GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Pikmin's Diary"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/07/02 at 13:25
Regular
Sitting here alone at home got me thinking. What would it be like if I were a Pikmin? I mean Captain Olimar has writen what he thinks in the short texts on the map. What would it be like being a Pikmin? Here is a diary of the thirty days staying with Captain Olimar. This would be what a Pikmin would write if they had the ability to write. I'll be a blue Pikmin because I don't like drowning. But wait. What if I get set on fire? Can I be both red and blue? No. Oh well, it was worth a shot. I'll be red. So here's the diary. Hope you enjoy.

Day 1
Met this wierd fat podgy little thing today. Oh wait that was a rock. Anyway after that this I met this wierd fat thing. It pulled me out of the ground by my leaf. He looked at me and I looked at it, and then he ordered me to grab some pellets. I did so and more of us grew. After twenty or so I sat down and let the others do the work. I was tired and bored. Moments later they came back witha metallic object. The fat thing started dancing about with joy and left the planet. So did we.

Day 2
Saw some lady bugs with chicken legs today. We kicked his butt and turned him into more Pikmin. We also met some yellow Pikmin. We red Pikmin don't like them. We found yet another metallic object and yet again the thing started jumping up and down and then left.

Day 3
I can't help but get the feeling that I'm being watched by someone or something. The fact that I'm looking out a television screen does make me feel a little uncomfortable. Anyway we found another metal thing but sadly 10 of the red Pikmin died after being eaten. The funeral is tomorrow.

Day 4
Today was the funeral. It was nice, mainly because of the free food. Just as the we were burying rocks pretending to be the bodies, 3 chicken legged lady bugs attacked eating 29 red Pikmin and heavily damaging Captain Olimar. Funny that no yellow Pikmin ever get eaten. I'm growing very suspicious.

Day 5
Nothing much. Just found a forth ship part.

Day 6
Have grown a flower and am very happy. We also found a blue Pikmin. We couldn't have any more types of Pikmin moving in on our territory, so we killed it. Blue Pikmin are no more!

Day 7
Got pretty annoyed when the thing decided to throw half of us into an area filled with tiny bugs that kill us. 40 more of us died. How much longer can we last. All I know is that those Pikmin are up to something with the thing.

Day 8
After throwing two red Pikmin into the lake all 89 of us killed the thing. We then decided to put his body in the onion. But then the onion exploded. We now have no food, no home, no water and... oh yeah I found some money. It's now a fight for survival. With the yellow pikmin about to attack at any moment and the monsters trying to eat us I thinkour time has come... to fight back!

Day 9
The last 89 of us move towards the yellow onion and attack the legs. It collapsed and 209 pikmin came running out in anger holding bombs. We ran and ran till night time. We hid inside a cave. There is heavy breathing sounds coming from inside but nothing too suspicious. During the night we hear a huge explosion coming from the yellow onion.

Day 10
Woke up next morning and 20 Pikmin are gone. We travel back to the yellow onion and find all but one dead. Talk abut dumb luck. They must have exploded themselves. We kill the last Pikmin and celebrate. Until a beetle crushes 49 of our kind. We hide underground by burying ourselves. One offers to sacrifice himself by urying us and not himself. We agree well because we don't want to die.

Day 11
Down to 19 and all looks hopeless until we discover the space ship again. It has bits missing. We decide to find them and work well as a team. We find 3 pieces until we reach one that requires more of us. Oh ****, ******* *****. We're going to die.

Day 12
Had no sleep and just found out that 5 more of us are gone. Our only option now is to fly the ship. We must hurry though because the monsters are multiplying again. We find 2 more ship parts before sunset.

Day 13
My unlucky number. We take off and I am now writing live. We are doing well and are about to leave this place for once. But I feel like I'm forgeting something. I look around the craft and notice that no one else is on here. Oh well. I just hope I remembered the fuel. Wait a minute. What's that red light above the tank with a hose picture, flashing before my very eyes. Anyway I should be somewhere in no.........

Day 14

I hope you enjoyed this and remember next time you play Pikmin take care of them. Thanks for reading.
Tue 16/07/02 at 13:25
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
Sitting here alone at home got me thinking. What would it be like if I were a Pikmin? I mean Captain Olimar has writen what he thinks in the short texts on the map. What would it be like being a Pikmin? Here is a diary of the thirty days staying with Captain Olimar. This would be what a Pikmin would write if they had the ability to write. I'll be a blue Pikmin because I don't like drowning. But wait. What if I get set on fire? Can I be both red and blue? No. Oh well, it was worth a shot. I'll be red. So here's the diary. Hope you enjoy.

