GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New add-on for PS2!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/07/02 at 14:34
Regular
Sega have announced a new product to be used in collaboration with Sony's PS2 machine. It's called the Dreamcast. The add-on will cost about the same as a new PS2 game (or under £30 second-hand). The Dreamcast is placed on-top of the PS2 unit and plugged directly to the TV. All you PS2 owners will then be able to choose from the large library of cut-price bargain Dreamcast games to compliment your PS2 selection.

Did you like Crazy Taxi on the PS2? Then why not invest in Crazy Taxi 2... it's better. Did you get all excited by Wimbledon? Then get the only tennis game worth buying: Virtua Tennis (or its sequel). Want a top quality, but dirt cheap challenge? Shenmue, Jet Grind Radio and Cannon Spike are all part of the new DC Platinum range available for those PS2 owners that choose to upgrade. And for the Street Fighter 2 fetishists: you'll have the biggest selection of Capcom 2d fighters of any next-gen system. Plus the DC versions are all full-screen (unlike PS2 original!).

The add-on also doubles as an online gaming system. For all you PS2 owners who thought you'd have to wait ages, it's here already... Unfortunately it will only work for DC games, but it will keep online gamers happy until Sony pulls its finger out.

The DC upgrade comes with a built-in 'multitap' tap too, as well as a very flexible Windows-based operating system. This means that emulation and the like is all highly feasible. A nice contrast to the incomprehendibly unpenetrable nature of PS2 programming.

A brand new Dreamcast-upgrade is already available as a bundle from stockists like SR. For around £70 you get the Dreamcast with Jet Grind Radio and Virtua Fighter 3... not bad, eh!
Sun 14/07/02 at 19:20
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
The dreamcast is undoubtedly one of the best consoles of all time. As well as advancing technologies (modem, analogue buttons) it undoubtedly had the most original games in it's time- far far more so than the ps2. (Of course, it didn't have the big budget games, but it did have some amazingly original ones).

I highly advise you get one for your console collection.

Oh, and to the idiot who said the console was rubbish, this forum is for educated gamers.

Sonic
Sat 13/07/02 at 17:35
Regular
"  "
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Na†ßu© wrote:
> Even better! Get a PSOne and put it on top of your PS2! Then you can
> play PSOne games!
>
> Except that if you have a PS2, you don't need a PSone to play PSone
> games... :-)

Glad to see someones on the ball :D
Sat 13/07/02 at 16:04
"High polygon count"
Na†ßu© wrote:
> Even better! Get a PSOne and put it on top of your PS2! Then you can
> play PSOne games!

Except that if you have a PS2, you don't need a PSone to play PSone games... :-)
Sat 13/07/02 at 15:58
Regular
I'm here to tell you about a great new add on for your house.
Its called a dreamcast. It can be used to seemlessly hold open doors, add several inches to the height of your coffee table, or as an extra large table drinks mat.

How much would you expect to have to pay for a piece of garbage that does ALL this? Don't answer yet, theres more :

The cheap and plasticky appearance means you can spill food and drink on it, and not even care. This has distinct advantages, when you wish to scrape out ground in scum at the bottom of your bin. All this from a SEGA product? "No way!" I hear you shout.

Just send £100 to :

I AM A SUCKER
FREEPOST 'I've Just wasted my money"
Suckerville
SUC KER
Sat 13/07/02 at 15:52
Regular
"  "
Even better! Get a PSOne and put it on top of your PS2! Then you can play PSOne games!
Sat 13/07/02 at 15:16
Regular
Jet Grind Radio isn't a UK Dreamcast game as far as I know - just Jet Set Radio :)
Sat 13/07/02 at 15:05
"`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·`·"
Great post :D
Sat 13/07/02 at 15:02
"High polygon count"
illzen wrote:
> Sega have announced a new product to be used in collaboration with
> Sony's PS2 machine. It's called the Dreamcast.

Ah, so it's true what they say then.

Console add-ons never sell in sufficient quantities to warrant production.

:-)
Sat 13/07/02 at 14:43
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Or go one step further and buy the Xbox add-on for only £199 (personally recommended), or the GC add-on for only £130.

;-)
Sat 13/07/02 at 14:39
Regular
LOL, good post :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.