GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Classic quotes from games."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/07/02 at 00:55
Regular
well, Here you can compile your list of many quotes from game characters. You must alos give a reason for why it is a classic gaming quote.

----------------- --------------------- ------------

My first quote is from the deaply atmospheric Max Payne. At the very start of the game we see him standing at the top of a tall building in New York, with Snow falling down around him.

"They were all dead… that last shot of gunfire signalled the exclamation mark to everything that had led to this point… I released my finger from the trigger… it was all over…"

This is a great quote as it sets the tone of the game. A dark, sinister story with lots of 'Gun-Ho' shoot outs! Excellent stuff.
Thu 11/07/02 at 01:51
Regular
or if you are beating the living HELL outa some poor old lady, you can hear a hill billy shout,

"You havin' fun over there?"
Thu 11/07/02 at 01:45
Regular
funniest is definitely when you are stood on top of a building in GTA3, gunning people down,
instead of running up the stairs and arresting you, the cops will just stand there and shout

"GET THAT GUY!"
Thu 11/07/02 at 01:43
Regular
"gsybe you!"
"Only one house, will prevail"

The moody intro to Dune II
Thu 11/07/02 at 01:29
Regular
"Kick, Chop, it's all in the mind!"

Chinese Onion Karate man from Parappa the rappa on PS ONE
Thu 11/07/02 at 01:15
Regular
"gsybe you!"
"I got him! I got one!"

"Great kid! - don't get cocky!"

Superb film quote transported excellently to Rogue Leader.
Thu 11/07/02 at 01:15
Regular
"You lousy driver!"

An old git from Crazy Taxi. He says it with such venom in his voice.
Thu 11/07/02 at 01:12
Regular
"Turn the game console off now!"

or any of the other screwed up messeges by the colnel in MGS2
Thu 11/07/02 at 01:07
Regular
At the end of Mario 64 when Peach kisses Mario's nose and he yells:

"HERE WE GOOOOO!"
Thu 11/07/02 at 01:03
Regular
duke nukem:

"Its time to kick a** and chew bubble gum, and I'm all outta gum"
Thu 11/07/02 at 01:03
Regular
"gsybe you!"
The Sims:

"Kanarlf-al-youishgh?"

"Yopui!"

"oooooo hehehehe!"

"woof woof!"

"jdgl-schnickle!"

......................?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.