GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game reviews on a few games i might buy...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/07/02 at 21:34
Regular
ok, can some of you guys gimme sum reveiws on the following games i might get?

1) Shenmue II
2) HeadHunter
3) Resident Evil: Code Veronica
4) Spiderman [Yes i know its not based on the movie, thats y i want it ;)]

thx
-=M@ty=-
Mon 15/07/02 at 09:11
Regular
"Remember me?"
Shenmue II

Well... hmmm... despite the incredibly large amount of praise that this game has recieved, it's not all it's cracked up to be. In fact, it's pretty crap really. It's the only Dreamcast game that I've ever owned that I didn't enjoy. Fair play, the graphics are pushing the Dreamcast to its' limits, but the dodgy controls and monotonous gameplay just don't make this game worth buying or playing.

Headhunter

Now this is more like it!!! It's vaguely similar to Metal Gear Solid, only with a more intuitive control system and far better graphics (in my opinion, before any of you PlayStation nerds pipe up with any remarks). It's also not so story-dependent as MGS, so you actually spend more time playing than watching cut-scenes.

Resident Evil Code: Veronica

This is one genuinely scary game, and one that you'll never truly appreciate unless you play it well into the night. I guarentee that you will have trouble sleeping. The graphics and FMV are spectacular and the story is just enthralling enough to keep you hooked without drifting into the FMV-a-thon territory occupied by certain games (Metal Gear Solid 2, I'm looking in your general direction). My only complain with Code: Veronica is that Capcom still haven't sorted out their "classic" survival / horror control system, which truly does suck big-time.

Spider-Man

Ooooooh! Don't get me started on this game!!! I LOVE it. If it wasn't frowned upon or deemed psychotic, I'd MARRY this game. Fair enough, it's a frankly lazy port of the PlayStation game, with shabby graphics, a vaguely dodgy control system and a story that was blatantly conjured up to "hide" the blinding amount of fog... but it's still so much fun to play. It's got a host of the best villians (including my favourites, Venom and Carnage), corny comic-book script and the cut-scenes aren't all that bad. It's a short game, and you'll have it licked with the hour... but there's enough here worth unlocking to keep your attention. You NEED this game, which itself is a prime example that good graphics don't make the game... the amount of fun you have with it does.
Tue 09/07/02 at 21:23
Regular
Ok, thanks, they were a lot of help, I'll try to get em all if i can bribe sum money outta my parents,

-=M@ty=-
Mon 08/07/02 at 22:51
Regular
Shemnue II: phenomenal graphics, awesome atmosphere, engaging story - can be slow moving, but there's so much to explore and see - a special game in every way. 9/10.

Headhunter: very good action/adventure, lots of stealth gameplay and excellent graphics. 8/10.

RE: Code Veronica: easily the best game in the series with a surprising plot. 9/10.

Spiderman: never played it.
Mon 08/07/02 at 21:48
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
M@ty wrote:
> ok, can some of you guys gimme sum reveiws on the following games i
> might get?
>
> 1) Shenmue II
> 2) HeadHunter
> 3) Resident Evil: Code Veronica
> 4) Spiderman [Yes i know its not based on the movie, thats y i want it
> ;)]
>
> thx
> -=M@ty=-

--Shenmue 2 - very original! I think its on par with the original if not better! Explore what you like, do what you like, see what you want to see, interact with anyone, get a job, explore! The story mode is also fantastic, with QTE's, and amazing fighting scenes using teh Virtua Fighter engine.... its so hard to review a game like this because its very original, its hard to compare or describe. Basically it is you living your life and at teh same time avenging ur fathers death, great storyline.

--Headhunter - This is sooo underestimated. Beautiful graphics and is completely different to Metal Gear Solid as people have been saying. Control is great and you are Jack Wade trying to uncover secrets, I really dont want to give the game away. But some loevly areas, and great scenes on your motor bike. Shooting someone has never been more pleasurable.

--Resident Evil Code Veronica - I haev to confess I have never played this game..... all I know is that this is the best Resident Evil EVER released! It is supposed to be SUPERB!! A must buy, I dont own it, but im gonan buy it soon. Typical resi evil game with amazing in-game graphics aswell as cut scenes.

--Spiderman - Never played this, it looks good, however its supposed to be average. I really cant say anymore as I have only seen screens of this game and read reviews. Apparently some camera angles are a bit annoying and its a tad too short.

Hope this has helped a little, I know the reviews are vague but I dont want to give much away to other readers who might have not played these games yet.

Thanx.
Mon 08/07/02 at 21:34
Regular
ok, can some of you guys gimme sum reveiws on the following games i might get?

1) Shenmue II
2) HeadHunter
3) Resident Evil: Code Veronica
4) Spiderman [Yes i know its not based on the movie, thats y i want it ;)]

thx
-=M@ty=-

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.