A or B, and recurring infringement of Grade C rules will result in your forum account being locked and all posting privileges instantly revoked.

There is no warning system for forum members who break any of these rules - no second chances and no “3 strikes and you’re out” policy. If you break the rules you will experience the consequences.

If a forum member believes that a Moderator has taken inappropriate action with regards to enforcing these rules or misused their authority, they may contact Special Reserve for a final and objective adjudication on the matter.

If you have new forum requests, suggestions and so forth for the forums, please feel free to post them.

Remember: Treat those that are new as your brethren, those that you speak to with respect and realise that we can’t all get along all of the time.

RULES

Grade A:
Examples of any of the following will result in an instant and permanent ban from the Special Reserve forums.

Personally and verbally attacking any other forum member or Special Reserve member of staff in a deliberately vicious manner. This primarily, although not exclusively, refers to insults concerning ethnicity, sex, faith, disability and so forth. Abuse or harassment of another forum member will not be tolerated to any degree.

Posting or linking to images, attachments and other material that is profane, vulgar or explicit in any form and may cause offence to other forum members. Once again, this primarily, although not exclusively, refers to provocative or abusive material concerning ethnicity, sex, faith, disability and so forth.

Posting information about game exploits and/or hacks that would affect users of the Special Reserve. Harassing or repeatedly bothering a forum user in connection with a moderation decision made on the forums such as the banning of a member, or an edit of a thread or post.

Grade B:
Examples of any of the following may result in a ban at the discretion of the forum Moderators and Administrators. At the very least, the thread or post will be modified to remove the offending material.

Promotional posting. A Moderator will remove posts or threads that are created for the sole purpose of promoting another site. If you want to advertise a site, a link in your signature is acceptable.

Creating a continuation thread to follow on from a thread that has been locked or deleted by a forum Moderator or Administrator.

Posting content that is intended to provoke users into an argument (Flaming). This includes responding to such posts (i.e. taking the bait) and retaliatory posts.

Conversation posting. If forum members wish to chat or have a ‘conversation’ with another forum member they should use the Private Message facility and not the forums.

These forums operator swear filters and censors. The use of any swear words that are considered unacceptable by the forum Moderators will automatically be blanked out with a series of *’s. Attempt to avoid these censors will be considered a breach of the rules.

Ignoring the requests or warnings of a Moderator to end any behaviour or unsociable conduct on the forums that is not outlined in this Code and that may aggravate or insult other forum users.

Grade C:
Examples of any of the following will most likely cause the forum Moderators or Administrators to make amendments to the thread or post. This may include deleting the thread or post without warning in some circumstances. Repeatedly ignoring these rules may result in a ban at the discretion of the Moderators.

Creating multiple copies of identical forum threads or posts (“Cross Posting”).

Constant use of capital letters in posts. (“Shouting”).

Initiation of threads or posts that contribute nothing to a forum, whether off or on topic (“Spamming”). This includes empty posts, posts with little, trivial or off-topic content, posts containing only an emoticon or “smiley”, and continual posting with the sole intention of raising post count. At the very least, the Moderator will reduce your post count to 0 if he or she suspects that posts are being made for no reason other than to reach a high post count. The determination of which threads or posts have breached this rule will be made by the forum Moderators and is not up for discussion.

Use of a grossly oversized signature. What is and isn’t considered acceptable is up to the forum Administrators and Moderators.

Posting in the wrong forums. Forum members should consider what forum is most relevant for the topic they wish to discuss. A Moderator may move inappropriately placed posts or threads without warning. The General Chat forum is available for any topics that do not concern gaming or that are not covered by another forum.

Vague or inappropriate thread and post titles. Try to keep the title of your thread or post relevant to the topic you want to discuss. “Help!” or “Stuff” are examples of a poorly chosen and ambiguous thread titles that will most likely result in the threads being edited by a Moderator.

