GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"HD problem"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/07/02 at 15:24
Regular
I know this isnt really a technical problems forum, so dont wry. After my recent format my PC thinks the HD is 2GB in size, when it is really 10. After fixes?

Thanks if you can help.
Thu 11/07/02 at 16:08
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
There's a tool in the accessories menu. Disk converter or something. Use that, 'tis probably better.
Thu 11/07/02 at 11:14
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
AMD_MAN wrote:
> Yes it sounds like it is only using fat 16 instead of fat 32.
>
> c.b.

aye... FAT16 has a max partion size of just over 2?GB ...

You'll need to format your drive using FAT32 to have a single 10GB partion

(you should e able to specify when you format.
Wed 10/07/02 at 16:58
"High polygon count"
Although if all you did was a simple format, the format of your HD shouldn't have changed, and all 10Gb should still be recognised.
Wed 10/07/02 at 15:52
Regular
Yes it sounds like it is only using fat 16 instead of fat 32.

c.b.
Sat 06/07/02 at 16:47
Regular
I'm assuming your using either win95 or win98 variation, if so you will have to use your win startup disk and run fdisk, when it starts it will ask you if you want to enable large disk support, you need to say yes otherwise it will limit disk size to 2gb for compatabilty reasons.
Dano.
Sat 06/07/02 at 15:24
I know this isnt really a technical problems forum, so dont wry. After my recent format my PC thinks the HD is 2GB in size, when it is really 10. After fixes?

Thanks if you can help.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.