GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FFXI? Online? C**P!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/07/02 at 20:02
Regular
What? You've probably heard that FF11 will be online for the PS2. The Internet Connection thingeeamombre has been launched not long ago in E3. But the problem is that it will be online.

It's c**p! Who's gonna spend their time, online, playing the new FF11?!?! Why don't Square make the game OFFLINE!!! On a game disc!

It should of been in the FF Forum topic, but this is different. Who Agrees? Who Agrees it should be on a game instead of online, connected to a modem??????!!!!!!
Wed 17/07/02 at 15:34
Regular
"cant think of one.."
I guess you have to remember that with FFXI, they are trying something new and revolutionary in the world of console gaming. Whether it'll work or not will only become apparent upon the game's release.

I'd be very disappointed though if there was no strong element of a storyline.
Tue 16/07/02 at 18:30
I was quite looking forward to Final Fantasy XI. That is until I found out about Star Wars Galaxies for the PC. Don't get me started on Star Wars Galaxies...
Tue 16/07/02 at 17:55
Is there a story to FFXI? I'm sure there isn't.

As we had to wait 2 years after the US and Japan for FFX, the next REAL Final Fantasy will be more than 4 years away (FFXII), that is, if Square can even be bothered to release it in Europe then.
Tue 16/07/02 at 13:36
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
By the way, we'll be lucky if it ever gets released in this country anyway. Considering it was released in Japan before Final Fantasy X hit the shops here...
Tue 16/07/02 at 13:34
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Guys, this is just another side to the whole FF thing - it's not like they're taking a game away from you, as FF12 will be a 'traditional' style game. It's just an attempt to make an online game using Final Fantasy battle engines and so on. Did you moan about Final Fantasy Tactics? Or Chocobo Racing? Or the movie? (well, *I* moaned about the movie...)

Final Fantasy is a huge franchise with lots of different aspects to it. I'm still annoyed at the lack of world map or exploration in FFX, but the game makes up for it in many other ways.
Sat 13/07/02 at 18:33
"period drama"
It really won't be FF if it's online.

That feature will take away the depth and originality of the normal FF games.

*We don't want anyone to stop playing it = no decent story

*Thousands of things to do = too open-ended, no feeling of progression

*Go off in groups = want to go somewhere? Tough, you can only go here with this massive group or you'll get killed

Just a few things that will be crap.
I'm pretty hung p on this one.

Square! Don't do it!
Sat 13/07/02 at 18:15
Devil-Bøy wrote:
> Aren't they just going to have it on a disc where you can play online
> if and when you want?
>
> Sorry if I'm wrong, im not really into the FF games so I don't read
> about them so I won't really know, this is just what I've heard.

You're not the only one not into FF games, but I guess your right about the disc and being online with it. I wasn't into FF games until FF8 came out.
Fri 12/07/02 at 20:18
Regular
Aren't they just going to have it on a disc where you can play online if and when you want?

Sorry if I'm wrong, im not really into the FF games so I don't read about them so I won't really know, this is just what I've heard.
Fri 12/07/02 at 20:02
What? You've probably heard that FF11 will be online for the PS2. The Internet Connection thingeeamombre has been launched not long ago in E3. But the problem is that it will be online.

It's c**p! Who's gonna spend their time, online, playing the new FF11?!?! Why don't Square make the game OFFLINE!!! On a game disc!

It should of been in the FF Forum topic, but this is different. Who Agrees? Who Agrees it should be on a game instead of online, connected to a modem??????!!!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.