GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New-Line Cinema's: The Hobbit."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/07/02 at 18:30
Regular
The movie release of the Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers is now in sight, with a December the 18th release worldwide.
And now, with not too long to go- August the 6th will herald the awaited release of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, on DVD.

What is to be contained on the disc upon that release is not a mystery to many, various lists containing what to expect have already been released, with Documentaries being shown which where only available to an American audience. It all looks promising and will fill the gap for the eventual release of the sequel, the Two Towers and the other awaited DVD- the Directors cut, incorporating a further 40 mins of important Deleted scenes.

To me, the Lord of the Rings, was great. Fantastic in fact, a very film to beat-if not to strongly rival Starwars itself. Because of this and even after seeing clips of the Two Towers, I am convinced that a release of the Hobbit, the prequel to the Saga in Cinemas, is very possible.
Not only would it be ideal to you and I, but extremely profitable to New Line cinema not to do something about it!!.

Think about it for a moment, a wonderful story in the style of the Lord of the Rings...featuring Elves, Hobbits and Dwarves-Dragons too, and you have a wonderful film that would fit nicely amongst a future DVD Lord of the Rings collection.

The book has all the same ingredients that the Lord of the Rings had to make a successful film.
Its locations, characters and general make up and feel is all too familiar to the Lord of the Rings itself, as many who have read it would tell you. Gandalf appears, Sir Ian McKellen could reprise his role that he did so well in the Fellowship of the Ring Film, Ian Holm could also reprise his role as Bilbo- making him younger looking wouldn't be a hard task either in todays film making would it?.
Also what makes the creation of the film more viable, was the brief- and I have to say wonderful clip during the opening scenes of the Lord of the Rings, showing Gollum and the finding of the one ring by Bilbo.
Yes, it was a scene from the Hobbit and after seeing it would have many more people wanting the creation of the film brought a little closer to fruition. It was fantastic!

Though seeing as nothing is set in concrete as of yet, perhaps waiting after the release of the Return of the King, the Third part in the Lord of the Rings saga at cinemas, we could perhaps hear of any announcement regarding bringing the Hobbit to the big screen. Peter Jackson it seems is a little tired at the moment and would like to wrap Middle Earth up once and for all, but I say give the man time enough time to ponder and realise what a wonderful proposition he actually has in his grasp.
The Hobbit film would be a success if it came to light, It's a prospect that would send shivers down your spine in anticipation, surely we can remain hopeful for Peter Jackson and Co to see that we want such a film.... do you?
Tue 16/07/02 at 23:20
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I think a hobbit film would be excellent, i really enjoyed the book. It would be fantastic for Peter Jackson to direct the film, but i doubt he would go for it. And perhaps after sampling the delights of The Fellowship the hype would kill it off, although it would make an enjoyable film.
Tue 16/07/02 at 18:30
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
The movie release of the Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers is now in sight, with a December the 18th release worldwide.
And now, with not too long to go- August the 6th will herald the awaited release of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, on DVD.

What is to be contained on the disc upon that release is not a mystery to many, various lists containing what to expect have already been released, with Documentaries being shown which where only available to an American audience. It all looks promising and will fill the gap for the eventual release of the sequel, the Two Towers and the other awaited DVD- the Directors cut, incorporating a further 40 mins of important Deleted scenes.

To me, the Lord of the Rings, was great. Fantastic in fact, a very film to beat-if not to strongly rival Starwars itself. Because of this and even after seeing clips of the Two Towers, I am convinced that a release of the Hobbit, the prequel to the Saga in Cinemas, is very possible.
Not only would it be ideal to you and I, but extremely profitable to New Line cinema not to do something about it!!.

Think about it for a moment, a wonderful story in the style of the Lord of the Rings...featuring Elves, Hobbits and Dwarves-Dragons too, and you have a wonderful film that would fit nicely amongst a future DVD Lord of the Rings collection.

The book has all the same ingredients that the Lord of the Rings had to make a successful film.
Its locations, characters and general make up and feel is all too familiar to the Lord of the Rings itself, as many who have read it would tell you. Gandalf appears, Sir Ian McKellen could reprise his role that he did so well in the Fellowship of the Ring Film, Ian Holm could also reprise his role as Bilbo- making him younger looking wouldn't be a hard task either in todays film making would it?.
Also what makes the creation of the film more viable, was the brief- and I have to say wonderful clip during the opening scenes of the Lord of the Rings, showing Gollum and the finding of the one ring by Bilbo.
Yes, it was a scene from the Hobbit and after seeing it would have many more people wanting the creation of the film brought a little closer to fruition. It was fantastic!

Though seeing as nothing is set in concrete as of yet, perhaps waiting after the release of the Return of the King, the Third part in the Lord of the Rings saga at cinemas, we could perhaps hear of any announcement regarding bringing the Hobbit to the big screen. Peter Jackson it seems is a little tired at the moment and would like to wrap Middle Earth up once and for all, but I say give the man time enough time to ponder and realise what a wonderful proposition he actually has in his grasp.
The Hobbit film would be a success if it came to light, It's a prospect that would send shivers down your spine in anticipation, surely we can remain hopeful for Peter Jackson and Co to see that we want such a film.... do you?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.