GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOX ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM & PLAYSTATION 3 RUMOURS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/07/02 at 18:01
Regular
Ok, the operative word in that title is obvious, and it's only a symbol...but, I heard some very interesting information from someone with inside information regarding YOUR future of console gaming.

Firstly, lets stop kidding ourselves, XBox is only a success in the US, but nothing can or will catch up with the PS2 in this generation of gaming, PS2 still continues to outsell everything. So what are Microsoft doing?

Well...they want to shove Sony off the polygonal fence of gamingdom and they're going to give you something very special (possibly)...

It's gonna be an up date of the Xbox, a larger hard drive, better graphics chip (P4?), all built in with DVD, CD, everything in a single unit with a widescreen television!!!! Sounds like a bad dream? Where on earth would that fit? Well, supposedly there will be different sizes and specifactions, namely in the screen size, i.e 24inch, 28inch, 32inch. And how much would this cost really!!

Scariest thing is, it's out next year...so I'm told...

Next up is Sony's fightback at this Xboxvision unit (hope it isn't in black), will be their PlayStation 3, again supposedly for next year's release?! Is this a joke!?

Anyway, it's an interesting thought, if it happens, you know who you heard it from first.

Remember how Microsoft told you their console was made with the help of over 5000 gamers? They left the words 'Sony PlayStation 2' after the 5000...

Good night and Good Luck to you all
Sun 14/07/02 at 18:01
Ok, the operative word in that title is obvious, and it's only a symbol...but, I heard some very interesting information from someone with inside information regarding YOUR future of console gaming.

Firstly, lets stop kidding ourselves, XBox is only a success in the US, but nothing can or will catch up with the PS2 in this generation of gaming, PS2 still continues to outsell everything. So what are Microsoft doing?

Well...they want to shove Sony off the polygonal fence of gamingdom and they're going to give you something very special (possibly)...

It's gonna be an up date of the Xbox, a larger hard drive, better graphics chip (P4?), all built in with DVD, CD, everything in a single unit with a widescreen television!!!! Sounds like a bad dream? Where on earth would that fit? Well, supposedly there will be different sizes and specifactions, namely in the screen size, i.e 24inch, 28inch, 32inch. And how much would this cost really!!

Scariest thing is, it's out next year...so I'm told...

Next up is Sony's fightback at this Xboxvision unit (hope it isn't in black), will be their PlayStation 3, again supposedly for next year's release?! Is this a joke!?

Anyway, it's an interesting thought, if it happens, you know who you heard it from first.

Remember how Microsoft told you their console was made with the help of over 5000 gamers? They left the words 'Sony PlayStation 2' after the 5000...

Good night and Good Luck to you all
Sun 14/07/02 at 18:24
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Next year.

Bloody hell!
Sun 14/07/02 at 18:43
Regular
"everyone says it"
Its all a lie.

Official word pumped straight into and when I asked the Sony dude who came into my place of work the other day and on the newsheads. There will be no PS2 before 2005-2006. Also, there is an XBox2 being developed, however its only a smaller version of the current one out.... and will try and help the dying console in places (near everywhere) where it isn't selling well.
Sun 14/07/02 at 18:47
Regular
"¬_¬"
I thought the PS2 was out now, er-no. Guess not.
Sun 14/07/02 at 18:53
I heard rumours about the PS3 before the just as the GameCube was coming out, so I didn't hear that here first...
Sun 14/07/02 at 19:28
Regular
"everyone says it"
½pint wrote:
> I thought the PS2 was out now, er-no. Guess not.

Sorry, my mistake. You obviously knew I meant PS3. Why even bother posting that?
Sun 14/07/02 at 20:06
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
er-no wrote:
> ½pint wrote:
> I thought the PS2 was out now, er-no. Guess not.
>
> Sorry, my mistake. You obviously knew I meant PS3. Why even bother
> posting that?

To mock you obviously.
Sun 14/07/02 at 21:12
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
what are you people on ab out rumours for? Sony OFFICIALLY announced the working specs for the ps3 a month after the ps2's jap release day! I've even posted all the details multiple times.

As for the Xbox thing, this is truish. MS are releasing a TiVo style add on that allows you to record and rewind tv on a hdd. It will not make games any better... it's not like the 32X!
Sun 14/07/02 at 21:19
Regular
I disagree with the original message. You say nothing will overtake the PS2. What about the Gamecube? It's easiest to develop for, has better specs, and has the best games company under it's belt. Give it a couple of years and I reckon they'll be on par. If they were both released at the same time, the Gamecube would have left the PS2 in a trail of smoke.
Sun 14/07/02 at 21:29
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Solid, I'm afraid you are probably wrong on that. The only way the GC sales, or any other console sales, will overtake the PS2 is if the PS3 were about to come out.

The fact that the gc is easier to develop for than the PS2 means nothing. The PS2 has the biggest brand share, and so big publishers will develop games for it regardless of the hardships (although the amount of middleware available actually measn it's not so hard any more at all!). Thus more gamers will buy the format etc...

In a perfect world, the DC, with it's great development tools and original games, would have succeeded.

Sonic

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.