GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Next Generation Gamers."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/07/02 at 20:18
Regular
I have noticed a lot of people on these forums talking about what the next generation console will be but what I think is equally important, is the next generation gamers.

I think Nintendo have realised this and I think this is the reason they are releasing a lot of games which are mainly aimed at kids. If these kids buy the Game Cube for the games there is a good chance that they will stick with Nintendo in the future, therefore giving them the edge over Sony and Microsoft or any other company that decides to release a console.

Whereas Sony and Microsoft are too busy fighting between themselves they may not have realised this and I think this could possibly be their downfall as they start releasing games that may not be up to the same standard as they could possibly produce, just for the sake of having the most games on the market.

I think Nintendos patience will pay off for them in the future as a new generation of gamers will appreciate the games they played as children.

Dont get me wrong though, I am not trying to downgrade the PS2 or X-Box, I have a PS2 and I enjoy playing the games for it and I respect the X-Box as a good machine but I think that Nintendo may have the future sorted because they are thinking more about the gamers than their wallets.
Sun 14/07/02 at 20:18
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I have noticed a lot of people on these forums talking about what the next generation console will be but what I think is equally important, is the next generation gamers.

I think Nintendo have realised this and I think this is the reason they are releasing a lot of games which are mainly aimed at kids. If these kids buy the Game Cube for the games there is a good chance that they will stick with Nintendo in the future, therefore giving them the edge over Sony and Microsoft or any other company that decides to release a console.

Whereas Sony and Microsoft are too busy fighting between themselves they may not have realised this and I think this could possibly be their downfall as they start releasing games that may not be up to the same standard as they could possibly produce, just for the sake of having the most games on the market.

I think Nintendos patience will pay off for them in the future as a new generation of gamers will appreciate the games they played as children.

Dont get me wrong though, I am not trying to downgrade the PS2 or X-Box, I have a PS2 and I enjoy playing the games for it and I respect the X-Box as a good machine but I think that Nintendo may have the future sorted because they are thinking more about the gamers than their wallets.
Sun 14/07/02 at 20:24
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
That may be so, but the fact that Gamecube will be Nintendos last console means they have kicked themselves in the face.
Sun 14/07/02 at 20:27
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
They have hinted it may be their last but have not confirmed anything yet.
Sun 14/07/02 at 20:39
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Well if they have realised what I think they have realised, I cant imagine them not making another console.
Sun 14/07/02 at 20:57
Regular
"  "
So what are they planning on doing then?
Sun 14/07/02 at 21:08
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Personally I dont know what they could be planning but as I said, just now I think they are concentrating on making their console appeal to the younger generation but this is all just what I think personally.
Sun 14/07/02 at 21:11
Regular
'Cause the gamecube's easiest to develop for, it's gonna attract all kinds of games, shedding the 'kiddy' image soon. Nintendo will still continue to make top quality games for all audiences and the Gamecube will soon be crowned console of the world, and Shigsy, king of the world.

Not that I'm biased or anything.
Sun 14/07/02 at 21:16
Don't talk about Nintendo having a good future in a few years, what about by the end of the year? All of those games coming out, Mari Sunshine, Dinosaur Planet, Resident Evil, Metroid, Eternal Darkness, the list goes on and on. All I can say is how can you tell if somebody has some intellect and is an intelligent gamer? They have a GameCube.
Sun 14/07/02 at 21:23
Regular
Stone Cold Tom wrote:
> Don't talk about Nintendo having a good future in a few years, what
> about by the end of the year? All of those games coming out, Mari
> Sunshine, Dinosaur Planet, Resident Evil, Metroid, Eternal Darkness,
> the list goes on and on. All I can say is how can you tell if somebody
> has some intellect and is an intelligent gamer? They have a GameCube.

Well put, you'll have shigsy round your house soon with a knighthood in his hand.
Sun 14/07/02 at 21:29
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I know there are lots of games coming out for the GC soon but being realistic it will take a few years before Nintendo can kick a** out of other consoles. And I think it possibly could due to the fact that it seems to look after its gamers more than other companies do.
I think they will let Sony and Microsoft slug it out between each other until their ideas and resources dry up and then they will hit them with everything they've got.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.