GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"best steering wheel for ps2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/07/02 at 20:53
Regular
please can anyone tell me which is the best force feedback steering wheel for the ps2 it needs to be compatable with gt3 ,formula one 2001, v rally 3 and hopefully toca race driver.
i know i should proberly go for the official gt3 one but i was hopeing there was a cheaper alternative which was just as good.

also does anyone know if there is a steering wheel which is comapable with both a ps2 and a pc as that would be ideal for me.

thanks in advance.
Sun 14/07/02 at 20:53
please can anyone tell me which is the best force feedback steering wheel for the ps2 it needs to be compatable with gt3 ,formula one 2001, v rally 3 and hopefully toca race driver.
i know i should proberly go for the official gt3 one but i was hopeing there was a cheaper alternative which was just as good.

also does anyone know if there is a steering wheel which is comapable with both a ps2 and a pc as that would be ideal for me.

thanks in advance.
Sun 14/07/02 at 20:59
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Well, personally, I found the one SR give as a free gift the best one ive ever had. Much better than the official GT3 one.

Get it.
Sun 14/07/02 at 21:03
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I have the Jaguar F1 wheel, its pretty good, really good for F1 games obviously because it is the shape of an f1 wheel and has all the little buttons in the right place.
Sun 14/07/02 at 21:54
Regular
"95% organic"
I think the only FORCE-FEEDBACK wheel made specifically for the PS2 is the official GT3/Logitech one... although its markedly more expensive than the non f-f alternatives, it's very fairly priced. There really is no comparison when it comes to properly weighted steering.

It's worth remembering about the PS2 USB connections though. I suspect most PC steering wheels would probably work, but the Microsoft and Ferrari force-feedback versions are closer to £100 brand new.

My advice... get the official PS2 wheel for yourself, and get the 'free' membership gift steering wheel for 2 player action.
Mon 15/07/02 at 10:21
Regular
"  "
You must get a Logitec wheel. There is either the GT Force Feedack which works with most games but is a bit weird with V rally 3. Or you could get the Logitec Driving Force which works on most games and is almost identicle to the GT Force. Or there is the new GT Force II which I have and it works great with all games I have tried it with including all 3 of them games you mention. It's the same shape as the GT Force wheel except the d-pad is situated in a different place. They're all around £80.

Basically I say quality over price, you get what you pay for. Anyone of those wheels should be fine but like i say the GT Force is a bit dodgy with V rally 3 but the pther 2 are fine. :)
Tue 16/07/02 at 13:30
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
The GT Force is the wheel that works best on the widest selection of games, and it is superb (especially for GT3).

Nobody except Natbuc there seems to have heard of his GT Force II, but it does sound like a good one :-)

Go to www.ps2-racing.com for reviews of all force feedback wheels and a compatibility guide.
Tue 16/07/02 at 13:36
Regular
"  "
Darwock wrote:

> Nobody except Natbuc there seems to have heard of his GT Force II, but
> it does sound like a good one :-)

Seriously I'm not kidding :D

It was from Toys R Us In Lincoln UK and was available in red rubber or blue rubber. It looked alot like the Driving Force wheel but had metal foot pedals.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.