GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PROJECT GOTHAM RACING REVIEW"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/07/02 at 19:10
Regular
There are many games out for the XBOX that are a must and for me PROJECT GOTHAM RACING is one of them, in fact I'm sure many people will experience this and turn to the XBOX.

Many racing games offer fast, furious fun, along with great graphics and great cars. However nothing compares to PROJECT GOTHAM RACING which boasts graphics, cars, fast, furious fun and many options and the thing that tops the whole game off is the skill factor. How many games offer rewards(kudos) to people who can turn that corner perfectly or handle u-turns with ease? Not many. This option also gives the game a lift another way of winning HELMETS, CAR COLOURS and CARS.

The game builds you up from the easier levels and not so fast cars to the hard turning and sporty corvettes amongst others. And I myself am not a great racer but I enjoy this car game more than any other and I never get sick of it. The most addictive thing about the game is the winning and you just can't stop trying even when you lose.

The cars on this game are extremely different, from the sporty AUDI TT's to the exciting Tuscans. Each car has its own stats each car is unique. A technique to the game is to pick the right car for the right course, which is easier said than done.There are many different options from the arcade mode to the special KUDOS tasks which is the part where you need that little extra skill.The game is very addictive due to the kudos and I can see myself playing this game in many months to come.

Another stunning theme to the game is the graphics they are extremely smooth and realistic.When you fly around the course at high speed looking for that dirt getting sprayed of the course and the sun gleaming onto the bonnet as well as the rain bouncing off the ground to make it that extra bit more difficult, however the best bit is the driver as he moves smoothly and realisticly to change gears and slam that handbrake on.

The multiplayer option is definately a bonus to the game as it gives you and your other mates a chance to see whos the fastest and has those silky skills on the track. Not only that but you can even change Playstation 2 fans to the XBOX, I've done it.

There is also a wide range of courses from London to America and even those lovely little Holiday resorts, each place has a number of courses and more can be unlocked. This is the first game I have been able to use my own music and to be honest it's great flying through the streets of London listening to those tunes that bring out the best in you. However if you dont want to bother the game has a lot of great songs on it such as the Chemical Brothers, Gorillaz and a great little song soon to be released HELLO ALLISON.

The only thing that gets annoying about the game is the part where you just cant beat the clock or can't finish 1st and after many tries you move onto that next course and hope for the best.

This game was well worth the money if not more and im sure I'll get a few more months of great gameplay in it. However thats not the end of PROJECT GOTHAM RACING as in the near future a PROJECT GOTHAM RACING 2 is to be released which will be able to be played on-line with XBOX-LIVE. Both these games are definately next gen games.
Tue 16/07/02 at 23:18
Regular
"BOSE"
beanz wrote:
> why didn't you just put this review in ukreviews.com?!
Tue 16/07/02 at 19:33
Regular
"accidental superher"
why didn't you just put this review in ukreviews.com?!
Tue 16/07/02 at 19:32
Regular
Very Nice review, but i think its better if you would put it in the "reviews" section of this website. This is a chat forum =)
Tue 16/07/02 at 19:10
There are many games out for the XBOX that are a must and for me PROJECT GOTHAM RACING is one of them, in fact I'm sure many people will experience this and turn to the XBOX.

Many racing games offer fast, furious fun, along with great graphics and great cars. However nothing compares to PROJECT GOTHAM RACING which boasts graphics, cars, fast, furious fun and many options and the thing that tops the whole game off is the skill factor. How many games offer rewards(kudos) to people who can turn that corner perfectly or handle u-turns with ease? Not many. This option also gives the game a lift another way of winning HELMETS, CAR COLOURS and CARS.

The game builds you up from the easier levels and not so fast cars to the hard turning and sporty corvettes amongst others. And I myself am not a great racer but I enjoy this car game more than any other and I never get sick of it. The most addictive thing about the game is the winning and you just can't stop trying even when you lose.

The cars on this game are extremely different, from the sporty AUDI TT's to the exciting Tuscans. Each car has its own stats each car is unique. A technique to the game is to pick the right car for the right course, which is easier said than done.There are many different options from the arcade mode to the special KUDOS tasks which is the part where you need that little extra skill.The game is very addictive due to the kudos and I can see myself playing this game in many months to come.

Another stunning theme to the game is the graphics they are extremely smooth and realistic.When you fly around the course at high speed looking for that dirt getting sprayed of the course and the sun gleaming onto the bonnet as well as the rain bouncing off the ground to make it that extra bit more difficult, however the best bit is the driver as he moves smoothly and realisticly to change gears and slam that handbrake on.

The multiplayer option is definately a bonus to the game as it gives you and your other mates a chance to see whos the fastest and has those silky skills on the track. Not only that but you can even change Playstation 2 fans to the XBOX, I've done it.

There is also a wide range of courses from London to America and even those lovely little Holiday resorts, each place has a number of courses and more can be unlocked. This is the first game I have been able to use my own music and to be honest it's great flying through the streets of London listening to those tunes that bring out the best in you. However if you dont want to bother the game has a lot of great songs on it such as the Chemical Brothers, Gorillaz and a great little song soon to be released HELLO ALLISON.

The only thing that gets annoying about the game is the part where you just cant beat the clock or can't finish 1st and after many tries you move onto that next course and hope for the best.

This game was well worth the money if not more and im sure I'll get a few more months of great gameplay in it. However thats not the end of PROJECT GOTHAM RACING as in the near future a PROJECT GOTHAM RACING 2 is to be released which will be able to be played on-line with XBOX-LIVE. Both these games are definately next gen games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.