GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A lick of paint does wonders"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/07/02 at 17:34
Regular
Check out

http://www.xboxmaniacs.com/xbox/features/PaintingXbox.htm

and look down the page at the pictures of what some nutter done to his Xbox. I think it looks cool actually, but I wouldn't risk making my Xbox look crap.

Improvement or not?
Tue 09/07/02 at 16:31
Regular
That looks cool, but it'd probably make your room stink of paint. I like the xbox on how it is anyway.
Tue 09/07/02 at 14:35
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well yeah but I decided to go with the current price it would cost to replace the machine. ;-)

I never had that problem with the stickers I tried out on my old PS1. Might end up different on an X-Box though. ;-)
Tue 09/07/02 at 13:32
"High polygon count"
savatt1668 wrote:
> Its certainly an interesting idea although its takes a lot of guts to
> do that to a £200 console.

Or a £300 console, depending on when you bought it! :-)

Q. How many gallons of paint does it take to cover an Xbox? ;-p

The problem with those stickers you mention is that the glue eventually dries out (especially with the heat from the machine), and they end up curling at the edges and peeling off, which basically leaves you with a bloody mess!

That paintjob does look cool, but I don't think I'll be doing mine any time soon!
Mon 08/07/02 at 18:56
Regular
"BOSE"
that...is phat :D
Mon 08/07/02 at 18:32
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Have you ever seen the original design for the console ? It was basically a big silver X with the green jewel in the middle. :-) Looked really cool. :-)
Mon 08/07/02 at 18:07
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Savatt wrote:
> Has to be said though it did look pretty nice. :-)

A silver Xbox like that must be released! All consoles should be silver!
Mon 08/07/02 at 18:03
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Its certainly an interesting idea although its takes a lot of guts to do that to a £200 console. ;-) Has to be said though it did look pretty nice. :-)

Maybe someone could release X shaped stickers for the X-Box that you can by and apply to your console. A few shops stocked stickers for the original Playstation console which had various designs and pictures. The good thing about them was if you didn't want the sticker on the console anymore you could simply peel them off. I had a couple of designs on my old PS1 and I never had any trouble removing them.

So maybe a company should look into doing that. :-)
Mon 08/07/02 at 17:34
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Check out

http://www.xboxmaniacs.com/xbox/features/PaintingXbox.htm

and look down the page at the pictures of what some nutter done to his Xbox. I think it looks cool actually, but I wouldn't risk making my Xbox look crap.

Improvement or not?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.