GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Muppets are on our Consoles!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/07/02 at 16:39
Regular
Now I know what your thinking and yes its true the Muppets are controlling what we play but not as we know it.Its not the Muppet’s your thinking of like Kermit,Miss Piggy and Animal but more of producers and programmers who have showed us with some ease that they are muppets.The games that they have designed and made aren’t in some cases worthy enough to be put on a landfill site let alone in your living room sat next to that amazing piece of modern day technology which just so happens to be your console.
Now being a man who doesn’t like to mention any names I wont mention any names but because some of these games are so appallingly bad I feel that its in the interest of the nations safety to shame some of those who have committed crimes against games consoles.Here we go:
Capcom,you are charged with never releasing any playable demos of your games or if you do you wait for the 9th sequel to come out before you decide to move your butts and bring out a demo of the first game.
Konami have decided to bring out basically the same game twice.For example Metal Gear Solid 2:Sons Of Liberty and now Metal Gear Solid 2:Substance,exactly the same game with just a few extras chucked in for the heck of it.Also PES and now PES2,a little better,few glitches taken out and that’s about it.Im not trying to discredit the hard work and time that has gone in to these amazing games but what I’m trying to say is that why try to improve on a game that has already been a huge success.
I could go on for hours but I fear for your safety(if I carried on this would turn into a 10 page essay)Its time to stand up to these companies and be known.Don’t let them rip us off with all of these “brand new” games when we’ve seen them before.
Tue 09/07/02 at 13:01
Regular
"I like cheese"
This Ant certainly isn't part of our colony...well, at least he's not a cockroach.

KILL THE ROACHES! KILL THEM ALLLL!!!
Mon 08/07/02 at 21:56
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
asthmatic ant wrote:
> Now I know what your thinking and yes its true the Muppets are
> controlling what we play but not as we know it.Its not the Muppet’s
> your thinking of like Kermit,Miss Piggy and Animal but more of
> producers and programmers who have showed us with some ease that they
> are muppets.The games that they have designed and made aren’t in some
> cases worthy enough to be put on a landfill site let alone in your
> living room sat next to that amazing piece of modern day technology
> which just so happens to be your console.
> Now being a man who doesn’t like to mention any names I wont
> mention any names but because some of these games are so appallingly
> bad I feel that its in the interest of the nations safety to shame
> some of those who have committed crimes against games consoles.Here we
> go:
> Capcom,you are charged with never releasing any playable demos of
> your games or if you do you wait for the 9th sequel to come out before
> you decide to move your butts and bring out a demo of the first
> game.
> Konami have decided to bring out basically the same game
> twice.For example Metal Gear Solid 2:Sons Of Liberty and now Metal
> Gear Solid 2:Substance,exactly the same game with just a few extras
> chucked in for the heck of it.Also PES and now PES2,a little
> better,few glitches taken out and that’s about it.Im not trying to
> discredit the hard work and time that has gone in to these amazing
> games but what I’m trying to say is that why try to improve on a game
> that has already been a huge success.
> I could go on for hours but I fear for your safety(if I carried
> on this would turn into a 10 page essay)Its time to stand up to these
> companies and be known.Don’t let them rip us off with all of these
> “brand new” games when we’ve seen them before.

er-yes, well you would know all about programming, games design, production and marketing I suppose (seeing as you are an ant).

(Hey - you pinched that "seeing as" phrase from schroeder, and this talking to yourself bracket from Grix' Brain)
Mon 08/07/02 at 21:23
Regular
He meant to.
Mon 08/07/02 at 17:36
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
> And Skies of Arcadia is the best game ever.

HEY GRIX! HE DIDN'T SAY THAT!
Mon 08/07/02 at 17:20
Regular
Instead of just moaning, today I'm going to take the topic and put it as if I'd wrote it. Let's see.

--------------

Now I know what you're thinking... and yes, it's true, the Muppets are controlling what we play... but not as we know it.

It's not the Muppets you're thinking of, like Kermit, Miss Piggy and Animal... but more of producers and programmers who have showed us that they are themselves, in fact, utter muppets.

The games that they have designed and made aren’t, in some cases, worthy enough to be put on a landfill site let alone in your living room, sat next to that amazing piece of modern day technology which just so happens to be your console.

Now being a man who doesn’t like to mention any names... I won't mention any names. But because some of these games are so appallingly bad, I feel that it's in the interest of the nation's safety to shame some of those who have committed crimes against games consoles.

Here we go:

Capcom: You are charged with never releasing any playable demos of your games... or if you do, you wait for the 9th sequel to come out before you decide to move your butts and bring out a demo of the first game.

Konami have decided to bring out basically the same game twice. For example... Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty, and now Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance. Exactly the same game with just a few extras chucked in for the heck of it.

Also PES and now PES2, a little better, few glitches taken out and that’s about it.

I'm not trying to discredit the hard work and time that has gone into these amazing games... but what I’m trying to say is that why try to improve on a game that has already been a huge success?

I could go on for hours but I fear for your safety (If I carried on this would turn into a 10 page essay...). It's time to stand up to these companies and be known. Don’t let them rip us off with all of these “brand new” games when we’ve seen them before.

And Skies of Arcadia is the best game ever.
Mon 08/07/02 at 16:59
Regular
awesome n00b style... attempt....
Mon 08/07/02 at 16:58
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Excellent use of paragraphs
Mon 08/07/02 at 16:50
Regular
"Ghetto Fabulous"
Ehh , good point .
Mon 08/07/02 at 16:39
Regular
"Idiot at Heart"
Now I know what your thinking and yes its true the Muppets are controlling what we play but not as we know it.Its not the Muppet’s your thinking of like Kermit,Miss Piggy and Animal but more of producers and programmers who have showed us with some ease that they are muppets.The games that they have designed and made aren’t in some cases worthy enough to be put on a landfill site let alone in your living room sat next to that amazing piece of modern day technology which just so happens to be your console.
Now being a man who doesn’t like to mention any names I wont mention any names but because some of these games are so appallingly bad I feel that its in the interest of the nations safety to shame some of those who have committed crimes against games consoles.Here we go:
Capcom,you are charged with never releasing any playable demos of your games or if you do you wait for the 9th sequel to come out before you decide to move your butts and bring out a demo of the first game.
Konami have decided to bring out basically the same game twice.For example Metal Gear Solid 2:Sons Of Liberty and now Metal Gear Solid 2:Substance,exactly the same game with just a few extras chucked in for the heck of it.Also PES and now PES2,a little better,few glitches taken out and that’s about it.Im not trying to discredit the hard work and time that has gone in to these amazing games but what I’m trying to say is that why try to improve on a game that has already been a huge success.
I could go on for hours but I fear for your safety(if I carried on this would turn into a 10 page essay)Its time to stand up to these companies and be known.Don’t let them rip us off with all of these “brand new” games when we’ve seen them before.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.