GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm selling my N64......"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/07/02 at 12:51
Regular
Yes, I am selling the console I loved for so long, and defended agaisnt onslaughts from PS owners. ;)

Anyhoo - £70 with 10 games and two controllers. For a Soundstation 3 and a GC game. 'Sacrilege!' I hear some of you cry! Well, I am just moving my Nintendo experiance over to the next generation. It got me thinking.......

The N64 generation for me, started way back in the mid/late 1990s. I was at some posh hotel, and they had an N64, running Goldeneye, and some others. Needless to say, I never played the others. Goldeneye hooked me. It was the first time I had played on an N64, and I loved every single second of the many hours I spent on it. When we left, I was suffering withdrawl symptomns!

After that, any money me and my brother got went stright to getting a N64 with Goldenye (remember those £100 deals?) Finaly, after birthdays and Christmasses, we walked into Dixons, and came out clutching our new idol.
As soon as we got home, Goldeneye hijacked the TV and did not let go.
For months, it satisfied us. Then my friend lent me Mario 64. The TV nearly broke. I bought it off him on the cheap, and adored it alojg with Goldeneye. Despite not haveing much cash, I had managed to get two of the best games ever made......

Then it was my birthday. £50 arrived for me. N64 mag said Zelda was a good game (understatement) I bought it. My life was complete. I had the three best games for the N64, and nothing else mattered! Zelda, Mario and Goldeneye hooked me for ages. Anyway, I soon branched out, and Turok: Rage Wars, Forsaken, and F1 97 soon added the list, all from SR (of course!)
These were great, and helped me along in my search for mor Nintendo goodness. Then I got DK64, with an exp pack ,for a ludicrous amount of cash. I did not care - I've only just finished it! Then I got JFG - yet another superb Rare game. Then Perfect Dark arrived. This was the golden age of gaming for me. I had some of the biggest, greatest games ever made, and I could play on all of them. Controllers, memory cards et al followed, and i loved it. It was real perfection.

Then the N64 turned downwards.......I had so many large good games, I need not of bought anymore. Not much else for the N64 mattered. Slowly, but surely it faded away from the market, but I still loved it........then Nintendo began to announce a new console. This was the sad time. N64 mag was painfuly thin and lacking in new reviews. The golden times had ended. The N64 was slowly dying. New projects like 'Eternal Darkness' and 'Dinosaur Planet' appeared. I waited.......slowly my N64 fell away. A revisit to Zelda kept it going. The GC effectively killed it off. Now I wait for GC Zelda, PD 2 and Mario Sunshine, and say thank you to my N64 for all the amazing games it gave me. For me, that period of having PD, DK64, Mario, OOT, Goldeneye, JFG and many more was the best gaming time of my life. Thank you, N64.
Wed 10/07/02 at 12:51
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Yes, I am selling the console I loved for so long, and defended agaisnt onslaughts from PS owners. ;)

Anyhoo - £70 with 10 games and two controllers. For a Soundstation 3 and a GC game. 'Sacrilege!' I hear some of you cry! Well, I am just moving my Nintendo experiance over to the next generation. It got me thinking.......

The N64 generation for me, started way back in the mid/late 1990s. I was at some posh hotel, and they had an N64, running Goldeneye, and some others. Needless to say, I never played the others. Goldeneye hooked me. It was the first time I had played on an N64, and I loved every single second of the many hours I spent on it. When we left, I was suffering withdrawl symptomns!

After that, any money me and my brother got went stright to getting a N64 with Goldenye (remember those £100 deals?) Finaly, after birthdays and Christmasses, we walked into Dixons, and came out clutching our new idol.
As soon as we got home, Goldeneye hijacked the TV and did not let go.
For months, it satisfied us. Then my friend lent me Mario 64. The TV nearly broke. I bought it off him on the cheap, and adored it alojg with Goldeneye. Despite not haveing much cash, I had managed to get two of the best games ever made......

