GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hey, those are my words! :)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/07/02 at 09:19
Regular
Looking into this months discount mag of Special Reserve; besides it being the best one so far, what with the fabulous price drops and all, I came across the review or 'words' given for Project Gotham Racing on page 14.
If you look closely towards the end of the first paragraph, you'll notice that it has the play-on "Nothing to do with Batman".
And looking back at my review that was submitted on 10/05/2002, you will find that my words, "Oh yeah! And it’s nothing to do with Batman :)" are near enough the same in regards to that little humour of PGR having nothing to do with the film.

Anyway, I am not here to say that I came up with it first, nor am I here to say the SR copied my words, but all I want to say is thank you, because to me this is an honour; if anyone were to use words from my review in their magazines, I would rather have Special Reserve take credit for it :)

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks, and of course, it proves to anyone on GAD who think that SR don't read all reviews - well...they do, because there it is :)

Thanks guys.

PS - Wonderful price-cut for the Saitek Joystick. And with a free game, too? Wicked! Got my one on Friday - Thanks Special Reserve, I wanted this since '99.
Mon 08/07/02 at 18:21
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> > Although the atmosphere is Life is often very depressing, but that's
> my fault most of the time. :0)

Hear Hear!

;)
Mon 08/07/02 at 18:11
Poor Mr Snuggly and loki have square eyes reading all the revues and posts ect so spare a though for them to :0)
Mon 08/07/02 at 18:05
Regular
"Fly like the wind"
My mistake..

SR did actually say it first - I just went over their review and saw the exact same thing that I wrote.

Anyway...no harm done :)
Mon 08/07/02 at 11:29
Regular
"Fly like the wind"
El Swandre wrote:
> No offense man, but I doubt you're the first person to think of that.

-------

It's okay man, but to me...I am the first person because I thought about it in my mind before seeing it elsewhere - it happens to everyone that way.

But I don't mind if I am not - I'm just glad SR think the same way as I do :)
Mon 08/07/02 at 11:25
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
No offense man, but I doubt you're the first person to think of that.
Mon 08/07/02 at 11:01
Regular
Heh, no problem. I just love the community here really... Chat isn't a prime example of community though. :0) Life and Movies have the best atmospheres, I think.

Although the atmosphere is Life is often very depressing, but that's my fault most of the time. :0) Ne'er mind, just look around, and don't be put off by the odd idiot, there -are- nice people here, honestly. :0)
Mon 08/07/02 at 10:51
Regular
"Fly like the wind"
Sounds great!

Thanks very much Grix Thraves.

I may be changing my username though, but I will always be on GAD, no matter what happens.

To be quite honest, it’s like a second home to me – not literally, but it proves how much fun I have when I visit the site; making new friends, talking about the latest news in the industry of games and films, and not to mention the chance to win GAD everyday - no wonder I like it so much :)

Special Reserve is too kind to us – but it can only get better…not worse :)

Thanks again.
Mon 08/07/02 at 10:19
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
run like a mouse

fly like a cushion

be the small bookcase

dare to believe...
Mon 08/07/02 at 09:54
Regular
What a happy person! Stick around, please! We need more like you! :0)
Mon 08/07/02 at 09:19
Regular
"Fly like the wind"
Looking into this months discount mag of Special Reserve; besides it being the best one so far, what with the fabulous price drops and all, I came across the review or 'words' given for Project Gotham Racing on page 14.
If you look closely towards the end of the first paragraph, you'll notice that it has the play-on "Nothing to do with Batman".
And looking back at my review that was submitted on 10/05/2002, you will find that my words, "Oh yeah! And it’s nothing to do with Batman :)" are near enough the same in regards to that little humour of PGR having nothing to do with the film.

Anyway, I am not here to say that I came up with it first, nor am I here to say the SR copied my words, but all I want to say is thank you, because to me this is an honour; if anyone were to use words from my review in their magazines, I would rather have Special Reserve take credit for it :)

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks, and of course, it proves to anyone on GAD who think that SR don't read all reviews - well...they do, because there it is :)

Thanks guys.

PS - Wonderful price-cut for the Saitek Joystick. And with a free game, too? Wicked! Got my one on Friday - Thanks Special Reserve, I wanted this since '99.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.