GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How does Ebay work?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/07/02 at 12:54
Regular
Would someone please tell me exactly how Ebay works? I have just bid for Virtua Tennis on the Dreamcast and there is 2 days left on the Auction. Once the auction has finished what do I do then? Do I pay by Cheque or Credit Card? How is it sent? Do I contact him or does he contact me? Any information would be helpful about bidding and recieving, thanks.
Mon 15/07/02 at 22:34
Regular
"accidental superher"
i've had about 100 transactions (i've been selling as well) and have been conned once....luckily it wasn't too much....that's why when buying STICK WITH PEOPLE WHO HAVE A POSITIVE RATING
Mon 15/07/02 at 22:33
Regular
"accidental superher"
then you've just been conned....
basically check out people's ratings...stick with people who have postives on the whole when you are buying
Mon 15/07/02 at 22:30
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Sending the payment or handing over Credit Card details, and not recieving anything in return on E-Bay puts me off as well.
Mon 15/07/02 at 21:14
Regular
"ProGolfer"
WHat happens if you send the money and get nothing back?
Mon 15/07/02 at 16:17
Regular
"accidental superher"
win the auction...
get sent an email from ebay saying you've won and giving the seller's email address to you
email the bloke saying "hi i've won your auction...where should i send the money to"
he'll prob reply saying "oh thanks...err send £xxxx to this address"
send money
wait for game
leave feedback :D
Mon 15/07/02 at 13:30
Regular
Right cheers, so he will tell me how he wants the payment then? What were you laughing at?
Mon 15/07/02 at 13:02
Regular
"everyone says it"
*rolls on floor laughing*

As the seller s/he should send you an email telling you about payment forms. The actual auction page should say what forms of payment s/he accepts. Then you email back... and say,

'Thanks for the great auction, I will be paying via 'insert payment form' later today and hope to receive the item within the next week'

Thats it.
Mon 15/07/02 at 12:54
Regular
Would someone please tell me exactly how Ebay works? I have just bid for Virtua Tennis on the Dreamcast and there is 2 days left on the Auction. Once the auction has finished what do I do then? Do I pay by Cheque or Credit Card? How is it sent? Do I contact him or does he contact me? Any information would be helpful about bidding and recieving, thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.