GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Operation Xbox"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/07/02 at 16:39
Regular
Present day:

The past was gone, what had happened, happened. We had no idea of how much it would change our lives for ever, no idea at all. I have manned previous missions before, but nothing could prepare me for the feeling I had right now. We didn’t need to work again; working was a thing of the past, a past time that went up with the smoke and the after-math of our mission. Life is solitary, life seems pointless, all I do is look back at what could have happened if the mission had turned out differently and sometimes I wish it had.

3 Years Earlier:
November 26 2002 7:35 am:

The plan was all going well, the money was in the van and the weapons in their cases, all that was left now was the take-over. The transit carrier would be crossing the bridge at approximately 8:33 am; time was on our side as we loaded up and made our final preparations. There was a team of five operatives designated for the mission. Savatt was in the back loading up his AK47, Silent 85 (code name S85) was the driver for this mission, Tom was making last minute preparations with the ammo, Wookie was reading over the plan for the take-over and as the commander for this operation it was my duty to keep track of the transit carrier and the number of personnel on board.

7:45 am:

The carrier was 20 miles south-west of the take-over position and was maintaining a steady speed of 35 mph, the carrier was on course for the 8:33 crossing and everything was going to plan. This was Wookie's first mission with team 'X' and he was starting to get anxious, his feet were tapping on the cold metal of the van almost like raindrops dripping onto glass. This would be my first mission working in the company of S85 and Savatt but I was confident that we would have a successful mission ahead of us. Overlooking the bridge was the presence of Mantis, this would be my last mission working with Mantis but we go a long way back and have had 100% mission success up to this point. As we neared to our destination snow started to fall, the snow was silent almost like it was travelling through a vacuum of time. With the weather taking a turn for the worse visibility was short, Mantis radioed in with the new bearings of his position, he was now a lot closer to the bridge but it is the only way we can target the transit carrier and the take-over position.

8:02 am:

We were in position, the weapons were all loaded and the target vehicle was getting nearer according to our digital tracker. Savatt deported from the van and headed towards the metal structure that was keeping the bridge rigid. Wookie closely followed with the climbing equipment and the explosives needed to blow the carrier of course. The bridge was a 150 foot structure that dominated the sky line; a mere 7 miles long separated one harbour from the other. Wookie laid the C4 explosives at the bottom of Strut 'A', this would ensure that the carrier would come to a stop and so the take-over would go to plan. As Wookie was setting the bomb Savatt began his ascent up Strut 'A', he was a very experienced climber and was prepared to lay his life on the line in order to save others, once at the top he began to sip line down to Strut 'B' but still staying 75 feet above ground level. Wookie radioed Mantis to confirm they had the bridge under their grasp, Mantis now had to take a boat from the 'Los Angles' Harbour and head towards the south side of strut 'A'.

8:20 am:

With Savatt and Wookie in position it was the job of Tom and I to lay the stingers in the road so that any emergency or police vehicles would be stopped 2 miles either way of the take-over position to give team 'X' time to escape. The C4 was armed, the stingers were in laid and we were all in position, the truck was approximately 13 minutes away and was on target for its arrival time. Mantis radioed in to confirm the co-ordinates of the boat and the position of the transit carrier. The snow fell heavy, the vacuum had gone and the heavens had opened, the flakes fell like bullets from a gun and the atmosphere was becoming very tense. The carrier was crossing Strut 'G' at the far West side of the bridge, Savatt had the carrier in sight as he began his descent to the bottom of Strut ‘B’ and prepared his AK47 loading a full magazine of 30 rounds into the derelict barrel of the gaping gun. The mission was going to plan; Savatt, Tom and Wookie were waiting for the ambush, as the commander it was my job to set the C4 timer and wait opposite the bomb and attack the carrier from the side, there would be casualties from this mission, this was thing that could not be avoided.

8:32 am:

The truck was 300 metres away from the take-over position; Wookie began to move swiftly up the south side of the bridge with weapons in both hands and a focused plan to complete the mission. Savatt headed up the north side of the bridge with his AK47 resting on his nerve shaken arm, Tom crossed the bridge over to the south side and was waiting for the carrier to pass before he would follow on aiming towards the back door. I set the timer for 20 seconds and loaded up my rifle waiting for the carrier to pass.

