GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"very naughty film you're likely to see..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/07/02 at 16:20
Regular
What is it with some people? Are they so thick that they think from their backsides?

That New York-an GMTV presenter (Jackie Brambles - I could be wrong) went as far as saying that 'The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers' should not have been called that because of the Twin Towers disaster.

Does she even realise the book/film isn't about 'twin towers' but two seperate towers? Does she even realise the book was wrote and named a long time before the World Trade Center buildings were even thought of?

Shows how much research she does!

Somebody on Petitions online also protested against the name of the second part of the LoTR trilogy by starting his own petition. That petition has since been removed.

Excuse me if I seem insenitive about September 11th in this topic. It's just that The Two Towers is completely unrelated to the disaster and it's pathetic that people have tried to get the film renamed. I'm sure Tolkien did it purposely you know, writing a book featuring two towers, as he obviously new that fifty years later, two tall buildings that had not yet been built in Tolkien's time would be attacked.
Tue 16/07/02 at 16:28
Regular
"how long have i got"
My form teacher said after the twin towers that if steven spielberg done that in one of his movies it would get at l;east 5 oscars for it
Tue 16/07/02 at 16:08
Regular
The fact is, September 11th should never be forgotten. When it's forgotten, the guard is down and another 'September 11th' could happen.

The fact that Jackie Brambles, and all the other idiots have got problems with films that have some slight reference to the event, just shows how pathetic some people can be.
Tue 16/07/02 at 14:57
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I'd understand why these people say the things they do if the film had anything to do with the world trade centres and what heppened to them. The only thing that connects them is the word 'towers' and the fact that there are two very big buildings, which aren't even next to each other in the film.

What I can't understand is why people moan about about a films title which was thought up years before sept 11th, while they are happy enough to let films which show buildings and people being blown up, go by.
Tue 16/07/02 at 14:47
Regular
Stryke wrote:
> Pixies rule.
Thats all you have to say?!
I was expecting some huge rant!
Tue 16/07/02 at 14:22
Regular
"Remember me?"
This "ban anything and everything that makes even a remote 'reference' to the Twin Towers" thing is getting annoyingly (excuse the poor grammar) out of hand.

We can't ban movies, games and whatever just because they make a (mostly minute) reference to the September 11th bombing. People have to learn to get on with things. I mean, it's obviously going to be hard for people who were involved in some way to forget what happened, but it's up to the general public if they purchase something or not.

And what about Advance Wars on the GBA? While Nintendo held back the release of the game in the UK because people felt it insensitive, the game was freely available to buy in the United States? Surely if it was THAT insensitive, then the USA would have been the first to pipe up with, "Hey, dudes! That's mahhhghty insensitive of y'all!"

If a person feels that a something is insensitive regarding September 11th, then no one is forcing them at gunpoint to buy it.

Banning things because if these 'references' is frankly stupid.
Tue 16/07/02 at 00:44
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Lord H wrote:
> cookie monster wrote:
> OMG if you could just FEEL the rage i got when i read that, you
> would
> have combusted on the spot.
>
> Your mummy's calling you cookie. Time for bed.
>
> Grow up you pedant.

LOL but it is not me who is a philistine.
Tue 16/07/02 at 00:17
Regular
".......on the attac"
cookie monster wrote:
> OMG if you could just FEEL the rage i got when i read that, you would
> have combusted on the spot.

Your mummy's calling you cookie. Time for bed.

Grow up you pedant.
Tue 16/07/02 at 00:13
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Lord H wrote:
> A film about the Twin Towers would be much more interesting than the
> LOTR rubbish.

OMG if you could just FEEL the rage i got when i read that, you would have combusted on the spot.
Mon 15/07/02 at 23:22
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
SMÉAGOL wrote:

> The Petitioner at petition online, even had the cheek in saying
> "that the name should be changed as the film is only called that
> in refrence to 9/11"
> Geez some people!!!

Some people indeed! Don't you just hate tw@ts like that? A good slap is what they need. With a sledge hammer.
Mon 15/07/02 at 22:38
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Er.. This is truly weird.
Changing the name is out of the question, over some idiot and their ideas.
The Petitioner at petition online, even had the cheek in saying "that the name should be changed as the film is only called that in refrence to 9/11"
Geez some people!!!

and....

Leprechauns rule!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.