GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GETTING STUCK INTO MY PS2. LITERALLY!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/07/02 at 09:55
Regular
I slammed the door shut behind me. School was very stressful, homework this home work that. 'Ah well' I thought to myself, it’s over now, time to play on my Playstation 2!!

So I switched it on and put my favorite game in which is Max Payne
It wouldn’t load I thought to myself, “that’s funny” so I got up out the chair to investigate. I went over to my television but it went off. “What the hell is going on here” I thought. My TV stated to glow. I went to turn it back on but my hand just went straight through it!

I pulled my hand back quickly. No pain, no damage. The screen was still glowing, though its intensity seemed to increase. Suddenly the whole room flashed a bright green, blinding me momentarily. As I opened my eyes, I realized I wasn't in my room any more...

Suddenly everything went into slow motion. In front of me I saw a black shadow and a strange figure came flying out of nowhere. In a Matrix style blur the figure sprinted up to me.

"Who are you?" I asked.
"Payne, Max Payne" he replied, I could see clearly now. It was Max all right. My favorite hero. I opened my mouth to question him some more, but the sound of more bullets interrupted.
"This way," Max shouted and ran to find cover. The bullets followed us until we were out of site.

We ran down a dark alleyway. Following us were the echoes of our feet hitting the concrete. We were soon to be caught up by a group of people. We could hear them shouting, "They've disappeared" said the bad guys. “Where are we, why am I here?” I thought. Max replied, “Be quiet” as though he could read my mind. This was odd. How could he possibly read my mind?

We continued through the night. Suddenly everything kicked into slow motion again. I heard a whoosh. A bullet flew to straight towards me. I knew this was the end. I tried to dodge but the bullet ripped straight through my skull.

I awoke. Suddenly I saw these two beautiful girls fighting! What was going on? Then out of nowhere a large Leopard type creature flung himself into the action. I closed my eyes. I couldn’t watch the mayhem. It was too sick.
When I reopened my eyes I was once again somewhere different. I felt a rain drop splash on my nose. And another. It was raining. Then I saw a character creeping in the shadows. As I approached I could clearly see a bandana around his head and a puff of smoke circulating around him. It was Solid Snake! I walked up to him but a load bang sent me flying into the air and to the ground in a heap.

I awoke once more. I saw Max again. “What is going on!”? I demanded. “Just shut up! I’m the character you’re the PS2. You’re meant to tell me what to do and not the other way around!” Then it hit me. I really was the PS2. Those other scenes, they were games I owned. Max Payne, Tekken Tag, Metal Gear Solid 2. I was now a PS2.

Thanks for reading, MCH.
Thu 11/07/02 at 09:55
"`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·`·"
I slammed the door shut behind me. School was very stressful, homework this home work that. 'Ah well' I thought to myself, it’s over now, time to play on my Playstation 2!!

So I switched it on and put my favorite game in which is Max Payne
It wouldn’t load I thought to myself, “that’s funny” so I got up out the chair to investigate. I went over to my television but it went off. “What the hell is going on here” I thought. My TV stated to glow. I went to turn it back on but my hand just went straight through it!

I pulled my hand back quickly. No pain, no damage. The screen was still glowing, though its intensity seemed to increase. Suddenly the whole room flashed a bright green, blinding me momentarily. As I opened my eyes, I realized I wasn't in my room any more...

Suddenly everything went into slow motion. In front of me I saw a black shadow and a strange figure came flying out of nowhere. In a Matrix style blur the figure sprinted up to me.

"Who are you?" I asked.
"Payne, Max Payne" he replied, I could see clearly now. It was Max all right. My favorite hero. I opened my mouth to question him some more, but the sound of more bullets interrupted.
"This way," Max shouted and ran to find cover. The bullets followed us until we were out of site.

We ran down a dark alleyway. Following us were the echoes of our feet hitting the concrete. We were soon to be caught up by a group of people. We could hear them shouting, "They've disappeared" said the bad guys. “Where are we, why am I here?” I thought. Max replied, “Be quiet” as though he could read my mind. This was odd. How could he possibly read my mind?

We continued through the night. Suddenly everything kicked into slow motion again. I heard a whoosh. A bullet flew to straight towards me. I knew this was the end. I tried to dodge but the bullet ripped straight through my skull.

I awoke. Suddenly I saw these two beautiful girls fighting! What was going on? Then out of nowhere a large Leopard type creature flung himself into the action. I closed my eyes. I couldn’t watch the mayhem. It was too sick.
When I reopened my eyes I was once again somewhere different. I felt a rain drop splash on my nose. And another. It was raining. Then I saw a character creeping in the shadows. As I approached I could clearly see a bandana around his head and a puff of smoke circulating around him. It was Solid Snake! I walked up to him but a load bang sent me flying into the air and to the ground in a heap.

I awoke once more. I saw Max again. “What is going on!”? I demanded. “Just shut up! I’m the character you’re the PS2. You’re meant to tell me what to do and not the other way around!” Then it hit me. I really was the PS2. Those other scenes, they were games I owned. Max Payne, Tekken Tag, Metal Gear Solid 2. I was now a PS2.

Thanks for reading, MCH.
Thu 11/07/02 at 10:03
Regular
"Fangxforthemammarie"
Children take note, this is why you should never ever take drugs

Definately not in the quantities that have been used in this case
Thu 11/07/02 at 10:10
Regular
"  "
Dont tell him Major Chip Hazard. Just dont tell him. ;)

Good post by the way. Where did you get the good idea from :D
Thu 11/07/02 at 10:45
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I thought I'd discovered a new low this morning when I found a page of poems written by various guys about their ZX Spectrums.

I was wrong.
Thu 11/07/02 at 12:03
Good post and i enjoyed reading it.

Could have a chance of winning G.A.D
Thu 11/07/02 at 13:50
Regular
"You've upset me"
So just how much LSD *had* you taken behind the bikesheds? :-)

Odd... very odd...
Thu 11/07/02 at 15:41
"`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·`·"
Thanks for the replies very intresting.

I see only DAXTER liked my post?
Thu 11/07/02 at 15:45
Regular
"  "
Na†ßu© wrote:
>
> Good post by the way. Where did you get the good idea from :D

I did too. :)
Thu 11/07/02 at 16:16
Regular
Good Post there lay off the drugs for a couple of days and things should be back to normal.
Fri 12/07/02 at 21:41
Regular
Good post man. and considering i couldn't find any other GAD contender posts, you'll probably win one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.