8:33 am:

5...4...3...2...1... CR... BOOM... "go, Go, GO! Move out take positions around the carrier and shoot on sight, Shoot to kill, disarm all carrier personnel!" Bang, Bang, "the driver has been neutralised take control of the vehicle and make sure you surround that 'Xbox', guard that machine with your lives and make sure that nothing happens to it". Shots were fired as 3 enemy agents went down; the back of the carrier was blasted open using 2 remote mines, Savatt and Tom moved into the back of the carrier and took control of the remaining sector. Wookie prepared the climbing equipment on the south side of Strut 'A', he lowered the rope into the back of the boat and Mantis fixed the Zip Line onto corresponding hooks which lie in the bottom of the vehicle. The sirens were a distant murmur travelling almost through simultaneous waves as the tires ripped on the bottom of the stingers. One by one we descended into the boat via the Zip Line, Wookie went first, followed by Savatt and finally I dropped down into the boat after setting the remaining sets of C4 on Struts 'B','C' and 'D'.

Mantis started up the boat, the Zip-Line was disconnected from the boat and the C4 timer was set for 2 minutes, we accelerated away from the south side of the bridge into the sun rise. The bombs went off to the sound of a broken drum; it was almost like the millennium taking place all over again whilst at the same time we had won the lottery.

Once back on land we burnt the boat out leaving only ash and dust in the midst of a crisp winter's morning air, the mission was completed and the console was in our hands. The clouds of smoke towered the surrounding buildings as we dispersed into the morning bustle of city life. Getting out the country was not a problem, Mantis had already prepared a private helicopter to take us away from America and bring us back onto home soil.

3 Years later:

The past was gone, what had happened, happened. We had no idea of how much it would change our lives for ever, no idea at all. I have manned previous missions before, but nothing could prepare me for the feeling I had right now. We didn't need to work again; working was a thing of the past, a past time that went up with the smoke and the after-math of our mission. Life is solitary, life seems pointless, all I do is look back at what could have happened if the mission had turned out differently and sometimes I wish it had.
Sun 07/07/02 at 09:15
Regular
Cheers guys!
Sun 07/07/02 at 00:13
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
*feels smug* I'm in a story. :)

Thanks garbe!
Sat 06/07/02 at 22:53
Regular
Thoroughly enjoyable story garbe.
Sat 06/07/02 at 17:26
Regular
Cheers Savatt!
Sat 06/07/02 at 17:06
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Good story mate. ;-) Thats actually the first story I've been in. ;-))
Couldn't help laughing when everything became clear at the end and what we was doing it all for. ;-))
Sat 06/07/02 at 16:39
Regular
Present day:

The past was gone, what had happened, happened. We had no idea of how much it would change our lives for ever, no idea at all. I have manned previous missions before, but nothing could prepare me for the feeling I had right now. We didn’t need to work again; working was a thing of the past, a past time that went up with the smoke and the after-math of our mission. Life is solitary, life seems pointless, all I do is look back at what could have happened if the mission had turned out differently and sometimes I wish it had.

3 Years Earlier:
November 26 2002 7:35 am:

The plan was all going well, the money was in the van and the weapons in their cases, all that was left now was the take-over. The transit carrier would be crossing the bridge at approximately 8:33 am; time was on our side as we loaded up and made our final preparations. There was a team of five operatives designated for the mission. Savatt was in the back loading up his AK47, Silent 85 (code name S85) was the driver for this mission, Tom was making last minute preparations with the ammo, Wookie was reading over the plan for the take-over and as the commander for this operation it was my duty to keep track of the transit carrier and the number of personnel on board.

7:45 am:

The carrier was 20 miles south-west of the take-over position and was maintaining a steady speed of 35 mph, the carrier was on course for the 8:33 crossing and everything was going to plan. This was Wookie's first mission with team 'X' and he was starting to get anxious, his feet were tapping on the cold metal of the van almost like raindrops dripping onto glass. This would be my first mission working in the company of S85 and Savatt but I was confident that we would have a successful mission ahead of us. Overlooking the bridge was the presence of Mantis, this would be my last mission working with Mantis but we go a long way back and have had 100% mission success up to this point. As we neared to our destination snow started to fall, the snow was silent almost like it was travelling through a vacuum of time. With the weather taking a turn for the worse visibility was short, Mantis radioed in with the new bearings of his position, he was now a lot closer to the bridge but it is the only way we can target the transit carrier and the take-over position.

