GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help Me with Gamecube!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/07/02 at 11:25
Regular
Hullo People, Im new.

Its my Birthday on tuesday, And im going to treat myself to a new gamecube game, but which one?

At the moment I have super smash bros melee and rogue leader.
Im getting wave race and one other game which I cant decide.

Luigi's Mansion - Looks stunning, but from what Ive heard it just dosnt last very long.

Pikmin - This game looks awesome, but the thing that puts me off is the 30 day time limit and the length of the whole game.

Turok Evolution - Shall I wait till sept'?

I love fast and speedy games so maybe Extreme G3 or burnout would be better?

I dont know, help me from wasting my money on a game I wont like.
Sat 13/07/02 at 19:13
Regular
"Unretired"
Yeah, well, this is a strange forum program. It puts the post in a different order to any others i have used. And I dunno how I pressed start new topic....well nevarmind.
Sat 13/07/02 at 19:11
Regular
"Selected"
Elite Chaos wrote:
> I meant to post a reply to this thread, but pressed start new topic by
> mistake!

Who cares? Your the birthday boy! On tuesday anyway.....
Sat 13/07/02 at 19:10
Regular
"Unretired"
thanx
Sat 13/07/02 at 19:08
Regular
"Selected"
Happy Birthday!
Sat 13/07/02 at 19:06
Regular
"Unretired"
I meant to post a reply to this thread, but pressed start new topic by mistake!
Sat 13/07/02 at 18:59
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> SolidSnakeXXI wrote:
> Or you could put your money
> away and save up for a new console. Getting games is a pricey
> business,
>
> What and buying new consoles when you already own one isn't?

If you'd taken the liberty to quote the rest of my comment you'd have seen I wrote 'so make sure it's what you want' or something along those lines. I have a Gamecube and a PS2 and they were both well thought through and worthwhile purchases. I'm just saying because it's pricey, make sure you really want something before you get it and there's not something better (like a PS2) worth saving up for.
Sat 13/07/02 at 14:04
Regular
SolidSnakeXXI wrote:
Or you could put your money
> away and save up for a new console. Getting games is a pricey
> business,

What and buying new consoles when you already own one isn't?

I'd go for Burnout or wait for Turok or Timesplitters. Though NHL Hitz, Spider-man, Luigi's Mansion, Pikmin, SSX Tricky and a few more are all worth getting. It just depends what appeals to you
Sat 13/07/02 at 13:51
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
oh, and happy birthday for tuesday!

:D
Sat 13/07/02 at 13:50
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Hmmm... how about SSX tricky? I got it this morning nad it is an amazing game, damn addictive and fun to play. Other than that, how about super monkey ball or iss?

You could always preorder Legend of Zelda, or mario sunshine, or starfox adventures, or metroid....the list goes on!

Choose a game that would be best suited to you, one that you buy becasue you want to, not because other people say different.

Hope you choose a good game!

:D
Sat 13/07/02 at 12:46
Regular
You shouldn't feel like you HAVE to buy a game. Out of those you said, I'd say Pikmin or Turok Evolution but why not wait for Starfox Adventures, Super Mario Sunshine, etc? Or you could put your money away and save up for a new console. Getting games is a pricey business, so make sure it's what you really want before you dish out the cash.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.