GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What ever happened to...."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/07/02 at 00:33
Regular
What ever happened to good old side scrolling beat em ups, surely every one can remember them. I remember the first one I ever played on my nes, it was Kung-fu, what a classic!

Obviously as time went on side scrolling beat em ups got better and more sophisticated,
i.e.
Streets of rage 1&2
Batman Returns - snes
Turtles in time - snes

These games were absolute classics which I still play today,

Just imagine what they could do with one now!
Why don't they make a new Streets of rage or final fight or something, I bet they'd be amazing!

Just a thought anyway,
anyone else agree??
Thu 11/07/02 at 09:07
Regular
"  "
What about Tekken Force mode. Kinda 3D yes, but not a bad revamped version of 2D scroll 'em ups. Although I did like Golden Axe :D
Thu 11/07/02 at 00:36
Regular
or shinobi
dynamite dux,

and the spectrums effort : saboteur
Thu 11/07/02 at 00:35
Regular
".......on the attac"
or Alex the Kidd in Shinobi World?
Thu 11/07/02 at 00:34
Regular
yeah, those were great,

how about double dragon
or golden axe
Thu 11/07/02 at 00:33
Regular
What ever happened to good old side scrolling beat em ups, surely every one can remember them. I remember the first one I ever played on my nes, it was Kung-fu, what a classic!

Obviously as time went on side scrolling beat em ups got better and more sophisticated,
i.e.
Streets of rage 1&2
Batman Returns - snes
Turtles in time - snes

These games were absolute classics which I still play today,

Just imagine what they could do with one now!
Why don't they make a new Streets of rage or final fight or something, I bet they'd be amazing!

Just a thought anyway,
anyone else agree??

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.