GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"!!XBOX home to LINUX!!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/07/02 at 12:03
Regular
Yes its true Linux (Best OS!) is on its way to XBOX! Because XBOX 99% of its architecture with a modern PC this is seen as an easy task. A Program that draws TUX on the XBOX boot up screen has been created and shown on a XBOX. Sony has already got Linux on their PS2 and the kit costs £165, While the XBOX linux should be free. The Linux OS will be Legal as it will run from a cd and save data in the FATX format of the XBOX on to the hard drive! An anonymous donnor has 0ffered $200,000 for the creation to be completed by 31st December 2002! so tell me what you think?
Tue 16/07/02 at 21:50
Regular
Thankyou for calling me a fool....

I know it is'nt endorsed by Micosoft.
Tue 16/07/02 at 21:42
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
your all fools! Linx has been proposed for XBOX is someone can get it to run on an un modded XBOX... Linux WILL NOT BE OFFICIALLY RELAESED for XBOX in any shape or form...

Haven't any of you been reading the current news on the lawsuit between MS and Linux... i doubt it...

Linux is a rival OS, MS make thier own OS... MS will not sanctiona rival OS on thier own machine!

As for PS2Linux... It's been about for a while now and starting to produce interesting results, though this was all possible because SONY support the develoment of Linux and were quite keen to introduce it to it's sytem.

We may well see Linux on XBOX one day, but not officially...
Mon 15/07/02 at 18:57
Regular
This linux thing does sound exciting, but i dont feel like i will get it as i just want my xbox for gaming (and online gaming aswell)

After saying that i will still probably getting it anyways. lol.
Mon 15/07/02 at 18:12
the PS2 has got Linux already its £165! but the Xbox will be free and as the Xbox uses USB it will be easy to connect a keyboard and mouse up to it for more info go to http://xbox-linux.sourceforge.net/
Mon 15/07/02 at 18:10
Regular
Stop Moaning Tiltawhirl, the xbox is know way near a PC, does it have a word processor?? NO!

Its a games console, for games ;)
Mon 15/07/02 at 17:46
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Yay Linux on a games console, what next..how about a hard drive....ahh
> it already has one....how about a Keyboard...i'm sure one will be
> coming out...how about a mouse.....probably coming out as well....this
> is all sounding far too much like a PC for my liking.

Rofl, dont you see that the PS2 is soon to be getting hard drive, modem and linux....I wonder if thats like a PC....
Sun 14/07/02 at 23:15
Regular
Yay Linux on a games console, what next..how about a hard drive....ahh it already has one....how about a Keyboard...i'm sure one will be coming out...how about a mouse.....probably coming out as well....this is all sounding far too much like a PC for my liking.
Sun 14/07/02 at 19:26
Regular
They might release a Windows for the xbox?

*Thinks of windows on the xbox and sees very unstablility*
Sun 14/07/02 at 19:08
Yeah it would but what would Microsoft think? (lol)
Sun 14/07/02 at 17:00
Regular
Cool! Linux on the xbox would be awesome.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.