GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Need Help - WWF No Mercy on N64"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/07/02 at 21:55
Regular
I have bought the "faulty" version with blood in it. The one where your saved stuff gets deleted. Anyway I weren't bothered cos i knew what version it was so i made sure i bought the memory card. However i created a wrestler and i got to a tag match in the european title mode. I lost my wrestler and all the data. I made sure i created a block for no mercy but it i click on data and it says there isn't one. To check i switched the n64 off, held down start and switched it on. Low and behold there was no mercy data there. Why is this happening and how can i keep my data because it takes a good 20 - 30 minutes to create wrestlers. Any help would be appreciated!
Tue 23/07/02 at 20:18
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Yeah, one of my mates was lucky enough to get a version with blood that doesn't delete an all.
Mon 22/07/02 at 15:31
Regular
"..."
Ooh, looks like I got a flukey one then. Might be worth something in a few years. Hope no-one else has a perfect blood copy :>
Mon 22/07/02 at 11:51
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
†hë_Çøñg_Mðñ wrote:
> Erm...i'm a bit confused. Were all the copies without the big meant to
> have no blood? Cos my copy doesn't delete itself AND has blood?

---

LOL! It's meant to either delete istelf and have blood or not delete itself and not have blood.

:D
Mon 22/07/02 at 09:25
Regular
"..."
Erm...i'm a bit confused. Were all the copies without the big meant to have no blood? Cos my copy doesn't delete itself AND has blood?
Sun 21/07/02 at 22:27
Regular
Damn THQ...

I'd like to slap the tester that this bug went past...

Ruined one of my most anticipated games of all time for me. And when i got the non-faulty version a few months later i just didnt have the same hype for the game. I lost somthin which money cant buy there...
Sun 21/07/02 at 21:58
Regular
You may have made a block on the Memory card but you need to copy your wrestlers onto your memory card, they dont just automatically do it, You need to go to the Data section on No Mercy.
Sun 21/07/02 at 21:51
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Starlight wrote:
> AfroJoe wrote:
> The non-faulty version has never deleted my data.
>
> Same here, I think some people are either fibbing or experienced a one
> in a million fluke problem, it has happened mind, my Mario Tennis
> deleted itself once.
>
> Oh and dude who started the thread, just buy the none faulty version,
> buying the faulty one in the first place is well a bit silly no? Oh
> and memory cards wipe when they feel like it to don't get too attached
> when creating any wrestlers.

Hey, i'm not fibbing! Mine did delete the data on its own. Its probably just that the games nackered cause ive been on it that much!
Fri 19/07/02 at 20:13
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
AfroJoe wrote:
> The non-faulty version has never deleted my data.

Same here, I think some people are either fibbing or experienced a one in a million fluke problem, it has happened mind, my Mario Tennis deleted itself once.

Oh and dude who started the thread, just buy the none faulty version, buying the faulty one in the first place is well a bit silly no? Oh and memory cards wipe when they feel like it to don't get too attached when creating any wrestlers.
Fri 19/07/02 at 11:04
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
The non-faulty version has never deleted my data.
Fri 19/07/02 at 10:39
I've had 3 copies of No Mercy, I got the first one on the day of release the famous faulty version with blood. It did exactly what you have discribed. So I phoned SR and they said it was a genuine fault by THQ and said to send it back and get an exchange or refund for it and a non faulty batch should be in within 2 months so I got a new copy for SR a few month later. That one didnt have any blood and workrd fine for around a month then the same problem occured again and because I had it for over 30 days SR wouldnt take it back and refund my money or give me another game in exchange. So instead I sent it to THQ with proof of purchase and a letter explaining the fault. It took over three months for me to get a new copy of No Mercy but I had a letter of apology from THQ and they had salvaged all my created charactors, I dont know how but they couldn't retrieve all the other stuff I'd done, around 90% completion of the game. Damn it!!!
I know this doesn't help you at all I just thought it may make you feeel better if you know others have been there as well and perhaps have had worse experiences than you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.