GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Damn those Italian Cd-Rs!"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/07/02 at 19:26
Regular
Well, several months ago, I was in Italy, and when browsing through what seemed to be the ONLY electronics shop in all of Milan, I noticed some Cd-Rs at a rather low price, for about 20. With slight hesitation as to if they would work in England, I bought them, and when I arrived back in England, I used a couple.

Now, a few days ago I was looking around this room (my Dad's office, in fact) with boredom, SR server's slowing things down. Suddenly, I noticed, to my shock, the long forgotten pile of those Cd-Rs, with a problem - THERE WERE ONLY TWO CDS LEFT!!!!!

My dastardly sister had used up all of them, with one of two cds with a label on it, saying "Do Not Touch!". Do not touch? How wude.

I had to act fast, so without thinking, I grabbed the remaining cd, put it into the computer, and decided it was time to get several new songs I had accumulated over the months that where on my playlist onto disc. Perhaps I would listen to them on disc, even.

30 minutes passed, and the deed was done. Nothing went wrong. Almost nothing.

(Dun Dun DUN!!!)

This morning I awoke and despite my tired eyes, I saw this lovely cd (I had in fact titled it MIXTURE II, in favour of the fact that a previous cd of my playlist-ed songs had been called MIXTURE. Highly Original, isn't it?), and decided to play it. But as it opened, shock horror! I hadn’t written the song names down! I rushed and grabbed the nearest pen, and wrote the first song down. Here is what I wrote:

Counting Grows – Omaha

Counting Grows! No! How embarrassing! How could I let this happen to me? And, to make it even worse, I had been using an ink eradicator pen, a pen which had ink that cannot be eradicated!!! A mere curve of the "G" had to do, so it seemed that track 1 would be by Counting Cgrows. Irish, you may think.

The next song began, and was immediately recognizable, Alanis Morissette with Hands Clean. I ignored the 1-off crows mishap and wrote down the next track. Nothing went wrong. Except for the fact that I had written the wrong song name down. Which was bad. It then became terrible by the fact that I had written it in the same pen.

Gaahhhh!

I was angry now. For angry I was. I immediately skipped on to the next tune, and on came a boppin’ rhythm. Pink. I danced around in my boxers, and went to my sock drawer, flipping out a pair over my head onto my hands clasped together on my back. I missed. But I wasn’t angry. For I was boppin’. With my feet covered, I went to write down the track name. This is what I wrote:

Pink – Don’t Let Me Get Me.

Nothing wrong with that. I continued to bop, and then it hit me (no, not the can of tuna....)....

Pink?

Don’t Let Me Get Me?

PINK???????

GAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Oh, the embarrassment, my sister had messed up my playlist again!

But still....

BOPPIN’?????

Oh screw. Gloria Estefan was right. The Rhythm IS going to get you!

I had stopped the disc in my anger and even fell over whilst putting on my trousers, which I probably fell over in, when the final blow arrived:

"Darling, breakfast’s ready."

H'oh, the embarrassment.

My barber shall not be pleased.
Mon 15/07/02 at 19:26
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Well, several months ago, I was in Italy, and when browsing through what seemed to be the ONLY electronics shop in all of Milan, I noticed some Cd-Rs at a rather low price, for about 20. With slight hesitation as to if they would work in England, I bought them, and when I arrived back in England, I used a couple.

Now, a few days ago I was looking around this room (my Dad's office, in fact) with boredom, SR server's slowing things down. Suddenly, I noticed, to my shock, the long forgotten pile of those Cd-Rs, with a problem - THERE WERE ONLY TWO CDS LEFT!!!!!

My dastardly sister had used up all of them, with one of two cds with a label on it, saying "Do Not Touch!". Do not touch? How wude.

I had to act fast, so without thinking, I grabbed the remaining cd, put it into the computer, and decided it was time to get several new songs I had accumulated over the months that where on my playlist onto disc. Perhaps I would listen to them on disc, even.

30 minutes passed, and the deed was done. Nothing went wrong. Almost nothing.

(Dun Dun DUN!!!)

This morning I awoke and despite my tired eyes, I saw this lovely cd (I had in fact titled it MIXTURE II, in favour of the fact that a previous cd of my playlist-ed songs had been called MIXTURE. Highly Original, isn't it?), and decided to play it. But as it opened, shock horror! I hadn’t written the song names down! I rushed and grabbed the nearest pen, and wrote the first song down. Here is what I wrote:

Counting Grows – Omaha

Counting Grows! No! How embarrassing! How could I let this happen to me? And, to make it even worse, I had been using an ink eradicator pen, a pen which had ink that cannot be eradicated!!! A mere curve of the "G" had to do, so it seemed that track 1 would be by Counting Cgrows. Irish, you may think.

The next song began, and was immediately recognizable, Alanis Morissette with Hands Clean. I ignored the 1-off crows mishap and wrote down the next track. Nothing went wrong. Except for the fact that I had written the wrong song name down. Which was bad. It then became terrible by the fact that I had written it in the same pen.

Gaahhhh!

I was angry now. For angry I was. I immediately skipped on to the next tune, and on came a boppin’ rhythm. Pink. I danced around in my boxers, and went to my sock drawer, flipping out a pair over my head onto my hands clasped together on my back. I missed. But I wasn’t angry. For I was boppin’. With my feet covered, I went to write down the track name. This is what I wrote:

Pink – Don’t Let Me Get Me.

Nothing wrong with that. I continued to bop, and then it hit me (no, not the can of tuna....)....

Pink?

Don’t Let Me Get Me?

PINK???????

GAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Oh, the embarrassment, my sister had messed up my playlist again!

But still....

BOPPIN’?????

Oh screw. Gloria Estefan was right. The Rhythm IS going to get you!

I had stopped the disc in my anger and even fell over whilst putting on my trousers, which I probably fell over in, when the final blow arrived:

"Darling, breakfast’s ready."

H'oh, the embarrassment.

My barber shall not be pleased.
Thu 18/07/02 at 23:54
Regular
Yes, yes that's a good point.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.