GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does anyone remember..?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/07/02 at 15:03
Regular
There was a game on the BBC. I cant remember much.. just a rabbit, or hare legging it round the screen with loadsa cryptic clues underneath..

If you solved the clues it would lead you to a pot of real gold somewhere in the UK. Did anyone ever find it or is it still out there somewhere??

Does anyone know what I'm talking about??
Wed 10/07/02 at 21:28
Regular
"I confused?"
I can't remeber that. I'm probably too young.
Wed 10/07/02 at 20:25
Regular
"Acid Casual"
I think the game was based on a book.. that must be it.

See I wasnt mad after all.
Wed 10/07/02 at 16:36
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Jewel of The Golden Hare!!!!!!

I completely forgot about that!!
Jesus christ.
I had the book with the paintings in, it was awesome. I could only have been a kid.

My god..cheers Craw
Wed 10/07/02 at 16:34
Regular
"Acid Casual"
I'm gonna make it my sole purpose in life to find that Hare.
Wed 10/07/02 at 16:32
Regular
Well at least that's better than a ginger one.
Wed 10/07/02 at 16:12
Regular
"Acid Casual"
It was a gold hare.
Wed 10/07/02 at 16:02
Regular
So did anyone get the Pot of Gold?
Wed 10/07/02 at 15:43
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Look at the golden hare!!!

http://www.gregor.bond007.co.uk/c64harer.htm

Its more beautiful than I could have possibly imagined.
Wed 10/07/02 at 15:39
Regular
"Acid Casual"
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/ ~jimg/yr11/yr11_03.htm#Hareraiser

Here we go - it's just like Fleet Street all over again! Only it's not Bingo this time, but sorting out the clues from an adventure program.
HareSoft, a new company on the software scene, has announced a treasure hunt based on its latest package Hairaiser. And the winner could take away Kit Williams' Jewel of the Golden Hare (of Masquerade fame) or £30,000. And for those without calculators that's £5,000 more than you'll win at Domark's Eureka.

HAHAHHHHHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA IN YOUR FACE NON BELIEVERS!!!!!!!

http://www.armchair-treasure-hunt.com/ past/masquerade.htm

Ken, along with John Guard, also set-up a company called Haresoft. They created a 2-part computer game called Hareraiser, which they released in 1985, offering the golden hare as the prize to the first person to solve the puzzle hidden within it.

However, in 1988, the company went into liquidation and they were forced to sell the hare. It was auctioned off at Sotheby's and was bought by an anonymous bidder for a price in the region of £30 000. Kit Williams attended the auction, but was forced to drop out in the early stages.

The hare was auctioned off again 10 years later and Kit also turned up at that auction to try and get the hare back, but the auction was won by another anonymous bidder.

Since then, the whereabouts of the hare has become unknown.
Wed 10/07/02 at 15:29
Regular
"Acid Casual"
I'm off to scour the net for this and prove to you lot that it exists!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.