GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bah, I need your help :("

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/07/02 at 16:06
Regular
Okay, SSBM, Diskun trophy. Two bonuses I need; Hammer Throw, Twinkle Toes.

Twinkle toes: I've been told you have to make quick recoveries when you get knocked down by pressing Z. I do a match between me and Ganndorf, I let him knock me up into the air. Then (I'll explain using Samus so you can actually look at wha I mean if you need to) just before I hit the ground I press Z and Samus lands in a crouched position and then stand up immediatly, instead of smashing onto the floor as normal. 'A ha' I think, this is how you do it. I finish the match, I won it, I used the Z thing every time I got kncoked down, I did it at least three times. No Twinkle Toes bonus.

I try again, only this I let myself hit the floor, then press z to make Samus get up quickly and she makes a sort of 'recovery attack'. Again, every time, at least three times, no bonus.

How the hell do you get it?

Hammer Throw: I've been told you play on the Brinstar level, and when the fire rises you grab a hammer and jump on it so it sends you flying up in the air, then just before you strt to fall again you press Z to drop the hammer, didn't work. I did actually drop the hammer a couple of days ago, it was on a different level and I can't remember how it happened. But I didn't actually get the Bonus!!

How the hell do you get these two bonuses!!!???
Sat 13/07/02 at 16:06
Regular
Okay, SSBM, Diskun trophy. Two bonuses I need; Hammer Throw, Twinkle Toes.

Twinkle toes: I've been told you have to make quick recoveries when you get knocked down by pressing Z. I do a match between me and Ganndorf, I let him knock me up into the air. Then (I'll explain using Samus so you can actually look at wha I mean if you need to) just before I hit the ground I press Z and Samus lands in a crouched position and then stand up immediatly, instead of smashing onto the floor as normal. 'A ha' I think, this is how you do it. I finish the match, I won it, I used the Z thing every time I got kncoked down, I did it at least three times. No Twinkle Toes bonus.

I try again, only this I let myself hit the floor, then press z to make Samus get up quickly and she makes a sort of 'recovery attack'. Again, every time, at least three times, no bonus.

How the hell do you get it?

Hammer Throw: I've been told you play on the Brinstar level, and when the fire rises you grab a hammer and jump on it so it sends you flying up in the air, then just before you strt to fall again you press Z to drop the hammer, didn't work. I did actually drop the hammer a couple of days ago, it was on a different level and I can't remember how it happened. But I didn't actually get the Bonus!!

How the hell do you get these two bonuses!!!???
Sat 13/07/02 at 17:04
I have only had it a week so I am still unlocking characters and having random battles. Btw, Does anyone else think mewtwo is a bit over hyped and doesn't actually do much?

(:)
Sat 13/07/02 at 19:37
Regular
"Unretired"
Hammer Throw : Discard the hammer during a match

Twinkle Toes : Keep pressing Z as you hit the ground to recover quickly
Sun 14/07/02 at 14:18
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Time_Warp wrote:
> I have only had it a week so I am still unlocking characters and
> having random battles. Btw, Does anyone else think mewtwo is a bit
> over hyped and doesn't actually do much?
>
> (:)

Mewtwo is incredibly powerful in the right hands.
Sun 14/07/02 at 14:30
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Hmmm... there are many ways the hammer throw bonus could be achieved. The first one is that when an enemyhas a hammer, use link's hookshot or samus laser grapple beam thingy so you 'throw' them whilst they are holding the hammer. The second one is that if you or the enemy has the hammer, and the head falls off, pick it up and then drop it. And the third is what you suggested MGB.

Try 'em all. I'm going to!

And as for the twinkle toes one, just hammer 'Z' as you hti the ground, and it will work some time.

:D
Sun 14/07/02 at 18:48
Regular
I got Twinkle toes, you press R or L just before you land, not Z.
Sun 14/07/02 at 18:52
Regular
"You've upset me"
Time_Warp wrote:
> I have only had it a week so I am still unlocking characters and
> having random battles. Btw, Does anyone else think mewtwo is a bit
> over hyped and doesn't actually do much?
>
> (:)

Nope, MewTwo is devastating when used correctly. I managed to go through All Star mode using him and taking 4% damage.
Sun 14/07/02 at 19:10
Regular
"Unretired"
Elite Chaos wrote:
> Hammer Throw : Discard the hammer during a match
>
> Twinkle Toes : Keep pressing Z as you hit the ground to recover
> quickly

I got this from an official guide, so it IS right. It is Z not L or R
Sun 14/07/02 at 20:36
Regular
Elite Chaos wrote:
> Elite Chaos wrote:
> Hammer Throw : Discard the hammer during a match
>
> Twinkle Toes : Keep pressing Z as you hit the ground to recover
> quickly
>
> I got this from an official guide, so it IS right. It is Z not L or R

Well i'm sorry but your wrong. You don't even have the game do you? I have that guide as well and it doesn't work, but when I used R it did work. And it's all very well say 'discard the hammer' but if you'd bothered to read my post you'd know that I don't know how to discard the hammer, and when I did once it didn't even give me the bonus.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.