GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Steel Battalion - Look at the size of the package!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/07/02 at 16:15
Regular
OK i was casually surfing the internet and went on a site and looked at some screenshots and pictures of the game, and i found this:-

http://www.totalgames.net/system/images/tgn/gallery /2021.61517044846-1023289731_19939.jpg

Check the size of that package! You'll need like 2 people to carry it home!

Btw-remove the spaces between "system/images/tgn/gallery /2021."
Sat 13/07/02 at 20:10
"Uzi Lover"
Forget online gaming XBox owners, you can just get all 79 of your mates round to play on that one controller in a multiplayer deathmatch.
Sat 13/07/02 at 20:06
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
When I look at that controller, the word "Tank" comes to mind. ;-)
I could certainly see the two working well together. ;-))
Sat 13/07/02 at 19:57
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
I'm sure SR will love sending that through the post.

Imagine playing something like Halo 2 with that! The joystick to control the bloke, and the rest for the vehicles.
Sat 13/07/02 at 19:44
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well given a little time and the chances are that other games using the controller will emerge. I remember reading somewhere that a sequel to Steel Battalion is in the works.

Also with the design of that controller, it could be used for other games besides mech simulations. Maybe you could use it to control a ship (large or small). Maybe it could be used in a combo with the normal controller. Basically what I mean is that the normal controller could be used to control a character of a game while the big controller is used to control their vehicle.
Could be useful for an online RPG style game. Think of something on the lines of Star Wars Galaxies where you can do pretty much what you want. You could goto a place that sells ships and although the normal controller can give you access to a lot of ships, the big controller can give you access to even more complicated ships.
What I mean here is (using Star Wars as an example again), a normal controller could be enough to buy and control a ship like an X-Wing, while having the big controller can open up choices like the larger ships such as the Millenium Falcon to players who have the extra buttons to do the extra features of them.

So theres certainly options around if developers want to use them. :-)
Sat 13/07/02 at 18:30
"Uzi Lover"
Looks kinda fun...if you can get the hang of it.

The view in the mech is pretty limited. They should use that controller for other games like flight sims or something.

Expensive, cool though.
Sat 13/07/02 at 17:27
Regular
lol i guess you are confused, The game is a mech simulator which puts you in the cockpit of a mech robot (if you don't know what a mech is- its like the AT-AT's off star wars, but different if you get what i mean) Look at these screenshots of the game, one of them shows the controller.

http://www.totalgames.net/xbox/gallery/ galleryfull.epml?gallery.REF=886&format.REF=7

By the way remove the space between "/gallery /galleryfull"
Sat 13/07/02 at 17:15
Regular
"BOSE"
erm...what's the big green trunk thing about? why'd you need a 40-buttoned pad to play this game? what's the game about? why are thye charging £100 for this? what the hell's going on? :-S
Sat 13/07/02 at 16:58
Regular
100 quid.
But sadly I just can't see myself buying it, even though the game itself looks amazing.
Sat 13/07/02 at 16:37
"Uzi Lover"
Jeeeeeez...and how much is that going to cost you lot?
Sat 13/07/02 at 16:32
Regular
The box for the upcoming steel battalion game. The game comes with a massive controller with around 40 buttons on, its probebly as close to realism to a mech shooter you will ever get.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.