GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 ups production to 2million a month while Xbox scales down sales figures Oh dear Oh dear!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/07/02 at 11:02
Regular
It just goes to show that branding is everything in this day and age. When it comes to Sony you have a trusted brand that everyone recognises and respects as one of the leading electronics manufactures in the world, they also make really cool products that are trendy and appeal to all generations. When it comes to Microsoft you have a company that sells buggy software and has already been taken to court for its monopoly of the pc market. This does not sit well and they have some what of a image problem, I mean lets face it when Bill Gates launched the Xbox he said "I have not been this excited about a product since I first launched Windows" who is he trying to kid, I mean he hardly sounded enthusiastic, a bit boring not unlike the Xbox itself.
Mon 15/07/02 at 11:02
Regular
It just goes to show that branding is everything in this day and age. When it comes to Sony you have a trusted brand that everyone recognises and respects as one of the leading electronics manufactures in the world, they also make really cool products that are trendy and appeal to all generations. When it comes to Microsoft you have a company that sells buggy software and has already been taken to court for its monopoly of the pc market. This does not sit well and they have some what of a image problem, I mean lets face it when Bill Gates launched the Xbox he said "I have not been this excited about a product since I first launched Windows" who is he trying to kid, I mean he hardly sounded enthusiastic, a bit boring not unlike the Xbox itself.
Mon 15/07/02 at 14:42
Regular
Looks like XBox is down, but not counted out just yet.
Mon 15/07/02 at 14:54
"High polygon count"
Can you post that again, but in English and giving some idea of what the hell you're saying?

I think I know what you're getting at, but some evidence to back up the claims would be nice - such as URLs to whichever story(ies) you got the info from.
Mon 15/07/02 at 15:13
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Can you post that again, but in English and giving some idea of what
> the hell you're saying?
>
> I think I know what you're getting at, but some evidence to back up
> the claims would be nice - such as URLs to whichever story(ies) you
> got the info from.

What I am on about is product branding. Ask a single Mum or a Older person what a playstation2 is and everyone knows what you are on about. Ask them what a Microsoft Xbox is and they are at a loss, mind you with the new proposals I am not sure what it is either
Mon 15/07/02 at 15:17
Regular
YES. "Most" people looking to buy a machine now, still go for the PS2.
Mon 15/07/02 at 15:25
Regular
Your Honour wrote:
> Wookiee, I found the site where he got the info, here's the link:
>
> www.IAmABiasedTwatWhoMakesUpRandomShit.com

You should know its your homepage.
Mon 15/07/02 at 20:14
Regular
Microsoft scalling down there sales figures is 100% fact...Although they did that a couple of months ago.
Mon 15/07/02 at 20:29
Regular
"everyone says it"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Can you post that again, but in English and giving some idea of what
> the hell you're saying?
>
> I think I know what you're getting at, but some evidence to back up
> the claims would be nice - such as URLs to whichever story(ies) you
> got the info from.

I found it very clear.. he is saying Microsoft is crap.

Best topik evR.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.