GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater Review (Spoiler Free)"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater'.
Thu 31/08/06 at 23:36
Regular
""none""
“The Greatest of all gears!”

Now there are not too many Metal Gear Solid fans around, I would like to promote this game, because it's awsome and enjoyable.

With Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, you definitely will not be disappointed, even if you’re not a big fan of the Metal Gear Solid series or haven’t tried the game yet, NOW IS THE TIME. But remember for the fans of this game who have not touched it, I will not spoil the game. I can tell you, you will be playing as Naked Snake (Jack).

No words can describe how much pleasure and enjoyment you can get out of slicing through soldiers necks! In fact this game has a totally new battle system, which parts it from its predecessors; with its advance “Close Quarter Combat (CQC)” system a major element in this game. CQC is an advanced battle system which allows one to Slit throats, interrogate enemies and my favorite one is taking the enemy hostage!

Keeping up with its very realistic feel is, you’re going to have to keep yourself alive by feeding on animals fruits and vegetables, why did they call it “Snake Eater”? Well now you know!!! You will have to eat to keep your stamina gauge high, which means if you don’t when it lowers you feel Snake getting lazier and slouchy; also his aiming precision lower, which means you will find it extremely hard to aim. Also you will hear Snakes stomach making sounds, which alerts the soldiers.

Another amazing feel to the game is that you will not only have to hide, but you will need to change your camouflage suit and face paint to match the environment to help keep hidden; in most places like trees, walls, grass and dark places. You will get a percentage meter to keep you updated on how much you’re blended in.

You will also have an assortment of weapons, which you will find very useful. Unlike the previous titles, you will be able to use a knife to slit throats or just slice n’ up soldiers. The difficulties will be ranging from Very Easy to – European Extreme (for the UK version only).

You may have heard that Metal Gear Solid 2 was hard to understand, but this game will be lighter on the mind. The game starts off with Snake doing a HALO jump (parachute thing), to rescue rocket scientist Sokolov. That’s all I’m going to say. But the story is just too good; it’s like your playing in a movie!!!

The controls are more than easy to get the hang of, once you played it for half an hour. You will get the feel of this game in no time. Be warned, it’s very addictive. Before you start tell family and friends that you’re going on holiday and won’t be back for 4 months. Then lock yourself in a room with an unlimited supply of food and drink and start!

PS2 owner? Not a PS2 owner? If you are a PS2, you should be totally ashamed to not have this game already in your collection. If your not a PS2 owner, I suggest you buy one right away and get this game!!!

It will excite you in such a way, that you will wimper and wet yourself! This is really a kick ass game, not to rent but to buy!!

[Certificate 15]
Tue 05/09/06 at 22:53
Regular
""none""
Kawada wrote:
> And a 3rd person Splinter Cell type camera as well so no more
> stop start stop start gameplay

Yeah, it's all good. I've always wanted to know if that will be in MGS4?
Mon 04/09/06 at 15:53
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
And a 3rd person Splinter Cell type camera as well so no more stop start stop start gameplay
Mon 04/09/06 at 12:21
Regular
""none""
Yeah, Subsitence is releasing soon, it's the same thing as Snake Eater, just with an online function. This might be old, but I reviewed it because Subsistence is coming out soon! ^_^ And I don't think it's that old, some people probably havent played it.
Sun 03/09/06 at 22:07
Regular
"Mooching around"
I wouldn't know, I'm not a fan of MGS, I played the first one and was very underwhelmed. The second one just raised my blood pressure.
Sun 03/09/06 at 22:05
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Yeah, some red headed girl on the things, I wonder who she is.
Or is she blonde?
Anyway, I think it has some sort of multiplayer?
Sun 03/09/06 at 21:18
Regular
"Mooching around"
Again with these long reviews and FAQs. You must really want a GAD :-D

Anyway, there's supposed to be MGS3: Substance coming out soon, right?
Sun 03/09/06 at 20:58
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
No, its just that either its too old a game for anyone to care, or they've played the game and so don't give a crap.
Its a good review and all, of one of the games that would be in my top 5 list (If I had one), but its a bit old, and so.....know one cares. I think.
Anyway if you got/get a gad for it its worth it.
Sat 02/09/06 at 13:48
Regular
""none""
Nobody likes my review?
Thu 31/08/06 at 23:36
Regular
""none""
“The Greatest of all gears!”

Now there are not too many Metal Gear Solid fans around, I would like to promote this game, because it's awsome and enjoyable.

With Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, you definitely will not be disappointed, even if you’re not a big fan of the Metal Gear Solid series or haven’t tried the game yet, NOW IS THE TIME. But remember for the fans of this game who have not touched it, I will not spoil the game. I can tell you, you will be playing as Naked Snake (Jack).

No words can describe how much pleasure and enjoyment you can get out of slicing through soldiers necks! In fact this game has a totally new battle system, which parts it from its predecessors; with its advance “Close Quarter Combat (CQC)” system a major element in this game. CQC is an advanced battle system which allows one to Slit throats, interrogate enemies and my favorite one is taking the enemy hostage!

Keeping up with its very realistic feel is, you’re going to have to keep yourself alive by feeding on animals fruits and vegetables, why did they call it “Snake Eater”? Well now you know!!! You will have to eat to keep your stamina gauge high, which means if you don’t when it lowers you feel Snake getting lazier and slouchy; also his aiming precision lower, which means you will find it extremely hard to aim. Also you will hear Snakes stomach making sounds, which alerts the soldiers.

Another amazing feel to the game is that you will not only have to hide, but you will need to change your camouflage suit and face paint to match the environment to help keep hidden; in most places like trees, walls, grass and dark places. You will get a percentage meter to keep you updated on how much you’re blended in.

You will also have an assortment of weapons, which you will find very useful. Unlike the previous titles, you will be able to use a knife to slit throats or just slice n’ up soldiers. The difficulties will be ranging from Very Easy to – European Extreme (for the UK version only).

You may have heard that Metal Gear Solid 2 was hard to understand, but this game will be lighter on the mind. The game starts off with Snake doing a HALO jump (parachute thing), to rescue rocket scientist Sokolov. That’s all I’m going to say. But the story is just too good; it’s like your playing in a movie!!!

The controls are more than easy to get the hang of, once you played it for half an hour. You will get the feel of this game in no time. Be warned, it’s very addictive. Before you start tell family and friends that you’re going on holiday and won’t be back for 4 months. Then lock yourself in a room with an unlimited supply of food and drink and start!

PS2 owner? Not a PS2 owner? If you are a PS2, you should be totally ashamed to not have this game already in your collection. If your not a PS2 owner, I suggest you buy one right away and get this game!!!

It will excite you in such a way, that you will wimper and wet yourself! This is really a kick ass game, not to rent but to buy!!

[Certificate 15]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.