GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best game I've played in a while"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/07/02 at 21:29
Regular
Freedom Force on the PC.
I've been droning on about lack of originality in games, well now I have to shut up.

Superhero RPG/Adventure/Beat 'em Up/Puzzle/RTS thing.
You play "Minuteman", and you have loads of superhero mates.
And it's done in the old Marvel Comic style.
Fantastic animation, fully immersive 3D cities you can smash to bits if you want, cars to throw, hot-dog stands to destroy, "Ne'er do wells" to smite with your "Staff of Justice" whilst shouting "For Freedom!" in a stern superhero voice.
Bash the "Thugs" and see a big box appear with "SMITE!" "BAFF!" "SMAPOW!" when you strike.

This game rocks.
Seriously.
Narration that sounds like the dude from the Batman TV show "What foul deeds are these? Find out in the next episode of Freedom Force! Will our hero triumph over evil, or will the shadowy Nemesis vanquish?"
Superb.

Loads of superhero mates to control as well, fully customisable Superheros for you to be.
Online play (with Gayspy though, ergh...)

Sound is excellent, loads of really cheesy villain voices, "I AM A SUPERHERO" superhero voices.
I've not played anything like it before, a mix of everything I like in different genres.

And you can battle massive Lizard Villains by throwing buses at them and smashing them into buildings.

Get this game if you have
(a) A sense of humour
(b) A love of Batman:The Series
(c) Like original games
(d) Ever wanted to destroy a building using a 16ft Eagle

Yes.
"For Freedom, for justice, for righteousness!"
Fri 12/07/02 at 21:29
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Freedom Force on the PC.
I've been droning on about lack of originality in games, well now I have to shut up.

Superhero RPG/Adventure/Beat 'em Up/Puzzle/RTS thing.
You play "Minuteman", and you have loads of superhero mates.
And it's done in the old Marvel Comic style.
Fantastic animation, fully immersive 3D cities you can smash to bits if you want, cars to throw, hot-dog stands to destroy, "Ne'er do wells" to smite with your "Staff of Justice" whilst shouting "For Freedom!" in a stern superhero voice.
Bash the "Thugs" and see a big box appear with "SMITE!" "BAFF!" "SMAPOW!" when you strike.

This game rocks.
Seriously.
Narration that sounds like the dude from the Batman TV show "What foul deeds are these? Find out in the next episode of Freedom Force! Will our hero triumph over evil, or will the shadowy Nemesis vanquish?"
Superb.

Loads of superhero mates to control as well, fully customisable Superheros for you to be.
Online play (with Gayspy though, ergh...)

Sound is excellent, loads of really cheesy villain voices, "I AM A SUPERHERO" superhero voices.
I've not played anything like it before, a mix of everything I like in different genres.

And you can battle massive Lizard Villains by throwing buses at them and smashing them into buildings.

Get this game if you have
(a) A sense of humour
(b) A love of Batman:The Series
(c) Like original games
(d) Ever wanted to destroy a building using a 16ft Eagle

Yes.
"For Freedom, for justice, for righteousness!"
Fri 12/07/02 at 21:31
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I watched someone play that. They wouldn't let me have a go.

Silly fools!

I want to play it. *Cries*
Sat 13/07/02 at 00:25
"Stupid Newbie :D"
You'd likely enjoy City of Heroes (www.cityofheroes.com) when it finally gets released then... Seen Freedom Force, it does look damn good, the whole comicbook style yet 3D gameplay is quite nifty.
Sat 13/07/02 at 12:03
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I played the demo and was hooked, a brilliant game, I don't know any other title out like it at the moment. I didn't realise it had been released yet though, so there's another game I shall have to add to my most wanted list.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.