GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I want my 49p back!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/07/02 at 08:35
Regular
Yesterday lunchtime as I wondered around town after buying a sandwich, I popped in Dixons and noticed stuffed right in a corner they had a single Dreamcast game. No box or instructions, just the CD.

The price was 97p, but there was a 50% off sticker on it...and the game, "Tomb Raider: The Last Revalation". I really enjoyed the original Tomb Raider, but since that first one the follow ups have been very poor. But for 49p, I was willing to take the risk - and hoped this would have something approaching the enjoyement of the original.

Not only is this game the worst Tomb Raider game I have ever played. I think it surpasses Carmaggedon 64 as the worst game ever (in my book).

Graphically, really basic - setting a new record in lo-poly models I think. The textures look very low res, and you can see the obvious joins on something like a wall.

However, even with this low poly world, and lo-res textures, the frame rate stutters all the time.

This is not the worst thing though, this is reserved for the control method. You walk and side step with the analogue pad, and run with the d-pad. Why oh why oh why would anyone think that having to swap between analogue and d-pad controllers would be a good idea. It's woefully uncontrollably.

All this could still be lived with if the game played even remotely well, but it doesn't - it's dire...I could have bought a diet coke with that money and really enjoyed it. Now I just have a drinks coaster instead.

LF.
Thu 11/07/02 at 08:35
Yesterday lunchtime as I wondered around town after buying a sandwich, I popped in Dixons and noticed stuffed right in a corner they had a single Dreamcast game. No box or instructions, just the CD.

The price was 97p, but there was a 50% off sticker on it...and the game, "Tomb Raider: The Last Revalation". I really enjoyed the original Tomb Raider, but since that first one the follow ups have been very poor. But for 49p, I was willing to take the risk - and hoped this would have something approaching the enjoyement of the original.

Not only is this game the worst Tomb Raider game I have ever played. I think it surpasses Carmaggedon 64 as the worst game ever (in my book).

Graphically, really basic - setting a new record in lo-poly models I think. The textures look very low res, and you can see the obvious joins on something like a wall.

However, even with this low poly world, and lo-res textures, the frame rate stutters all the time.

This is not the worst thing though, this is reserved for the control method. You walk and side step with the analogue pad, and run with the d-pad. Why oh why oh why would anyone think that having to swap between analogue and d-pad controllers would be a good idea. It's woefully uncontrollably.

All this could still be lived with if the game played even remotely well, but it doesn't - it's dire...I could have bought a diet coke with that money and really enjoyed it. Now I just have a drinks coaster instead.

LF.
Thu 11/07/02 at 16:47
Regular
49p my...
Thu 11/07/02 at 16:50
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
LOL you are complaining about a game that cost you 49p?
Thu 11/07/02 at 17:00
Regular
It's true the game is truly terrible, I got it with my Dreamcast and it stunk so bad. I couldn't even be bothered to play through the training section it was just crap.
Thu 11/07/02 at 17:16
"Uzi Lover"
I got Urban Chaos or something for like a quid or so. Well my Mum and Dad saw it cheap and got it...put it in once. Crap.
Thu 11/07/02 at 17:22
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Hello Jesus...... you big edder!

;D
Thu 11/07/02 at 17:51
Regular
"  "
I got Libero Grande for 46p but it gave me motion sickness. It was really good though.
Thu 11/07/02 at 18:00
Regular
I wouldn't worry about it. The game got 10/10 didn't it? And for 49pence, it's worth it. Carmageddon 64's a real laugh, but I wouldn't own it. If I saw it for 49p though...
Thu 11/07/02 at 18:04
Na†ßu© wrote:
> I got Libero Grande for 46p but it gave me motion sickness. It was
> really good though.

You ponce :P
Thu 11/07/02 at 18:08
Regular
What's Libero Grande like?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.