GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grand Theft Auto: Mice City"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/07/02 at 21:23
Regular
Rockstar have done it again, once more raising the bar when it comes to shocking scenes and stunning game-play with their latest release, Grand Theft Auto: Mice City.

In the previous games you thought that you were as low as you could go, think again, this game really puts you in the gutter. You thought you were dealing with scum before? Check out the characters here for real vermin.

Set in totally new surroundings Mice City puts you in the role of Frankie, a mouse fresh out of prison, and out to find the rat that put him away, but he'll need to make all the right connections to do so, and deal with some pretty dodgy characters along the way.

The game is pretty much free roaming, if you like you can simply wander in an out of mouse-holes all day trying to steal cheese, but the real fun can be found when you get hold of some weapons and do some serious damage to the neighbourhood. With flame-throwers you can really turn the tables on the local cats, and the range of guns will be a great threat if you wish to hold anyone up, or simply shoot them in their little mouse faces.

When you feel like moving through the game though there are several options, again adding to the open feel to the game. If you like you can become a runner, and do the dangerous clock runs, making sure you can run down by 1 o'clock. Maybe you'll decide to do jobs for the three blind mice, culminating in helping them to bring down the farmer's wife that cut of their tales many years before.

Whatever you decide to do you'll be astounded by the amazing graphics. Rockstar have spent countless hours accurately re-creating sewers, alley-ways and typical streets and houses to make this without doubt the best looking game based on mouse crime to date. Also credit has to be given to the animators after there were so many reported problems trying to get accurate motion capture from real mice.

The sound is also second to none, with a huge variety in the length and pitch of squeaks, giving each character a wholly unique sound and character. Weapons sounds are also perfect, if you have the volume up loud enough neighbours may well believe that you really are firing a mouse-sized Uzi in your living room! The music is also fantastic, with some real funky tunes settling you right into the seedy underworld of criminal activity common amongst city mice.

Overall this is looking to be a superb game, certain to take the crown from it's predecessor. Top marks once again to Rockstar!
Mon 08/07/02 at 21:23
Regular
"not dead"
Rockstar have done it again, once more raising the bar when it comes to shocking scenes and stunning game-play with their latest release, Grand Theft Auto: Mice City.

In the previous games you thought that you were as low as you could go, think again, this game really puts you in the gutter. You thought you were dealing with scum before? Check out the characters here for real vermin.

Set in totally new surroundings Mice City puts you in the role of Frankie, a mouse fresh out of prison, and out to find the rat that put him away, but he'll need to make all the right connections to do so, and deal with some pretty dodgy characters along the way.

The game is pretty much free roaming, if you like you can simply wander in an out of mouse-holes all day trying to steal cheese, but the real fun can be found when you get hold of some weapons and do some serious damage to the neighbourhood. With flame-throwers you can really turn the tables on the local cats, and the range of guns will be a great threat if you wish to hold anyone up, or simply shoot them in their little mouse faces.

When you feel like moving through the game though there are several options, again adding to the open feel to the game. If you like you can become a runner, and do the dangerous clock runs, making sure you can run down by 1 o'clock. Maybe you'll decide to do jobs for the three blind mice, culminating in helping them to bring down the farmer's wife that cut of their tales many years before.

Whatever you decide to do you'll be astounded by the amazing graphics. Rockstar have spent countless hours accurately re-creating sewers, alley-ways and typical streets and houses to make this without doubt the best looking game based on mouse crime to date. Also credit has to be given to the animators after there were so many reported problems trying to get accurate motion capture from real mice.

The sound is also second to none, with a huge variety in the length and pitch of squeaks, giving each character a wholly unique sound and character. Weapons sounds are also perfect, if you have the volume up loud enough neighbours may well believe that you really are firing a mouse-sized Uzi in your living room! The music is also fantastic, with some real funky tunes settling you right into the seedy underworld of criminal activity common amongst city mice.

Overall this is looking to be a superb game, certain to take the crown from it's predecessor. Top marks once again to Rockstar!
Mon 08/07/02 at 21:30
Regular
excellent sounding game grix, send your ideas away now!!:-)
Mon 08/07/02 at 21:30
Regular
"I Feel Depressed!"
Very Funny!
Made me laugh!!!!
Mon 08/07/02 at 21:32
Regular
"Acid Casual"
You may actually laugh but I've been to Mousetown.

http://www.animalarium.co.uk/
Mon 08/07/02 at 21:35
Regular
"not dead"
KR wrote:
> excellent sounding game grix, send your ideas away now!!:-)

Grix?

GRIX?

You think Grix....could do THIS?

DO YOU?

Bah!

Heh, just kidding. But it were me, nto Grix, as I'm sure you can see. :op
Mon 08/07/02 at 21:35
Regular
LOL! Brilliant, as usual, Meka

Find the rat that got you put away, brilliant :-D
Mon 08/07/02 at 21:51
I can not understand this weird chat maybe I'm getting old?
Mon 08/07/02 at 21:58
Regular
sorry Meka :p, aint seen you posting a good topic like that in a while
Tue 09/07/02 at 14:58
Regular
"not dead"
KR wrote:
> sorry Meka :p, aint seen you posting a good topic like that in a while

No worries KR, I don't post quite as much as I used to, only a few posts a week after work blocked the site, and they're spread around other forums a bit.
Tue 09/07/02 at 15:39
Regular
*grins*

Maybe we should tell them, Meka.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.