GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Human Tongue"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/07/02 at 17:36
Regular
The most complex muscle in the human body is the tongue, it is a piece of masterful bio-engeneering that few will be able to imitate.

The whole of modern society is founded on a form of communication that is easy to use and understand. A form of communication that is evolving every single minute of every single day, the ability to talk.

Toungues can be used for good, if it be Martin Luther King's words or the words of a developer about to articulate his ideas for a game to be called Doom, or the expresion of feeling straight from the heart.

As you read all of the threads in this forum do you ever wonder whatblife would be like if word based text like this was the only form of comunication? How much slower and souless life would be, with the only form of expression being a capital letter or smile :(.

I said earlier that the Human tounge can be used for many great things, unfortunatly it can also be used for terrible things. Hitler's words to bolster his troups, hideous gossip and rumoirs, that spread like a plague through word of mouth.

Some people say that the eyes of a person are the windows to a persons soul, I believe that is true, but I think the window to a persons feelings hopes and dreams and the depravity of human nature. When a person is angry they use their tongue as a weapon, deliberately trying to wind peopleup so they can have the thrill of seeing them crack.
According to the bible God created languages to stop concentrated collection of human arrogance about the tower of Babel, an attempt to build a tower to heaven so mortals could meet God at his own level, an impossible challenge, but without a common language everthing fell apart and they al gave up.
What people say can have a much more powerful effect than intended driving people mad or to taking their own lives because of being bullied and piced on every single day of their lives for something that they can't help.

While playing multiplayer smash brothers or Halo or Smack Down 3 everyone talks, taunts laughs and curses as you get pulvarised. It is this sort of interaction, that would be totally imposible if you were unable to communicate ith anyone. A new take on that thrill of real emotion filed human speech is being created, what Microsoft are doing is not that new, PC owners have been nattering away in each others ears for ages, although this will be the first time a console has atempted it and could change the way we play games forever, the way Doom created the first person genre Xbox could create real time chat for consoles. Then again the man at Nintendo who told his team about wavebird could have just killed of lead controllers forever and the future could be a remote one. I guess whatbI am trying to say is that being able to talk is a gift, a gift that not everyone is lucky to have so use it for good and not hate.

Thankyou for reading.
Please give feedback.
Wed 17/07/02 at 15:46
Regular
"Selected"
El Numty De Buyo wrote:
> Roasten wrote:
> I've never played Res. Got Ya!
>
> What how can you not have played any of the res's they are all genius!
> f00l

Wrong, you obviously never played Resident Evil: Survivor
Wed 17/07/02 at 14:15
Regular
"!..!, (¬_¬) !..!,"
Roasten wrote:
> I've never played Res. Got Ya!

What how can you not have played any of the res's they are all genius! f00l
Wed 17/07/02 at 14:12
"I h8 ron atkinson"
Roasten , may i suggest , that is a very nice topic , BUT! instead of doing this you could have spent valuable time in the "Real World" actually using your toungues "social skills"
Wed 17/07/02 at 14:10
Regular
"do ut des"
I've never played Res. Got Ya!
Wed 17/07/02 at 10:23
Regular
"Selected"
Roasten wrote:
> When a person is angry they use their tongue as a weapon
>
> Your thinking of those things from Resident Ev[dead]
>
> Didn't know they had those in Res, I was thinking metaphorically.

I was just messing about there matey, I knew what you meant. :)
Wed 17/07/02 at 09:50
Regular
"do ut des"
> Bioengineering?? My friend, our tounge wasn't made by some mad
> scientists in a lab fiddling with mice livers, it was 'gods gift'/we
> evolved to attain the fleshy muscle.

Sorry, you are right, toungues are not synthetic, although some people relate to God as a magnificent engenier able to create things well beyond our understanding, i.e the universe.

>
>
Didn't know they had those in Res, I was thinking metaphorically.
Wed 17/07/02 at 09:35
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
Cool post Roasten. It was great but not as great as mine. Only joking. Keep up the good work.
Tue 16/07/02 at 21:28
mikelar10 wrote:

>
>

I believe they are called Lickers.
Tue 16/07/02 at 21:22
Regular
"Selected"
Roasten wrote:
> The most complex muscle in the human body is the tongue, it is a
> piece of masterful bio-engeneering that few will be able to imitate.

Bioengineering?? My friend, our tounge wasn't made by some mad scientists in a lab fiddling with mice livers, it was 'gods gift'/we evolved to attain the fleshy muscle.

Your thinking of those things from Resident Ev[dead]

Not a baaad first post, must try harder! :)
Tue 16/07/02 at 17:36
Regular
"do ut des"
The most complex muscle in the human body is the tongue, it is a piece of masterful bio-engeneering that few will be able to imitate.

The whole of modern society is founded on a form of communication that is easy to use and understand. A form of communication that is evolving every single minute of every single day, the ability to talk.

Toungues can be used for good, if it be Martin Luther King's words or the words of a developer about to articulate his ideas for a game to be called Doom, or the expresion of feeling straight from the heart.

As you read all of the threads in this forum do you ever wonder whatblife would be like if word based text like this was the only form of comunication? How much slower and souless life would be, with the only form of expression being a capital letter or smile :(.

I said earlier that the Human tounge can be used for many great things, unfortunatly it can also be used for terrible things. Hitler's words to bolster his troups, hideous gossip and rumoirs, that spread like a plague through word of mouth.

Some people say that the eyes of a person are the windows to a persons soul, I believe that is true, but I think the window to a persons feelings hopes and dreams and the depravity of human nature. When a person is angry they use their tongue as a weapon, deliberately trying to wind peopleup so they can have the thrill of seeing them crack.
According to the bible God created languages to stop concentrated collection of human arrogance about the tower of Babel, an attempt to build a tower to heaven so mortals could meet God at his own level, an impossible challenge, but without a common language everthing fell apart and they al gave up.
What people say can have a much more powerful effect than intended driving people mad or to taking their own lives because of being bullied and piced on every single day of their lives for something that they can't help.

While playing multiplayer smash brothers or Halo or Smack Down 3 everyone talks, taunts laughs and curses as you get pulvarised. It is this sort of interaction, that would be totally imposible if you were unable to communicate ith anyone. A new take on that thrill of real emotion filed human speech is being created, what Microsoft are doing is not that new, PC owners have been nattering away in each others ears for ages, although this will be the first time a console has atempted it and could change the way we play games forever, the way Doom created the first person genre Xbox could create real time chat for consoles. Then again the man at Nintendo who told his team about wavebird could have just killed of lead controllers forever and the future could be a remote one. I guess whatbI am trying to say is that being able to talk is a gift, a gift that not everyone is lucky to have so use it for good and not hate.

Thankyou for reading.
Please give feedback.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.