Day 1
Met this wierd fat podgy little thing today. Oh wait that was a rock. Anyway after that this I met this wierd fat thing. It pulled me out of the ground by my leaf. He looked at me and I looked at it, and then he ordered me to grab some pellets. I did so and more of us grew. After twenty or so I sat down and let the others do the work. I was tired and bored. Moments later they came back witha metallic object. The fat thing started dancing about with joy and left the planet. So did we.

Day 2
Saw some lady bugs with chicken legs today. We kicked his butt and turned him into more Pikmin. We also met some yellow Pikmin. We red Pikmin don't like them. We found yet another metallic object and yet again the thing started jumping up and down and then left.

Day 3
I can't help but get the feeling that I'm being watched by someone or something. The fact that I'm looking out a television screen does make me feel a little uncomfortable. Anyway we found another metal thing but sadly 10 of the red Pikmin died after being eaten. The funeral is tomorrow.

Day 4
Today was the funeral. It was nice, mainly because of the free food. Just as the we were burying rocks pretending to be the bodies, 3 chicken legged lady bugs attacked eating 29 red Pikmin and heavily damaging Captain Olimar. Funny that no yellow Pikmin ever get eaten. I'm growing very suspicious.

Day 5
Nothing much. Just found a forth ship part.

Day 6
Have grown a flower and am very happy. We also found a blue Pikmin. We couldn't have any more types of Pikmin moving in on our territory, so we killed it. Blue Pikmin are no more!

Day 7
Got pretty annoyed when the thing decided to throw half of us into an area filled with tiny bugs that kill us. 40 more of us died. How much longer can we last. All I know is that those Pikmin are up to something with the thing.

Day 8
After throwing two red Pikmin into the lake all 89 of us killed the thing. We then decided to put his body in the onion. But then the onion exploded. We now have no food, no home, no water and... oh yeah I found some money. It's now a fight for survival. With the yellow pikmin about to attack at any moment and the monsters trying to eat us I thinkour time has come... to fight back!

Day 9
The last 89 of us move towards the yellow onion and attack the legs. It collapsed and 209 pikmin came running out in anger holding bombs. We ran and ran till night time. We hid inside a cave. There is heavy breathing sounds coming from inside but nothing too suspicious. During the night we hear a huge explosion coming from the yellow onion.

Day 10
Woke up next morning and 20 Pikmin are gone. We travel back to the yellow onion and find all but one dead. Talk abut dumb luck. They must have exploded themselves. We kill the last Pikmin and celebrate. Until a beetle crushes 49 of our kind. We hide underground by burying ourselves. One offers to sacrifice himself by urying us and not himself. We agree well because we don't want to die.

Day 11
Down to 19 and all looks hopeless until we discover the space ship again. It has bits missing. We decide to find them and work well as a team. We find 3 pieces until we reach one that requires more of us. Oh ****, ******* *****. We're going to die.

Day 12
Had no sleep and just found out that 5 more of us are gone. Our only option now is to fly the ship. We must hurry though because the monsters are multiplying again. We find 2 more ship parts before sunset.

Day 13
My unlucky number. We take off and I am now writing live. We are doing well and are about to leave this place for once. But I feel like I'm forgeting something. I look around the craft and notice that no one else is on here. Oh well. I just hope I remembered the fuel. Wait a minute. What's that red light above the tank with a hose picture, flashing before my very eyes. Anyway I should be somewhere in no.........

Day 14

I hope you enjoyed this and remember next time you play Pikmin take care of them. Thanks for reading.
Tue 16/07/02 at 14:01
Regular
"I Control All Pikmi"
Great post man. That was funny. It didn't go on like other posts. Good job.
Tue 16/07/02 at 14:25
Great post mate! Very amusing, You kept it short and sweet, the bit about the rivalry between red and yellow Pikmin was excellent! (:)
Tue 16/07/02 at 14:42
Regular
There are millions of different type pikmin.
Tue 16/07/02 at 15:06
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
What do you mean?
Tue 16/07/02 at 15:10
Regular
Have you completed the game?
Tue 16/07/02 at 15:14
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
Nearly
Tue 16/07/02 at 15:16
Hey, have you got msn, Killer? (:)
Tue 16/07/02 at 15:20
Regular
Ghost Killer wrote:
> Nearly

Then I won't spoil it for you :)
Tue 16/07/02 at 15:43
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
Cheers Dringo and yes I do have MSN.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.