GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Not the usual"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/07/02 at 23:04
Regular
She turned to him and said “I don’t want to do this anymore”.
He thought for a moment, shrugged and walked out the door. And as he left, he felt a weight lifting from his shoulders.
He walked with a spring in his step for the 1st time in months, he practically floated down the road.
He knew she was watching from the doorway, seeing if he’d turn around or break down in the street and that made him laugh. He was glad she couldn’t see his face, let her have this moment of thinking she had pulled his world down.

As he rounded the corner, he was almost in tears of laughter.
He’d been considering ending this anyway, let’s face it. But her actions had allowed him to leave without feeling guilty for bringing it up.
It started as they all do.
Excitement, laughter, the finding out of things about a person that made it feel fresh and new. And finally seeing her in front of him naked, seeing if his imagination measured up to the reality.
All that good stuff.
But, as with every other time in the history of this race, it settled down into familiarity and comfort.
He knew her routines and words, how she would react to any given situation and to be honest, he was fed up with it.

So when she said she wanted to end it, he thought for a moment and walked.
And within 3 weeks of the end of “the most perfect thing in his life”, he was out with new women.
And they were just as important as the one that tried to finish him.
The only problem was, he had never really been that bothered about where he ended up in life, so anything that happened didn’t upset him too much.
Oh sure, he felt sad and quiet for a bit, but that was good for the soul. Those pangs of sadness really turned on the creative juices and he got endless mileage out of it, put it to good use and wrote that sweet stuff down in case he needed inspiration later.
He had a list of the best lies he’d ever heard and told:

It’s not you, it’s me
I just need space
Of course there’s nobody else
I’ll always think of you
You meant so much to me
This is complicated
You don’t understand
We’ll still be friends
No I’ve never felt like this before
If I could turn back the clock, I would
I didn’t mean to say those things
I understand
I’m not ready for anyone right now
Loveyoumissyoumeanitbye!

Let me explain, dear reader, what the honest truth was.

It doesn’t matter how nice you are, how well you can write or how easily it comes to express those things we all feel but mostly feel unable to express.
If you put anyone else but you first? You’ll end up sobbing like a baby and spewing out 2nd rate poetry to try and communicate how heavy and important it all meant to you and how you couldn’t possibly continue without that person.
When the truth is something quite different – you will cope, you will survive and you will move on.
So what do you do? What did he do?
He got that emotional deadweight out of his life raft, just tossed that stuff overboard and waited for something to rescue him.
And he was rescued.
Oh, but don’t think it was a fair maiden intent on seeing “the good inside” of him or any of that Hallmark crap.
No, he was saved by the knowledge that if you want to have fun, if you want to enjoy yourself? You have to stop lying to yourself about what you want from “life” and get out there and take it.

He wanted women.
Not just one, and not a soulmate that “understood where you come from”.
No, he wanted to sample it all, to live like a king and use that for good.
So, 3 weeks after walking away from 3 years of submission, humiliation and self-debasement, he strapped on his game face and went for it.
And he realised how stupid he had been to think about it like it meant anything.
It was easy to land them, there’s nothing to it.
They all want to hear the same thing, but don’t be too nice about it all or you’ll be seen as “a good friend”.
Nope, you have to pretend like you’re doing them a favour. Make them work for it, trust me on this, it’s better than chasing after them like a dog left at a campsite.

You don’t believe me? You want to write this off as bitter, angry revenge talk?
If that makes you comfortable then by all means put it down to that.
He had spent the weekend playing the game and he had won. No telephone number given afterwards, no promises of anything further.
He went out on Friday, drank the drink, voiced the script and left there Saturday afternoon.
Did the same on Sunday too with another one.
You’re still thinking this is just hurt and wounded inner-feelings of sorrow?
Ok, here’s how to do it:

Just say the right things, smile here, insert a joke there and by the end of the night with enough practice? You’re not spending the evening alone.
It’s like playing a video-game it’s that easy.
Really, it is.
Push the buttons and Open Sesame!
Confuse them with sex or the lack of it. Keep them guessing or once they think they have you figured out?
They’ll be onto the next.
Hey brother, don’t get angry at me for telling you the cold hard truth here.
I didn’t make the rules, I just play them better.
Try it, next time you fancy feeling like a god?
Studied indifference and nonchalance will beat emotive, timid little mortals every single time.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to write an email to another one telling them how much I enjoyed the weekend and how much fun they are/funny they are/interesting to talk to/good to be around/special I felt with them. (delete as applicable).

Sorry, what was that?
You thought this was going to be another one of those woeful and cringing missives about how lonely he is without her and how much he misses her?

Nope, this is nothing but the honest, brutal truth about men and women.
Oh now wait, obviously not *you* and your partner – she’s perfect.

I meant the other guy.
Wed 04/09/02 at 16:30
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Busted indeed
Wed 04/09/02 at 14:22
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Goatboy wrote:
> BUSTED!!!!!

Heh, my favourite moment of the thread. One of my favourite threads in the history of the forums as it happens. Nice pop.

*wipes sentimental tear from the corner of his eye*
Wed 04/09/02 at 13:51
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Poppity.

Because this one is almost as funny as the one below.
Thu 18/07/02 at 15:38
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Oh yes.
Thu 18/07/02 at 15:32
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
I seem to remember you having to ask for yours back a couple of weeks ago - I trust from your recent posts that they were in fully functional order !!
Thu 18/07/02 at 15:23
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
He's probably asking for his balls back.
Thu 18/07/02 at 14:33
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Stryke wrote:
Who's going to argue out their
> relationship problems via the net? Surely he'd just call her or
> something.

It did strike me as odd yesterday that he would want to argue this out in a public forum. Very strange - and IB is conspicuous by his abscence today.
Thu 18/07/02 at 14:02
Regular
It's obviously all made-up. Who's going to argue out their relationship problems via the net? Surely he'd just call her or something.

Chuckle.
Thu 18/07/02 at 13:23
Regular
So IB's girlfriend is a man? No offence to you, Hev2222, I'm just trying to work this out logically.
Thu 18/07/02 at 06:58
Regular
"not dead"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Rosalind wrote:
> I find that offnesive, why would i not be female, what would I gain
> by
> lying?
>
> No need to get "offneded". It's simple fact that the
> mojority of internet regulars are male, and also a known fact that
> many guys masquerade as women on the internet to get attention.
>
> Something I learned a long time ago, is that on the internet, you're
> either an obvious male, or your "sexless".
>
> People like you and Mystique come into the latter category for me, and
> will remain there unless for some reason we should ever meet in
> person.

Reading this, it's a got me a thinking....

I don't reckon Hev2222 is a lass. I mean, as you say, the majority of internet regulars are male, though Hev2222 is'nt a regular user of these forums.

I guess to be, Hev2222 is either an obvious male, or "sexless".

Either that or you signed up for another account, and are arguing with yourself, just to create some excitement. :op

Heh, this cynical and mistrusting thing is kind of fun.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.