GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How many times, have I tried to turn this love around!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/07/02 at 17:17
Regular
It feels like I have waited forever and a day.

Today I went back to the SNES and N64 and played them for a few hours and to be honest, it was absolutely brilliant. I haven't had so much fun with a controller in my hand for a very very long time, well, since the years of those consoles releases.

What is it? Why isn't Halo that special? Sure, Halo is an excellent game but it just doesn't have the magic that makes it worth dancing about. Even MGS2 felt unwanted in my hands. I really do want to accept these games though. Maybe thats the problem?

I keep expecting every game I pick up to feel amazing, and become instantly drool-over-able. The only game that has recently done that is MorroWind (everyone should have this game) and the last before that... well go back 14 months and the answer is Conkers Bad Fur Day. I enjoyed every moment of that game.

I am not sure if anyone else thinks this on the forums. I have asked it before as er-no. Gaming was better eight years, when gamers were closed closest freaks who were seen as geeks with spots. Games were made and created for us then. Now they are created for anything that has money. Whats with some of the titles coming out at the moment?

I will now go and play my import copy of EarthBound. That games rules. Not as much as Secret of Mana, as that game rules more than anything ever. In the history of gaming. I think I should make games. Wish I knew how or had the available contacts... I don't wanna go through Eidos as they suck big time. Stupid overdressed 'we think we know it all' idiots.

They can all die.

Gaming is crap at the moment. I need Mario.

I expect to get loads of people replying saying stuff like, 'WHAT ABOUT GTA3??'. That is a very good game, yet it gets very 'familar' after a day or two. Worth renting and loving than buying.

Rant Over.
JobyOne
Sun 14/07/02 at 18:36
Regular
"everyone says it"
HálloHowArtThou wrote:
> where is er-no???

You rang?
Sun 14/07/02 at 13:54
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> ps2_proud wrote:
> Then 1997 rolled on and that christmas I was given a Playstation 2
> from 'Santa'.
>
>
> Jeez you must have been a very good boy that year, I don't think
> anyone else even SOny had a PS2 at that point.

oh, sorry Mr. Perfect

ok, i'll rephrase that...

"Then the new compact disc games rolled in with a new console and everything. The Playstation had arrived and I had one for the first Christmas.
Sun 14/07/02 at 13:19
Regular
The only game I can remember that had me playing into the night was Zelda: Ocarina Of Time
Sun 14/07/02 at 13:16
Regular
I agree too.

Games like Luigi's Mansion had me up 'till way past midnight playing it, unfortunatly I then err..well completed it. Same with Pikmin, they would have had me up very early till very late, but they were too short.

Thankfully SSBM came along and has changed all that, not only is there shed loads to do, but it's so fun I've been playing it non-stop for three weeks.

I can't wait to get all the Mario Advance games for my GBA, although I've owned them all before, I know I'll be up late in bed playing Mario World and Link to the Past (which I haven't owned bfore, so thats even better).
Sun 14/07/02 at 12:12
Regular
"You've upset me"
yupyupyup.

Last game that I really wanted to play and finish all the way through was Perfect Dark.

Smash Bros Melee is on the borderline, I love playing it but only for short times. Give me Mario World and I'll be on that for a good 3 to 4 hours even if it is all completed.

Bah @ the games industry at the moment.
Sun 14/07/02 at 11:59
Regular
ps2_proud wrote:
> Then 1997 rolled on and that christmas I was given a Playstation 2
> from 'Santa'.

Jeez you must have been a very good boy that year, I don't think anyone else even SOny had a PS2 at that point.
Sun 14/07/02 at 11:31
"slightlyshortertagl"
where is er-no???
Sun 14/07/02 at 11:17
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Games are just the same...

Your just getting older and more experienced...

It may be just time for your idea of what gaming means to you to adapt as your lifestyle changes?
Sun 14/07/02 at 10:25
Regular
Well, Nintendo did, and still rules. But at the moment Playstation is taking the chequered flag. But to go back to the old days...

When I was just a baby (1987) I was born and bred. When I was a few years old and everything was 'peachy', my mum and dad bought my brother and sister a 'Sega Master System' or they were given one at least. (i'm confused)

What I can remember about this was that it had a game already installed into it ... Genius! Alex the kid was awesome and you could always play the game (incase you lost/couldn't find the cartridge).

Then as the years progressed the 'Mega Drive' came along. With many favourties such as *Sonic*, Monaco Grand Prix and Alien Storm.

Alien storm was a game for one or two players. You could then choose one of three characters. Some guy thatwas a bit like Arny, a robot with super quick gadgets and a woman with bulging arms (makes sense). You then went around beating and frying aliens. But the beuty about it was, it went from a third person perspective to a first person shooter. Was great fun in multiplayer.

Monaco grand prix was awesome. You started with a crappy team. No sponsers, crappy pay and crappy fans. But as you won a few races or finished high in the race, you were given improvements. Then you could opt to chalenge someone. If you beat them you moved up to another team. It was great for a boy at 7-8. (I think)

Sonic I don't need to tell you about.

There was many other GREAT games but one of the most awesome things was. You could get a cartridge with 3 or 6 games in it. so you could have twelve games in two cartridges. ANd they put all the newest games in there so it was great value for money.

Then my mate got a nintendo and I was over at his house most of the time playing the duck shooting game and mario. Oh, and street fighter 'turbo'!

Then 1997 rolled on and that christmas I was given a Playstation 2 from 'Santa'.

Those were the days....

PS2-P
Sun 14/07/02 at 01:04
Regular
"everyone says it"
Totoro wrote:
> er-no wrote:
> The last film that had me waking up to play it early was Zelda
> Ocarina
> of Time.
>
> I didn't realize that Zelda was a film ;)
> MGS2 & FFX are more like films.

Hush, I just came from cinema so I am confused.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.