GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*IMPORTANT INFO* If you own 'The Terminator' or 'Silence of the Lambs' dvds"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/07/02 at 13:04
Regular
I recently read an article on the Ceefax dvd page (p579) that a small number of people had noticed that faults had developed on their Terminator or Silence of the Lambs special edition discs.

I looked at mine and found that I had a problem with them, the trouble is that the discs have stangely developed a kind of misty condensation style look on the underside of them, and may experience playing faults (i.e be very jumpy when playing or not play at all).

So if you own these dvds take a look and try them out.
If they are faulty there is an MGM hotline number to phone; it's a recorded message giving you further details on what to do.

The number is 0800 3898 384
Sun 28/07/02 at 15:57
Regular
"That's right!"
I'll ask when I go to buy it. They'll either tell me, or it will uncover just how poorly trained and inexperienced the HMV staff are. Nice.
Sun 28/07/02 at 15:55
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I'm not really sure how well-known the problem is with these dvds. I only found out about it on the off-chance of reading the dvd Ceefax page, so whether many shops know about it I don't know.

BUT, having said that, the problem was meant to only affect a certain amount/batch of dvds, so who knows???
Sun 28/07/02 at 15:52
Regular
"That's right!"
Does anyone know if they've pulled the faulty ones from shops? I'm waiting for the price to drop in HMV, then I'm gonna buy Terminator (for nostalgia reasons) and I don't want to mess around with it
Sun 28/07/02 at 12:19
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Just checked my Terminator Special Edition DVD and yep, both discs look as though I've breathed on them or they've got condensation on them.

Tried to wipe it off but nothing happens, it's covered the whole disc as well, very weird.

Will call the number on Monday, thanks for the info.
Sun 28/07/02 at 10:31
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
It's not really marks on the dvd, they might be just slight scuff marks.
It's if the bottom of your disk is covered in a sort of cloudy/condensation style look (as if you had breathed on in). If it has this stuff on it then check to see if the film works properly, and if it doesn't then phone that number in the original post and you'll be given the details on what to do.

Apparently the problem was caused by some sort of reaction with the ink they used on the top of the disk, or something like that.
Sat 27/07/02 at 22:07
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Well I checked my disc and there are some odd marks on it.

Are the marks you are talking about on the outside edge of the disc? because the rest of my disc is fine apart from the outer edges.
Wed 24/07/02 at 02:25
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Thanks. Ill have to check out my Terminator dvd.
Tue 23/07/02 at 03:36
Regular
"everyone says it"
Mine did that while I watched as well.. missed a lot of the features and the film.

Thought it was the DVD... thanks.
Mon 22/07/02 at 21:52
Regular
"Woah dude!"
Well blow me!

I've just looked at my Termenator disc and it most certainly has got a misty condensation look to it.

I can't check it tonight,but i certainly will tomorrow and if it does'nt play i'll phone the number you suggested.

Thanks for the info dude.
Thu 18/07/02 at 19:53
I've got it on video: both Terminator 2 and SOTL. Anyway, this does not affect me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.