Inappropriate or offensive custom titles. (For example trying to claim that you are a Moderator or using vulgar language).
Sun 21/07/02 at 12:08
Regular
DOMAYE wrote:
> But, what the hec? Why did he post some copied rules any way what is
> the point?
> Anyway some people are being quite sad looking at some rules
> anyway...
> Oh yeah I'm on here......I'm only on here because of rule number 8

So you like looking At naked boys, O.K, now lets leave you alone
Thu 18/07/02 at 19:53
Regular
"-_-"
But, what the hec? Why did he post some copied rules any way what is the point?
Anyway some people are being quite sad looking at some rules anyway...
Oh yeah I'm on here......I'm only on here because of rule number 8
Thu 18/07/02 at 19:02
Regular
Lord H wrote:
> Well, here we go.....
>
> Having looked at the Reviews I am more than slightly annoyed.
>
> Some of you on here may have noticed that I tend to stick up for
> newbies and people who get a lot of stick from other forum users. J
> Savo is someone I have been talking to and getting along with very
> well over the past couple of months on MSN.
>
> Now he has copied three reviews......
>
> I was happy to defend him when he posted these "rules" even
> though they were copied. I figured that maybe he had forgot to post
> where he got them from. Now I find out he has been foolish enough to
> post copied reviews and I am disappointed and very annoyed.
>
> I know J Savo isn't stupid. I have talked to him about a lot of things
> on MSN and I thought we were friends. So he asks me to stick up for
> him about this post. He didn't mention the fact he had copied 3
> reviews.
>
> How can a regular be so stupid?
>
> John, I am very disappointed. I think you are going to get banned and
> it's your own fault. We'll have a chat on MSN as to why you did it. I
> can't understand why you would do something so idiotic. Is a GAD that
> important to you?

Yes, I've known him for a few weeks and also regarded him as a friend. He actually told me about the copying on MSN, and put pressure on me to defend him, etc. I was unsure about what to do so I posed the deciding question:

'What will you do if you win?'

He answered 'I'll claim in of course! And if they try to ban me, I'll hack them and destroy their site!'. The answer I was looking for was 'I'd give myself up'. That was the decider, so I sent an e-mail to SR, and he rightly got banned.
Thu 18/07/02 at 13:14
davyboy wrote:
> rule 8 : everyone gets nakid ;0)
Davy, you cheeky monkey............... I thought you were a nice boy
Thu 18/07/02 at 12:49
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
And now he has become banned.
Wed 17/07/02 at 22:49
Regular
".......on the attac"
Well, here we go.....

Having looked at the Reviews I am more than slightly annoyed.

Some of you on here may have noticed that I tend to stick up for newbies and people who get a lot of stick from other forum users. J Savo is someone I have been talking to and getting along with very well over the past couple of months on MSN.

Now he has copied three reviews......

I was happy to defend him when he posted these "rules" even though they were copied. I figured that maybe he had forgot to post where he got them from. Now I find out he has been foolish enough to post copied reviews and I am disappointed and very annoyed.

I know J Savo isn't stupid. I have talked to him about a lot of things on MSN and I thought we were friends. So he asks me to stick up for him about this post. He didn't mention the fact he had copied 3 reviews.

How can a regular be so stupid?

John, I am very disappointed. I think you are going to get banned and it's your own fault. We'll have a chat on MSN as to why you did it. I can't understand why you would do something so idiotic. Is a GAD that important to you?
Wed 17/07/02 at 22:30
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
Hey AfroJoe. Get posting today's review. I reckon Germany won.
Wed 17/07/02 at 22:28
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
SolidSnakeXXI wrote:
> KR wrote:
> SR could also get the police involved for threats about damaging
> their
> site.
>
> I don't think it would go quite THAT far.

---

Oh, they've threatened to do it before, but that was AGES ago.
Wed 17/07/02 at 22:13
Regular
Lord H wrote:
> Who cares if he copied it?
>
> The rules are mostly like the ones for SR.
>
> Seems like a bunch of people here need to get a life.
>
> The only problem here seems to be that he didn't say where he got it
> from which was probably an oversight....

Lord H please shut up! I suppose that comment was directed at me eh? I was not on the prowl for cheats, but if i notice that a post looks suspicious its natural for me to check it out. The fact that he copied 3 reviews, abused sr, boosted his word count by spamming is justification for us wanting him to be banned. If he got away with it, what sort of an example would taht set to other users?

Jees thing logically next time kiddo.
Wed 17/07/02 at 21:09
Regular
[clears throat loudly] Round of applause for the detective!

[ball of hay rolls across scene]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.