GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Microsoft"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/11/00 at 20:04
Regular
I would have to agree on the decision that Microsoft should split into two companies.

The main reason for this is because we would pay the biggest prices(even though they are already overpriced) because all the other companies would not survive with them. And Bill Gates (don't like him) would rule the world with all his money.

But the only thing that bothers me about the decision is that I heard the X-BOX may be in trouble because if the split happens they cannot decide which company would produce it.

Anyway HA HA Bill Gates I hope you lose your money ( he sold me a dodgy gamepad once)
Thu 09/11/00 at 16:36
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
It's been bugging me how they are going to work the split, though. What are they going to do, call one Microsoft, and the other one Microsoft II? Then the only cost would be a new stationery order for business cards and compliments slips etc. And despite all the stick I give to old Bill, I actually owe him a lot, as we all do, for without him home computing would not have taken off so quickly in the 1980's as it did. (The fact that Windows 2000 will put computing back by about 20 years did cross my mind, but I'm not going to post it here.)

Ooops.
Thu 09/11/00 at 14:54
"possibly impossible"
To be honest, most of the Microsoft divisions are pretty separate anyway and they wouldn't notice too much if the company was broken down futher. The man who sees all the profits would still be Mr Gates himself though, and I'm sure he's not the ogre that a lot of the press will have you believe, he's simply a guy who had an interest in technology and made a few right decisions which led to his company becoming successful.

Besides, Bill Gates has very little to do with the design and implementation of most of Microsoft's projects these days, he just seems to be a scapegoat for people to blame when their stuff goes wrong. If anyone knows Bill personally and can dispute this then I won't argue.
Thu 09/11/00 at 14:37
Regular
Any way we can destroy gates is good with me...

Why?

I lost $40 billion to him on a bet about the abacus being more successful a few years back...
Wed 08/11/00 at 20:25
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I heard some where that Microsoft put bugs in their products, that will shut it down at a time so you need to but another product. And most idiots would still but Microsoft because there is hardly any other companies.
Wed 08/11/00 at 20:04
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I would have to agree on the decision that Microsoft should split into two companies.

The main reason for this is because we would pay the biggest prices(even though they are already overpriced) because all the other companies would not survive with them. And Bill Gates (don't like him) would rule the world with all his money.

But the only thing that bothers me about the decision is that I heard the X-BOX may be in trouble because if the split happens they cannot decide which company would produce it.

Anyway HA HA Bill Gates I hope you lose your money ( he sold me a dodgy gamepad once)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.