GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Save me......."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/07/02 at 23:22
Regular
Literaly, save me from this war that has enslaved the gaming community, PS2 hates Xbox hates GC hates PS2 and it goes on and on and on. All of the companies trying to out do eachother with hollow promises and big ideas that never get realised, but it's not the multinational faceless corporations that suffer, it's the little people, the customers. *cough* Dreamcast!

I walked into EB shortly before christmas and the guy in the shop told me I needed a PS2 and having one was an absolute must if I wasn't to become a social misfit because I backed the wrong company. Two weeks later the same guy was telling me that I needed an Xbox and once again two weeks later I was been told I needed a Game Cube. I don't want everyone to tell me what I want, I want to be told what's avaliable how much it costs and which games it has that is all.

As for games well their on the up as surely anyone who plays RPGs will know there's nothing more annoying then poorly made games that take a day to complete and when you try and take them back to the store they tell you they don't do refunds on games. (This is Illeagal by the way so don't accept such a crummy excuse!!) Leaving you angry and out of pocket with a pile of rubbish games in your living room.

As for the prices of some of this stuff where does Microsoft get off expecting people to pay £45 for games like "Fusion Frenzy" next to the likes of Halo, as for the prices of black market PS2s when the supply over here ran out, I think £700 is a tad on the expensive side. Microsoft and Nintendo going into a price cut war (I can do it cheaper) which turned into a royal blood bath for faithful xbox owners who had bought at the launch date.

Some of the game quality is poor though, it's not buggy that only affects the PC industry, instead you get cheap poorly made games that make you wonder what the hell the developers were taking when they decided not to pull the plug on the project. Unfortunately LucasArts is (sometimes) a perfect example of this and I say unfortunately bercause everyone knows they can make good games, look at GC Rouge Squadron and their up and comming MMORPG Star Wars Galaxies, bot are very good games.

Why does all this bad stuff have to happen in this crazy mixed up world. WHY? You all know what I'm talking about...
Fri 12/07/02 at 23:22
Regular
"do ut des"
Literaly, save me from this war that has enslaved the gaming community, PS2 hates Xbox hates GC hates PS2 and it goes on and on and on. All of the companies trying to out do eachother with hollow promises and big ideas that never get realised, but it's not the multinational faceless corporations that suffer, it's the little people, the customers. *cough* Dreamcast!

I walked into EB shortly before christmas and the guy in the shop told me I needed a PS2 and having one was an absolute must if I wasn't to become a social misfit because I backed the wrong company. Two weeks later the same guy was telling me that I needed an Xbox and once again two weeks later I was been told I needed a Game Cube. I don't want everyone to tell me what I want, I want to be told what's avaliable how much it costs and which games it has that is all.

As for games well their on the up as surely anyone who plays RPGs will know there's nothing more annoying then poorly made games that take a day to complete and when you try and take them back to the store they tell you they don't do refunds on games. (This is Illeagal by the way so don't accept such a crummy excuse!!) Leaving you angry and out of pocket with a pile of rubbish games in your living room.

As for the prices of some of this stuff where does Microsoft get off expecting people to pay £45 for games like "Fusion Frenzy" next to the likes of Halo, as for the prices of black market PS2s when the supply over here ran out, I think £700 is a tad on the expensive side. Microsoft and Nintendo going into a price cut war (I can do it cheaper) which turned into a royal blood bath for faithful xbox owners who had bought at the launch date.

Some of the game quality is poor though, it's not buggy that only affects the PC industry, instead you get cheap poorly made games that make you wonder what the hell the developers were taking when they decided not to pull the plug on the project. Unfortunately LucasArts is (sometimes) a perfect example of this and I say unfortunately bercause everyone knows they can make good games, look at GC Rouge Squadron and their up and comming MMORPG Star Wars Galaxies, bot are very good games.

Why does all this bad stuff have to happen in this crazy mixed up world. WHY? You all know what I'm talking about...
Fri 12/07/02 at 23:46
Regular
"WWJD"
I see what you mean, you know what you have to do.......... go and get an old console like the original Nintendo or Amiga when it wasn't fighting just pure gaming the good old days, argh i remember them so young and inasent it was brilliant
Fri 12/07/02 at 23:51
Regular
"Remember me?"
Just play what you wanna play. Buy whatever consoles you want and let others get on with the critisism while you enjoy playing the games. Oh yeah, and don't diss Dreamcast. LOl.

:P
Fri 12/07/02 at 23:53
Regular
"do ut des"
I know what you mean back then companies weren't greedy for money people made games because they were excited about the technology and enjoyed it, money was an added bonus, also a lot of games were born on a computer by someone creating some code that then turned into a console game, but the whole process of design is different thesedays it's harder to be groundbreaking.
Fri 12/07/02 at 23:57
Regular
"do ut des"
Dreamcast is a perfect example of greed. When PS came onto the scene Sega were the kning pins with the megadrive and Sony couldn't hurt them next thing you know Dreamcast goes down into the abyis and PS2 comes out smelling of roses:(
Sat 13/07/02 at 00:00
Regular
"do ut des"
Dark Mark wrote:
> Just play what you wanna play. Buy whatever consoles you want and let
> others get on with the critisism while you enjoy playing the games. Oh
> yeah, and don't diss Dreamcast. LOl.
>
> :P

These days though there are so many brainwashed fools walking about saying this that and the other is rubbish even though the longest time they've ever spent on the console was a demo disk in a store with an RF lead. If you ask half these people why what they're dissing is rubbish, they don't know, the companies forgot to mention that bit in their little brainwashing scheme.
Sat 13/07/02 at 00:05
Regular
Roasten wrote:
> These days though there are so many brainwashed fools walking about
> saying this that and the other is rubbish even though the longest time
> they've ever spent on the console was a demo disk in a store with an
> RF lead. If you ask half these people why what they're dissing is
> rubbish, they don't know, the companies forgot to mention that bit in
> their little brainwashing scheme.

Good point. Most people should get their facts straight before they begin a dispute.
Sat 13/07/02 at 00:11
Regular
"do ut des"
There are far to many anti console posts around this whole forum is littered with them. It's like a barren wassteland out there with only a few glimmers of intelligence to be seen and heard anywhere.
Sat 13/07/02 at 09:02
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
there are alot of console related topics made by newbies because when you create new topic there is an example which is "Console Wars - which is best?"

Now it used to be somthing like "Playstation is th best, discuss."

but i pointed this out and either due to me pointing it out or due to other reasons it was changed. So instead of egtting newbie topics slating PS2 of saying how great it is we get more variety (newbies slating Xbox/GC or loving Xbox/gc)
Sat 13/07/02 at 09:13
Regular
"¬_¬"
I'm sure there WERE plenty of annoyed Xbox owners, but the thing is, why? If they were happy with paying £300 in the first place, why should they care if there is a price cut? They may feel a bit shortchanged, but even so they didn't mind paying the extra cash before the price cut. Plus, they get free gifts. I got mine. DoA 3, Rallisport, a free controller and a DVD remote (dunno why - I asked for a DVD remote instead of the controller but got both :D)

Even IF prices are cut, people who already own the console shouldn't worry. I mean, I'm happy to have paid £130 for my GameCube, and if they lower it to £50 tomorrow, I won't care one bit.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.