8:02 am:

We were in position, the weapons were all loaded and the target vehicle was getting nearer according to our digital tracker. Savatt deported from the van and headed towards the metal structure that was keeping the bridge rigid. Wookie closely followed with the climbing equipment and the explosives needed to blow the carrier of course. The bridge was a 150 foot structure that dominated the sky line; a mere 7 miles long separated one harbour from the other. Wookie laid the C4 explosives at the bottom of Strut 'A', this would ensure that the carrier would come to a stop and so the take-over would go to plan. As Wookie was setting the bomb Savatt began his ascent up Strut 'A', he was a very experienced climber and was prepared to lay his life on the line in order to save others, once at the top he began to sip line down to Strut 'B' but still staying 75 feet above ground level. Wookie radioed Mantis to confirm they had the bridge under their grasp, Mantis now had to take a boat from the 'Los Angles' Harbour and head towards the south side of strut 'A'.

8:20 am:

With Savatt and Wookie in position it was the job of Tom and I to lay the stingers in the road so that any emergency or police vehicles would be stopped 2 miles either way of the take-over position to give team 'X' time to escape. The C4 was armed, the stingers were in laid and we were all in position, the truck was approximately 13 minutes away and was on target for its arrival time. Mantis radioed in to confirm the co-ordinates of the boat and the position of the transit carrier. The snow fell heavy, the vacuum had gone and the heavens had opened, the flakes fell like bullets from a gun and the atmosphere was becoming very tense. The carrier was crossing Strut 'G' at the far West side of the bridge, Savatt had the carrier in sight as he began his descent to the bottom of Strut ‘B’ and prepared his AK47 loading a full magazine of 30 rounds into the derelict barrel of the gaping gun. The mission was going to plan; Savatt, Tom and Wookie were waiting for the ambush, as the commander it was my job to set the C4 timer and wait opposite the bomb and attack the carrier from the side, there would be casualties from this mission, this was thing that could not be avoided.

8:32 am:

The truck was 300 metres away from the take-over position; Wookie began to move swiftly up the south side of the bridge with weapons in both hands and a focused plan to complete the mission. Savatt headed up the north side of the bridge with his AK47 resting on his nerve shaken arm, Tom crossed the bridge over to the south side and was waiting for the carrier to pass before he would follow on aiming towards the back door. I set the timer for 20 seconds and loaded up my rifle waiting for the carrier to pass.

8:33 am:

5...4...3...2...1... CR... BOOM... "go, Go, GO! Move out take positions around the carrier and shoot on sight, Shoot to kill, disarm all carrier personnel!" Bang, Bang, "the driver has been neutralised take control of the vehicle and make sure you surround that 'Xbox', guard that machine with your lives and make sure that nothing happens to it". Shots were fired as 3 enemy agents went down; the back of the carrier was blasted open using 2 remote mines, Savatt and Tom moved into the back of the carrier and took control of the remaining sector. Wookie prepared the climbing equipment on the south side of Strut 'A', he lowered the rope into the back of the boat and Mantis fixed the Zip Line onto corresponding hooks which lie in the bottom of the vehicle. The sirens were a distant murmur travelling almost through simultaneous waves as the tires ripped on the bottom of the stingers. One by one we descended into the boat via the Zip Line, Wookie went first, followed by Savatt and finally I dropped down into the boat after setting the remaining sets of C4 on Struts 'B','C' and 'D'.

Mantis started up the boat, the Zip-Line was disconnected from the boat and the C4 timer was set for 2 minutes, we accelerated away from the south side of the bridge into the sun rise. The bombs went off to the sound of a broken drum; it was almost like the millennium taking place all over again whilst at the same time we had won the lottery.

Once back on land we burnt the boat out leaving only ash and dust in the midst of a crisp winter's morning air, the mission was completed and the console was in our hands. The clouds of smoke towered the surrounding buildings as we dispersed into the morning bustle of city life. Getting out the country was not a problem, Mantis had already prepared a private helicopter to take us away from America and bring us back onto home soil.

3 Years later:

The past was gone, what had happened, happened. We had no idea of how much it would change our lives for ever, no idea at all. I have manned previous missions before, but nothing could prepare me for the feeling I had right now. We didn't need to work again; working was a thing of the past, a past time that went up with the smoke and the after-math of our mission. Life is solitary, life seems pointless, all I do is look back at what could have happened if the mission had turned out differently and sometimes I wish it had.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.