GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Minor problem..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/07/02 at 11:00
Regular
I seem to be having difficulty typing properly today.

But that's not the issue. The issue is, there is this girl, at work. She doesn't work for my company, she is just a receptionist for the people who own the building we work in. Now. It just so happens that until recently, she lived in Chertsey (same town as the building I work in) and Chertsey train station (which is where I have to go to get home) is on her way home. She drives, I do not. I'm sure you can see where this leads.

On a small number of occasions, I have managed to get a lift to the station via this girl. The first occasion, I was just walking as I do, and she pulled over next to me, and asked if I wanted a lift. Fair enough, I thought, won't say no. Harmless really other than the fact we'd never spoken before that point, and you have to wonder what sort of girl offers a lift to total strangers?

But anyway, the other day, while walking to the station, she pulls over, and asks if I want a lift. Again, I leap in the car without hesitation. It is shortly after this that she tells me she recently moved out of her parents house, and now lives in Englefield Green. Englefield Green is literally right next to Egham, where I live. Kushty, thinks I, lift all the way home.

So, it ensues that I get a lift right to my doorstep. Now, she has offered to give me a lift INTO work on a daily basis, as I live so close, since she has to be there just before 9am, as I do. Also, she has proposed that she can give a lift back FROM work every other day (since she only finishes at 5:30 every other day).

So what's the problem I hear you say? Well, the possibility exists (not being bigheaded) that she is offering me this not only out of the goodness of her heart, but because she may eventually want something in return (if you know what I mean! If you don't - she wants me). Now, a few years ago, when I was not quite the person I am now, I would not only have accepted without delay, but I would have waited eagerly the chance to give her what she wanted. However, I'm not that guy anymore, and I wouldn't dishonour my girlfriend in that way VOLUNTARILLY.

You see, the real problem is, I am weak. Sure, it may come to pass that she wants nothing more than company on the way to and from work, but should it come to the crunch, do I have the will power to turn her down? I tell myself I do, I'm pretty sure I do, but having people want and crave you is an addictive experience, and all too easilly caught up in. I've been caught up in it before, the catalyst that ended my last relationship (besides the fact it was crap anyway) was me seeing some other bird on the side. At first, it was a dreadful mistake on my part. I got incredibly drunk, and had very little control over myself. I'm sure you can fill in the gaps. But it didn't end there. She liked it. She came back for more. Having already wallowed in the pit of sin, I had no will to resist further advance, so I slept with her several times before I called it quits (at which she went somewhat psycho...) and then shortly afterwards put an end to my "actual" relationship.

Come to think of it, it's not the only sinful thing I've done. I slept with a 15 year old girl when I was 19. Why? Because I could. And that's the point here. I CAN do it, so more often than not, I WILL do it.

For the sake of a lift home, should I tempt fate, and endanger another relationship?

Should I put myself in the path of temptation?

IB
Thu 18/07/02 at 22:01
Regular
"I like cheese"
Dr Duck wrote:
> Oh yeah, and if this thread had been less concerned with the lift
> woman, and more concerned with the 15 yr old, this thread would have
> the perfect title.
>
> Made me smile anyway : )

LOL! :D
Thu 18/07/02 at 15:56
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Hmmmm, due to the nature of the situation my advice is this:

Ignore people here. They don't know the real story, don't have the same opinion as you, and aren't in the situation. I think you should decided yourself.
Wed 17/07/02 at 17:35
Regular
"not dead"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> No guts man. No guts. :0D

Yep, I'm with Grix here. I've found a way of reading messages from work (not posting though) and I've been following this, and I reckon you've got no balls. ;o)

Didn't work though, mind. :o)
Wed 17/07/02 at 17:18
Regular
"..."
Has she got a phat car?
Wed 17/07/02 at 15:50
Regular
No guts man. No guts. :0D
Wed 17/07/02 at 15:43
Regular
"Angry"
*pop*

War is hell
Tue 09/07/02 at 21:53
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Dr Duck wrote:
> Oh yeah, and if this thread had been less concerned with the lift
> woman, and more concerned with the 15 yr old, this thread would have
> the perfect title.
>
> Made me smile anyway : )

LOL LOL i got the joke.
Tue 09/07/02 at 16:24
Regular
Oh yeah, and if this thread had been less concerned with the lift woman, and more concerned with the 15 yr old, this thread would have the perfect title.

Made me smile anyway : )
Tue 09/07/02 at 16:09
Regular
Car pooling - an environmentally sound and extremely cost-efficient form of transport.
Maybe when it's one car journey instead of a car and a train (as opposed to instead of 2 cars), there's not so much to be said for the environmental benefits, but offer to contribute to the petrol money and it works out cheaper for both of you (instead of just for you, you big sponging git ;O) ).

But then there's temptation. Well, if you do find yourself tempted, just try to think of your 'actual' girlfriend. If that's not enough to keep it in your pants, the relationship probably isn't really that solid anyway, and you can't run away from temptation forever. Better you both find out now, rather than when you're married with kids?

As for your driver, i'd recommend you be honest with her. Obviously you've not got any confessions to make, but subtley let her know that you are seeing someone, if she doesn't know already. Not looking to lead her on or mess her about, i assume.

Oh, and as for the 15 year old, speaking as a uni law student, there exists the 'young man's defence' in cases of statutory rape, where the 'victim's' consent is negated by their age. Basically, it applies to men under 25 (at the time of the incident), and allows the court the scope to be liberal with how seriously they treat the offence. Her 15, you not even 20, you probably knew her anyway if you were aware of her age, in my (very unprofessional) opinion, you wouldn't have anything to worry about anyhow.
*Disclaimer- i've not checked over my notes on it or anything, and my opinion isn't all that.. well founded, perhaps? And of course, you're not about to go to court on it. Just thought it might be nice to know the law doesn't frown on you too much.

That's my 2 cents.
Tue 09/07/02 at 14:29
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> I fear I have begun down the path of iniquity...

LOL :-) I hope there's going to be a daily update to this story?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.