GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"World War 1 game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/11/00 at 16:16
Regular
I think a game which rotates around the events in world war 1 would be great.First you must choose which country you want to play as. you can be Britain, France, Germany, or Russia. You start off as a lowly private who must go 'over the top' and run towards the enemy trench.This part of the game would be played in first person perspective (like doom).You would get weapons like a rifle,gas grenades ( these weren't invented but I am using dramatic license) sniper rifles and you could even commandeer a tank. If you do well enough here you could be promoted to an officer. the game would be nearly the same, except you command a whole platoon and all your men look to you for support. Therefore you cannot be cowardly and must always be the first man over the top.
If you last long enough here then you are promoted to a general. This part of the game is played similarly to command and conquer. You must first plan what your men are to do and then if something goes wrong you can change their orders via a 2-way radio (also not invented) and send them to do different things.
If at any time you are suspected of cowardice, you are court-martialled. If you get injured you will have to spend considerable time in hospital, thus missing out on various battles. If you are hospitalized for too long you may even be demoted.

I think this game would absolutley kick cheese.
Thu 24/04/08 at 16:33
Regular
This is a new service / meeting place for Network Managers based in small to medium sized businesses. Feel free to add threads reply to posts of simply say Hi!

I though it was about time that Network Managers started talking to each other, so here is you chance - it's free so sign up and get posting.
Sat 11/11/00 at 17:45
please??
Sat 11/11/00 at 17:44
anyone else think it sounds good?
Fri 10/11/00 at 16:23
Also, if you press select there are loads of options

Commit suicide
Run away
Hide
Go absolutely bonkers and start killing all who stand in your path
Go crazy and try to dig a shelter in No Man's Land with your helmet
Play Dead
etc.
Fri 10/11/00 at 16:16
I think a game which rotates around the events in world war 1 would be great.First you must choose which country you want to play as. you can be Britain, France, Germany, or Russia. You start off as a lowly private who must go 'over the top' and run towards the enemy trench.This part of the game would be played in first person perspective (like doom).You would get weapons like a rifle,gas grenades ( these weren't invented but I am using dramatic license) sniper rifles and you could even commandeer a tank. If you do well enough here you could be promoted to an officer. the game would be nearly the same, except you command a whole platoon and all your men look to you for support. Therefore you cannot be cowardly and must always be the first man over the top.
If you last long enough here then you are promoted to a general. This part of the game is played similarly to command and conquer. You must first plan what your men are to do and then if something goes wrong you can change their orders via a 2-way radio (also not invented) and send them to do different things.
If at any time you are suspected of cowardice, you are court-martialled. If you get injured you will have to spend considerable time in hospital, thus missing out on various battles. If you are hospitalized for too long you may even be demoted.

I think this game would absolutley kick cheese.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.