GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Before they were famous"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/07/02 at 23:41
Regular
Have you ever wondered what your favorite video game characters did before they were in the spotlight? Well now with are team of researchers, computer technology and lots of people who don’t get out very much, we are able to bring you… Gaming Legends: Before they were famous

Mario
It has always been under the public’s belief that Mario has always been a plumber. However before he stared in his first game way back in the 20th century he was actually an electrician! Its true, and luigi was the real water works man in the family. He owned a company called brothers pluming but after Mario brought 70% of the company’s shares he changed it to Mario brothers. Nintendo read an add for them in the paper while and this gave them the idea of super Mario brothers.

Solid snake
His real name was Mark Reynolds and after a rough childhood Mark thought the only way to get anywhere in the world was to improve his body. But because of his workouts and training he pushed studying to the side and dropped out of school at an early age to join the army. As we all know solid snake was in the navy seals for a few years until he dropped out mysteriously at the age of 23. Having no real qualifications he soon found himself living in a flat over a weapons shop and working in a local burger bar. On a business trip to try and think of a game for his new concole the big wig of sony got caught in traffic so decided to get a bite to eat. Here he met solid and from then on it all clicked into place.

Sonic
Like most hedgehogs sonic used the early days of his life for 2 things: eating and sleeping. He would get up in the morning, eat some grubs and then curl into a ball to sleep.
A Japanese businessman found the critter stuck in the prototype of a mcflurry, freed it and decided it would be the perfect advertising mascot for his paint company back in Japan.
Sonic was a big hit in the world of advertising until he was involved in an accident in one of the paint factories. Some gamma radiation leaked from the on-site generator and contaminated the paint.
While practicing for a stunt sonic slipped into a vat of blue paint and was transformed into a 3 foot tall blue hedgehog with super speed. After being in the papers Sega soon signed him up and gave him a contract.

Peach
Born in New York, Peach (real name Linda Lovegrove) was a lovely young girl with her first claim to fame being an appearance in a toothpaste advert. In her early twenties she became an underwear model and was on the front covers of magazines such as ‘Glamour’ and ‘Cosmo’. Yeah those were the days. All until Nintendo got hold of her and made her wear that big clumpy dress. What a shame.

Lara Croft
Thank god Nintendo didn’t get to our lovely Lara. Before she hit the big time Lara would stand on the street corners of Boston in a shiny skimpy outfit trading oral favorers for money. That’s right… she was a busker and played the flute. (She was pretty good too)
She went for additions too do background music for a new game in development. The only problem was she got the date wrong and ended up going to the additions of the main character.
The rest is history!

So you never know, in years to come it maybe you up there with the stars.

thanks for reading, and good night!
Sun 07/07/02 at 23:41
Regular
"always swirling"
Have you ever wondered what your favorite video game characters did before they were in the spotlight? Well now with are team of researchers, computer technology and lots of people who don’t get out very much, we are able to bring you… Gaming Legends: Before they were famous

Mario
It has always been under the public’s belief that Mario has always been a plumber. However before he stared in his first game way back in the 20th century he was actually an electrician! Its true, and luigi was the real water works man in the family. He owned a company called brothers pluming but after Mario brought 70% of the company’s shares he changed it to Mario brothers. Nintendo read an add for them in the paper while and this gave them the idea of super Mario brothers.

Solid snake
His real name was Mark Reynolds and after a rough childhood Mark thought the only way to get anywhere in the world was to improve his body. But because of his workouts and training he pushed studying to the side and dropped out of school at an early age to join the army. As we all know solid snake was in the navy seals for a few years until he dropped out mysteriously at the age of 23. Having no real qualifications he soon found himself living in a flat over a weapons shop and working in a local burger bar. On a business trip to try and think of a game for his new concole the big wig of sony got caught in traffic so decided to get a bite to eat. Here he met solid and from then on it all clicked into place.

Sonic
Like most hedgehogs sonic used the early days of his life for 2 things: eating and sleeping. He would get up in the morning, eat some grubs and then curl into a ball to sleep.
A Japanese businessman found the critter stuck in the prototype of a mcflurry, freed it and decided it would be the perfect advertising mascot for his paint company back in Japan.
Sonic was a big hit in the world of advertising until he was involved in an accident in one of the paint factories. Some gamma radiation leaked from the on-site generator and contaminated the paint.
While practicing for a stunt sonic slipped into a vat of blue paint and was transformed into a 3 foot tall blue hedgehog with super speed. After being in the papers Sega soon signed him up and gave him a contract.

Peach
Born in New York, Peach (real name Linda Lovegrove) was a lovely young girl with her first claim to fame being an appearance in a toothpaste advert. In her early twenties she became an underwear model and was on the front covers of magazines such as ‘Glamour’ and ‘Cosmo’. Yeah those were the days. All until Nintendo got hold of her and made her wear that big clumpy dress. What a shame.

Lara Croft
Thank god Nintendo didn’t get to our lovely Lara. Before she hit the big time Lara would stand on the street corners of Boston in a shiny skimpy outfit trading oral favorers for money. That’s right… she was a busker and played the flute. (She was pretty good too)
She went for additions too do background music for a new game in development. The only problem was she got the date wrong and ended up going to the additions of the main character.
The rest is history!

So you never know, in years to come it maybe you up there with the stars.

thanks for reading, and good night!
Mon 08/07/02 at 01:32
"~do i look funny?~"
Since I'm giving myself a physical endurance test and cannot go to sleep, this was a good change for me. Usually i sit reading 3 word phrases on how PS2 sux.
Mon 08/07/02 at 01:33
"~do i look funny?~"
But who is this gril peach? I'd never heard of her before.
Mon 08/07/02 at 06:24
Regular
"always swirling"
Ronaldinho_da_2nd wrote:
> But who is this gril peach? I'd never heard of her before.

she's the princess from mario
Mon 08/07/02 at 07:47
"Stupid Newbie :D"
Ronaldinho_da_2nd wrote:
> Usually i sit reading 3 word
> phrases on how PS2 sux.

LoL... from the ever so estute, and intelligent kiddy-winkles, such as savatt1668. ;)

I'm guessing public speaking isn't their strongpoint, verbal diahorrea and the fact they keep mashing their lower gum with their tongue, would make it quite difficult for them to say anything w/o being laughed at.
Mon 08/07/02 at 08:06
Regular
"Ghetto Fabulous"
What happened to bowser

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.