Then it was my birthday. £50 arrived for me. N64 mag said Zelda was a good game (understatement) I bought it. My life was complete. I had the three best games for the N64, and nothing else mattered! Zelda, Mario and Goldeneye hooked me for ages. Anyway, I soon branched out, and Turok: Rage Wars, Forsaken, and F1 97 soon added the list, all from SR (of course!)
These were great, and helped me along in my search for mor Nintendo goodness. Then I got DK64, with an exp pack ,for a ludicrous amount of cash. I did not care - I've only just finished it! Then I got JFG - yet another superb Rare game. Then Perfect Dark arrived. This was the golden age of gaming for me. I had some of the biggest, greatest games ever made, and I could play on all of them. Controllers, memory cards et al followed, and i loved it. It was real perfection.

Then the N64 turned downwards.......I had so many large good games, I need not of bought anymore. Not much else for the N64 mattered. Slowly, but surely it faded away from the market, but I still loved it........then Nintendo began to announce a new console. This was the sad time. N64 mag was painfuly thin and lacking in new reviews. The golden times had ended. The N64 was slowly dying. New projects like 'Eternal Darkness' and 'Dinosaur Planet' appeared. I waited.......slowly my N64 fell away. A revisit to Zelda kept it going. The GC effectively killed it off. Now I wait for GC Zelda, PD 2 and Mario Sunshine, and say thank you to my N64 for all the amazing games it gave me. For me, that period of having PD, DK64, Mario, OOT, Goldeneye, JFG and many more was the best gaming time of my life. Thank you, N64.
Wed 10/07/02 at 13:26
Regular
"Long time no see!"
You'll regret it....

But for ONLY £70!??? You should get much more!!
Back in the day, you'd be paying that much for one N64 game alone!
You should consider doubling that price I reckon.

After all, it's not that often you see someone selling an N64 with 10 great games and an incredible THREE controllers - official ones too!

It shouldn't really be going for less than £120!

Just think... then you'd be able to by the Soundstation, a game, and more! :D
Wed 10/07/02 at 13:42
Regular
That's actually a preety good price considering you can pick up a Dreamcast with about 20 games for the same. I sold my N64 before the Cube came in so i got a hell of a lot of money for it, putting the games on Ebay I was getting near to the original price I payed for them, hell I got triple the original price I payed for Rocket Robot on Wheels.

Nowadays N64's go for much cheaper, I wish I still had mine, I wanna play Banjo Tooie that game ruled so much.
Wed 10/07/02 at 16:08
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
See if you can sell the stuff seperatly, you may get moer money for them like on Ebay
Wed 10/07/02 at 16:25
"Mimmargh!"
RIP N64, we loved you dearly.

I know what you mean, I had all those games and they were great!
You really shouldn't sell it, though the Cube is VERY good.
I love retro gaming, and you should consider keeping hold of your N64.
Wed 10/07/02 at 16:34
Regular
"gsybe you!"
But I have completed all the games (except Goldeneye 00 Agent mode on Control! AHHHHHHH!!!!!)

I want to have cash for the Cube later this year!
Wed 10/07/02 at 16:54
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
and I could play on all of them. Controllers, memory cards
> et al followed, and i loved it. It was real perfection.

what does et al mean ?

and you should sell it separatley , you'll get much more , as lots of the people that will buy the games dont need the n64 , it's just luck that someone will want the n64 aswell.
Wed 10/07/02 at 17:12
Regular
I'm never gonna sell my N64...Made that mistake with the SNES and missed it when it was gone...Bought a 2nd hand SNES again not too long ago...

I probably wont even touch my N64 for a few years but I know that one day i will feel the urge to ride around on Epona in Hyrule again...Or perhaps PI55 on them rock-geezer thingys in that night club on CBFD...quality stuff.
Wed 10/07/02 at 17:20
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I know.......Bob-omb Battlefield with a flying cap.........Epona on Hyrule Fieild...............Datadyne Infiltration.....

Ah well. Zelda GC and Mario Sunshine and PD 2 Await!
Wed 10/07/02 at 17:26
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
I havn't had my N64 more than 15 months. I brought it from a friend for 25 quid with Goldeneye, Zelda, South Park and (eergh) Pokemon Stadium. A Bargun or what??

Before i brought it i was into Sony. After buying it i saw the light and turned from the eveil playstation. If it wasn't for my mate I would own a Playstation 2 (CRAP) insted of a Gamecube. A true friend indeed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.